Author Topic: Roziers realistic trade value  (Read 13236 times)

Re: Roziers realistic trade value
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2018, 12:58:24 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Because of the current roster construction, we can only gain benefit from a few types of deals:

1. Push Rozier's value into the future by obtaining draft picks
2. Obtain a combo guard/2 guard reserve to replace Rozier with a better contract situation.
3. Obtain a high quality two way 4 or 5 by combining assets.

We only have a few types of role players that can benefit the team.

We have two point guards. We have a logjam at the 3. We have solid backup bigs.

We do not need a 2 guard unless they can defend and shoot. If someone is better suited to playing the 3 we shouldn't bother. Any big man would have to be starter level to help.

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2018, 02:35:36 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Could we trade Rozier for Okogie of The Timberwolves? It works in the trade machine. Okogie is signed for 4 years,and has no problem coming off the bench... The Celtics also save almost a million dollars....

« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2018, 03:36:35 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
The realistic trade value for Rozier is a mid-late first round pick for 2019, conditional pick for 2020 or later, and/or solid veteran rotation player.  His value might be higher if the Celtics were in a financial position to match any offer during the off-season.  We all know that this can't happen unless Kyrie changes his mind about staying in Boston.

I suppose the Celtics could package a combination of Rozier and the potential 2019 picks that could convey.  This would be Danny's best chance at acquiring a young talent or high level rotation player.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 03:42:43 PM by Green-18 »

« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2018, 05:21:58 PM »

Online JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
Rozier has proved he can be the starting guard on a successful playoff team. I would think his value is somewhere along the lines of a future 1st round pick. Unprotected
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2018, 05:48:03 PM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Rozier has proved he can be the starting guard on a successful playoff team. I would think his value is somewhere along the lines of a future 1st round pick. Unprotected

He's worth a 1st round pick but I doubt Ainge would get anything with the potential to become a high lottery pick in the near future.  No team is going to part ways with a pick that could land near the top of the first round.  I could envision something similar to the protections that were placed on the Clippers and Memphis picks.

« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2018, 08:22:56 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
One trade target that interests me is Tyus Jones on the Timberwolves. He was actually decent for them last year, but Thibs barely plays him, prefering to play his windmill of mediocrity in Jeff Teague and Derrick Rose. I see could see him as a Shane Larkin 2.0.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2018, 10:01:38 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
we don't necessarily only have to trade for players on the rookie scale deals.  If at possible a solid contract for a bench player is available, for example between 9-13M annually, that would be ideal for replacing Rozier because that is what it costs to have solid bench to 5th starter production.  Can anyone think of anyone?

« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2018, 10:26:52 PM »

Offline 10610786d

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 27
I feel like Rozier's fate will be like Olynyk's. He's worth more to us than anything we can get back, so might as well let him expire...

Maybe the Heat will sign him too...

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2018, 10:18:09 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
we don't necessarily only have to trade for players on the rookie scale deals.  If at possible a solid contract for a bench player is available, for example between 9-13M annually, that would be ideal for replacing Rozier because that is what it costs to have solid bench to 5th starter production.  Can anyone think of anyone?

That's TJ Warren.

Smart, Warren, Baynes is a GREAT bench. Still have Theis and Ojeleye for situational. Brown and Hayward would have to play more SG.

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2018, 10:52:58 AM »

Offline libermaniac

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 375

That's TJ Warren.

Smart, Warren, Baynes is a GREAT bench. Still have Theis and Ojeleye for situational. Brown and Hayward would have to play more SG.

Warren makes $ 11.75 million, Rozier just over $3 million.  I don't know the exact numbers, but we'd have to throw in salary of somewhere near at least $7 million to make that work.  Not seeing anyone on our roster where that makes any sense.  Maybe someone more creative than me can come up with something, because talent-wise that makes tons of sense.

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2018, 12:14:14 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
the problem is matching salary.  This isn't MLB where you don't have to match salary.  In order to acquire someone like that Morris would have to be traded with Rozier and that seems very pricey unless the player coming back is a significant upgrade on both of them and then why would any team do that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2018, 05:11:22 PM »

Offline GRADYCOLNON

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
the problem is matching salary.  This isn't MLB where you don't have to match salary.  In order to acquire someone like that Morris would have to be traded with Rozier and that seems very pricey unless the player coming back is a significant upgrade on both of them and then why would any team do that.

That is the cost of trying to trade Rozier for value.  Rookie scale deals available are either rotten or have ended.  Teams don't trade rookie scale deals where they can get excellent value because they are so cheap, so they essentially wait until their deals go belly up or are successful beyond their next contract.

I've advocated for re-signing Rozier and then moving him after the first season merely because the Celtics can more adequately reap the rewards of his value now that his contract isn't a limiting factor. Sending Morris just happens to be the price required to get more value out of Rozier right now.

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I might do something like Morris and Rozier for Giles and Mason.  C's get cheaper longer term bench players (and take a chance that Giles can stay healthy) and drop enough salary to get out of the luxury tax.  Kings get a wing in Morris they could use and a 6th man guard, which they could also use. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2018, 08:58:09 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I might do something like Morris and Rozier for Giles and Mason.  C's get cheaper longer term bench players (and take a chance that Giles can stay healthy) and drop enough salary to get out of the luxury tax.  Kings get a wing in Morris they could use and a 6th man guard, which they could also use.
This cripples our bench for this season though. Our second most reliable player this season, and a guy who, despite his weak showing this season, has the ability to light up a game, for basically a risk that Giles turns into something? No thanks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2018, 10:03:10 AM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

That's TJ Warren.

Warren makes $ 11.75 million, Rozier just over $3 million.  I don't know the exact numbers, but we'd have to throw in salary of somewhere near at least $7 million to make that work.  Not seeing anyone on our roster where that makes any sense.  Maybe someone more creative than me can come up with something, because talent-wise that makes tons of sense.

The problem with many trades because of the salary matching it hurts the on court production for this year.  From a value standpoint something like Rozier, Morris, salary filler if needed for Warren and a protected Suns pick would make some sense, but we are trying to win this year.