Author Topic: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread (We Did It Guys! Fireworks!!!)  (Read 327722 times)

Re: 2016-2017 Gordon Hayward Thread
« Reply #90 on: May 09, 2017, 08:21:21 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
toucher-rich-think-gordon-hayward-celtics-done-deal
http://www.csnne.com/video/toucher-rich-think-gordon-hayward-celtics-done-deal

I don't necessarily agree that it's already a "done deal," but I do certainly agree that everything I've heard from him doesn't inspire confidence that he's really committed to staying.

There are some out there that think this Utah team doesn't get much better. I tend to agree with them; I don't see them getting much better than they were this year. Outside of Exum getting exponentially better, where do they improve? They won't have any high draft picks coming anytime soon, and they're just simply not a free agent destination for star-level players.

« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2017, 08:27:51 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I don't necessarily agree that it's already a "done deal," but I do certainly agree that everything I've heard from him doesn't inspire confidence that he's really committed to staying.

There are some out there that think this Utah team doesn't get much better. I tend to agree with them; I don't see them getting much better than they were this year. Outside of Exum getting exponentially better, where do they improve? They won't have any high draft picks coming anytime soon, and they're just simply not a free agent destination for star-level players.
I think Hayward to Boston is more likely than George to LA.

Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #92 on: May 09, 2017, 08:34:22 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith

So do I, but I don't buy the whole "George being a lock to LA" narrative either. We've heard that exact narrative debunked with other players way too many times already, and it's not even like they're any good right now to justify such a narrative. It seems to be the same old pro-LA baseless drivel.

« Reply #93 on: May 09, 2017, 08:43:56 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Sign Gordon

AB , Crowder brk 17 for George

IT.                 Rozier
Smart.          Green(vet min)
Hayward.      Jaylen
George.         Yabu
Horford.        Zicic

Hayward can play 2/3 and George the 3/4

If we want to go big we can play zicic and move Horford to PF and George to SF.

« Reply #94 on: May 09, 2017, 09:15:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Sign Gordon

AB , Crowder brk 17 for George

IT.                 Rozier
Smart.          Green(vet min)
Hayward.      Jaylen
George.         Yabu
Horford.        Zicic

Hayward can play 2/3 and George the 3/4

If we want to go big we can play zicic and move Horford to PF and George to SF.

Only if PG13 agrees to a long term commitment.

Otherwise if they make that deal, and PG13 bolts for LA in a year, people will be calling for Ainge's head..  :P
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #95 on: May 09, 2017, 09:17:29 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

So do I, but I don't buy the whole "George being a lock to LA" narrative either. We've heard that exact narrative debunked with other players way too many times already, and it's not even like they're any good right now to justify such a narrative. It seems to be the same old pro-LA baseless drivel.

I think they are setting up for a 2018 FA-signing.

But then you wonder what George does next season. Toil another season with Indiana? But Indiana would not be pleased if PG13 pretty much says he's leaving, so I'd expect them to shop him hard.

Will be real interesting.

« Reply #96 on: May 09, 2017, 09:18:52 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

I dont either. Everyone and their brother is linked to LA and then they dont come and LA signs Timofey Mozgov and everyone completely forgets and picks out the next 3 superstars who are "deadset" on coming to LA.

“He’s made it very, very clear that he wants to be in L.A.,” [Stephen A.]Smith said of DeRozan’s intentions in free agency. “He has family out there. He’s from out there. He wants to be in L.A. He wants to wear the purple and gold, and if there’s a way for it to happen, again he’s restricted, if there’s a way for it to happen, DeMar DeRozan will be in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform next season.”
then there was this:
Love wants to play for the Lakers but he's also open to coming to the Knicks.
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/lawrence-dolan-gilbert-meddling-hazard-teams-health-article-1.1796220#ixzz321uBcAPS
and this:
"They should trade him," one Eastern Conference executive said. "No one thinks he's staying. Everyone knows he wants to go to the Lakers."
both are pre-Cavs trade.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:24:25 PM by Ilikesports17 »
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #97 on: May 09, 2017, 09:21:06 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

I dont either. Everyone and their brother is linked to LA and then they dont come and LA signs Timofey Mozgov and everyone completely forgets and picks out the next 3 superstars who are "deadset" on coming to LA.

“He’s made it very, very clear that he wants to be in L.A.,” [Stephen A.]Smith said of DeRozan’s intentions in free agency. “He has family out there. He’s from out there. He wants to be in L.A. He wants to wear the purple and gold, and if there’s a way for it to happen, again he’s restricted, if there’s a way for it to happen, DeMar DeRozan will be in a Los Angeles Lakers uniform next season.”

Stephen A. Smith said the same about Durant to LA and got blasted by KD. Hate KD now, but applauded him for this stance against S.A.S at the time. If the Knicks weren't so trash, S.A.S would tell you most of the stars are now headed to NYK (like they were supposed to like 3 years ago)   ::)

Also, seems foolish to have Deng and Mozgov take up like 1/3 of your cap space LOL.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 09:33:38 PM by Phantom255x »

« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2017, 09:30:41 PM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Saw this on Reddit, thoughts?

If he believes he can be a good player 3 years from now it's in his best interest to sign a 3 years + 1 year player option contract and then sign a 35% max for 5 years once he is a 10 year vet after the 3 years. In that case Utah doesn't have much of a financial advantage.

Year  Current Team ($ mil)  Other Team
1                                  30.3                  30.3
2                                  32.7                  31.8
3                                  35.1                  33.3
4 (player option)       37.6                  34.8

Total                          135.7               130.2
First 3 years               98.2                 95.4

For the 3 year lifetime of that contract he will only be losing 2.7 million.

What he would loose in contract money he could easily make up in endorsement contracts playing for the C's. Especially if they have a good season and get to the EFC and give LeBron and crew a run for their money.

But have to flesh the rest of the team out first, so that's DA and Stevens job in the meeting, is to have who they will go after if they sign Hayward to round out the team. 

« Reply #99 on: May 09, 2017, 10:38:13 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
Hayward still deciding whether he will opt out or not (he will).

Hill's decision will be solely based on what Hayward does.

If we whiff on Hayward BUT he actually goes to another team, I wonder if the C's could swing a trade for Gobert or Favors?

« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2017, 02:51:43 PM »

Online RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1409
  • Let's Go Celtics!

If we whiff on Hayward BUT he actually goes to another team, I wonder if the C's could swing a trade for Gobert or Favors?

If Hayward does indeed leave, I think Utah should make Gobert their centerpiece. He's still young enough to put good pieces around. I think Favors is a prime candidate for trade regardless of what Hayward does though. He's in the last year of a low cost deal and I don't think he resigns there. Makes sense to get something for him.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2017, 03:15:08 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

If Hayward does indeed leave, I think Utah should make Gobert their centerpiece. He's still young enough to put good pieces around. I think Favors is a prime candidate for trade regardless of what Hayward does though. He's in the last year of a low cost deal and I don't think he resigns there. Makes sense to get something for him.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Wonder what Favors price would be.

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!
On First Take, Max Kellerman thinks Hayward to Boston would be the ABSOLUTE BEST fit for both sides, and could legitimately contend against Cleveland.

Take that as you may.

To me, the issue is, as another thread on here states, if we add Hayward, what other big or PF are we adding? Because then we'd lack depth there with so many departures.

Horford, Zizic, then who? We also lose MLE signing Hayward, so that's not an option either (though that would have been nice for someone like Gibson).

« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2017, 10:14:14 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
On First Take, Max Kellerman thinks Hayward to Boston would be the ABSOLUTE BEST fit for both sides, and could legitimately contend against Cleveland.

Take that as you may.

To me, the issue is, as another thread on here states, if we add Hayward, what other big or PF are we adding? Because then we'd lack depth there with so many departures.

Horford, Zizic, then who? We also lose MLE signing Hayward, so that's not an option either (though that would have been nice for someone like Gibson).

I saw another poster mention Faried a while back, and the more I think about it the more I like it. He'd GREATLY help our rebounding issues, and we could certainly use his athleticism and tenacity from the 4 spot. They were looking to offload him this season already, too.

If we would luck out and get Fultz in the draft, then you could offer up something like AB and Rozier for Faried. I doubt AB alone would do it since they have Harris and Murray already, but Rozier would interest them since they're looking for a PG prospect. You'd have to keep AB in there for salary purposes, and they could use him as trade bait elsewhere (like OKC?). You may or may not have to sweeten the pot with 2nd round picks.

But that'd leave you with a great lineup:

PG: IT, Fultz
SG: Hayward, Smart
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Faried, ? (Maybe Yabu?)
C: Horford, Zizic

« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2017, 10:16:58 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743

Take that as you may.

I saw another poster mention Faried a while back, and the more I think about it the more I like it. He'd GREATLY help our rebounding issues, and we could certainly use his athleticism and tenacity from the 4 spot. They were looking to offload him this season already, too.

If we would luck out and get Fultz in the draft, then you could offer up something like AB and Rozier for Faried. I doubt AB alone would do it since they have Harris and Murray already, but Rozier would interest them since they're looking for a PG prospect. You'd have to keep AB in there for salary purposes, and they could use him as trade bait elsewhere (like OKC?). You may or may not have to sweeten the pot with 2nd round picks.

But that'd leave you with a great lineup:

PG: IT, Fultz
SG: Hayward, Smart
SF: Crowder, Brown
PF: Faried, ? (Maybe Yabu?)
C: Horford, Zizic

really?  that much ??