CelticsStrong > Comments & Remarks

Is it just me, or is the quality of conversation around here at an all-time low?

(1/15) > >>

Roy H.:
I feel like it’s nearly impossible to have a solid basketball conversation around here lately. The BBIQ, level of observation, and ability to communicate all seem to be at a middle school level. 

I honestly feel dumber for reading about 40% of the posts on here.  I don’t know what it is, but I wish people would try harder.  Hot takes + sheer stupidity = a pretty unreadable mess.

gouki88:
100%

It's especially annoying because I feel like half the time when I try and have a discussion with someone here they literally don't read anything I've written in reply, and just retort with the same thing that I'd addressed in my own post.

SCeltic34:
Agreed, it's pretty bad.  It almost doesn't make sense to take the time support your arguments/counterarguments with relevant facts and statistics since they'll likely just end up being ignored.  Some people cannot be rationalized with no matter how well your make your case.  Of course, not supporting arguments adequately just leads to low quality discussions, as we see now.

I also see some threads topics that are just immediately facepalm inducing.  And that's not being condescending or thinking that I somehow know more about basketball than others.  It's just that those topics, and their respective premise(s), are really silly.  And wrong.  I see one in the "Latest Discussions" right now.

There's still some quality posters though.  And game threads are still cool.  Where else can we consistently vent about the NBA's atrocious officiating?

RazzelnoDazzel:

--- Quote from: Roy H. on May 19, 2019, 12:01:48 AM ---I feel like it’s nearly impossible to have a solid basketball conversation around here lately. The BBIQ, level of observation, and ability to communicate all seem to be at a middle school level. 

I honestly feel dumber for reading about 40% of the posts on here.  I don’t know what it is, but I wish people would try harder.  Hot takes + sheer stupidity = a pretty unreadable mess.

--- End quote ---

Sorry I can’t read your complaint due to ads 🤷🏽‍♂️

jambr380:
The problem with this thread is everybody is going to agree, but nobody will think they are to blame.

I am not going to claim I have this sophisticated level of knowledge and understanding of the NBA and its intricacies, but I sure hope I am not being pinpointed in this thread (because I generally do agree with the premise).

Anyway, yeah, it would be great if people took facts, analyzed them, and then presented their posts in a way that shows they understand those facts.

I will go first on an issue (that isn’t salary cap related). Under no circumstance should anybody want Kyrie to walk in FA. This would be a massive loss of an asset. At the very worst, people should want us to sign him for the max and then eventually trade him if it is just not working out. I really have no idea what people think we have to gain by him simply signing with another team in FA...because it is certainly not cap space to sign somebody else.

Edit: nice response sceltic34 - tp to you and Roy

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version