Author Topic: TRADE IDEAS  (Read 15447 times)

Re: TRADE IDEAS
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2020, 10:53:13 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Hayward our three firsts this year Langford and Edward to Indy.

Oladipo and Turner to Boston.

I've seen versions of that suggested. As a Celtics fan, I love it. Not so sure about the Pacers fans...

Mike

« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2020, 11:09:15 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386

I've seen versions of that suggested. As a Celtics fan, I love it. Not so sure about the Pacers fans...

Mike

If I were an Indiana fan I'd love that.  They have no firsts, then end up with a late lottery pick and two other firsts plus two Indiana gems.

I could only stomach this one if Oladipo was at full, pre-injury strength. Even then I'd want to keep pick 26 at least.  Pick 14 may be a really good player. 

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2020, 11:14:43 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

Mike

If I were an Indiana fan I'd love that.  They have no firsts, then end up with a late lottery pick and two other firsts plus two Indiana gems.

I could only stomach this one if Oladipo was at full, pre-injury strength. Even then I'd want to keep pick 26 at least.  Pick 14 may be a really good player.

As a team fit, that'd be awesome. But next off-season, the Cs would not be able to resign both Tatum and Oladipo without running against the hard cap. This would mean the Cs would need to move on from one of Brown, Smart, Turner, or Walker without taking much (any?) salary back. They would still probably be into the luxury tax even after a trade like this though.

The truth is that we can't trade Hayward's expiring for big long-term contract obligations unless we plan to trade one of those guys.

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2020, 11:19:00 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
Given what we've actually seen from oladipo since his return form injury I really don't think he's a good option. he seems like a guy who would come back next year, be inneficcient taking shots from guys you'd rather see take them. Then he either has to be resigned for too much or we let him walk. HARD PASS.

« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2020, 11:41:58 AM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15
I was 1 of the 1st people to suggest a turner to Celtics trade last offseason and everyone flamed me for it is the funny thing. But there is no reason to want Turner or Olindipo as they don’t resolve any of our problems enough.

Im 100% positive anyone wanting Turner hasn’t watched him play. He’s really just not “it”.

« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2020, 01:51:43 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
I was 1 of the 1st people to suggest a turner to Celtics trade last offseason and everyone flamed me for it is the funny thing. But there is no reason to want Turner or Olindipo as they don’t resolve any of our problems enough.

Im 100% positive anyone wanting Turner hasn’t watched him play. He’s really just not “it”.
I agree.

It’s possible turners issues come from being a bad fit or maybe McMillan was a bad coach for him, but he hasn’t improved in like 3 years. He’s a poor rebounder and a bad post defender.

He’s not a horrible player by any means, but he’s not as good as a guy with his shot blocking ability, size and stroke should be.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2020, 02:49:52 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

I agree.

It’s possible turners issues come from being a bad fit or maybe McMillan was a bad coach for him, but he hasn’t improved in like 3 years. He’s a poor rebounder and a bad post defender.

He’s not a horrible player by any means, but he’s not as good as a guy with his shot blocking ability, size and stroke should be.

I lost interest in him during the FIBA tournament.  He just doesn't seem to have good BBIQ, and he has no inside game to speak of.  We got a glimpse of how he would fit in with the Celtics, since he played with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Walker on that team.  Not impressed. I think that Olidipo is by far the more intiguing player.

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2020, 05:18:50 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

I agree.

I lost interest in him during the FIBA tournament.  He just doesn't seem to have good BBIQ, and he has no inside game to speak of.  We got a glimpse of how he would fit in with the Celtics, since he played with Tatum, Brown, Kemba and Walker on that team.  Not impressed. I think that Olidipo is by far the more intiguing player.

Yup that was it! The USA game told me a ton! It also showed me that the core Celtics players wouldn’t be enough anyway. USA was getting whooped and had 5 Celtics in it.

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2020, 06:42:45 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468

I agree.

Yup that was it! The USA game told me a ton! It also showed me that the core Celtics players wouldn’t be enough anyway. USA was getting whooped and had 5 Celtics in it.
Using Olympics basketball as a way to predict what's gonna happen in the NBA seems pretty foolish to me. It's a completely different thing in my mind.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2020, 07:23:04 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
More realistic, but not necessarily ones I'd do:

https://tradenba.com/trades/WAT9mRvSQ

Boston sends: Hayward, Kanter, #26

Orlando sends: Vucevic + Ross

This is an interesting one. I have little interest in Ross but I presume he is necessary as a cap makeweight. So Hayward for Vucevic. Gives Boston one of the top offensive centers in the league. Low post arsenal + midrange scoring + perimeter scoring + high post passing + interior passing. One of the most versatile and skillful centers in the league today.

Vucevic would certainly help Boston to stop being so reliant on perimeter play for offense. Give them some more balance to their offensive attack. And also re-create the high post big man passing that Boston has lost with the departure of Al Horford.

I don't know. I love Hayward. Then again, Hayward's health is an ongoing issue. They are fairly similar talent wise. Both just a tad outside All-Star level. I love that Hayward gives us 3 offensively talented forwards that nobody can hide a bad defender on. I hate to give that up.

G: Kemba
G: Smart
F: Jaylen
F: Tatum
C: Vucevic

Very tempting. A different sort of team. Smart gets to play more minutes as a starter than a 6th man which is great because he's awesome. Lose that forward matchup nightmare. Hard to decide.
Yeah, I don't even know if I'd do this deal. I'm a huge Hayward fan, but I'm also a huge Vucevic fan! I think Vuce would really amp up our interior offence with his ability to pass and score in the post, but I really cherish what Hayward can do for us. Terrence Ross was really a throw in cap-wise to accommodate Hayward's big contract, but it could be filled with other pieces I'm sure. This is the one I'm least sure about. I would love to see a big-man who genuinely needs to be defended inside and outside on this team alongside Tatum and Brown.

Boston sends: Kemba Walker

Dallas sends: Seth Curry, Tim Hardaway Jr., Justin Jackson, #18

I don't understand the reasoning to this one. Do we think Tim Hardaway Jr and Seth Curry can provide this team more than Kemba Walker?

I rate Seth Curry as a medium level bench piece and I do not rate Tim Hardaway Jr as much more than that either. Hardaway has shown himself to be quite destructive to team's offenses with his black-hole mentality when not coupled with a ball-dominant (helio-centric) type facilitator (to control his negative decision making and limit his downsides - and limit him to a smaller role offensively in which he can succeed) which Boston does not have.

What is the possible upside to this deal?
If I'm fully honest, this was just an invention of my complete overreaction to our lack of bench shooting in the playoffs. I think I'm higher on Hardaway now that he shoots more 3s than 2s, but I agree - upon reflection, it really is a bad proposal ;D

Less realistic:

https://tradenba.com/trades/_Uk1QqChj

Boston sends: Kemba, Langford, Rob Williams, Carsen Edwards, #30

Pelicans send: Holiday, Redick

I love this idea! Jrue Holiday would be a fantastic target for this team. You lose some offensively but you gain defensive versatility. The idea of Jrue and Smart in the same backcourt - oh baby!

I love the idea of a Kemba for Jrue based trade.

I do not see that as unrealistic. Kemba I would expect would be generally considered the superior player. The addition of Redick to the deal for youth is perhaps unrealisitic -- but I'd be interested in this deal without Redick and the youth. A Kemba for Jrue swap.

Thanks for all the ideas!
All were fun to think about.
This is the one I'd be most keen for too. Jrue is obviously the lesser shot maker and creator, but I don't think we need that on our team. Having the best defensive back-court in the NBA with Holiday-Smart would be super awesome. Could move Hayward to the 6th man spot too if need be. I'm unsure if the Pels are too keen on keeping Redick because of how he fits age-wise with their core of Zion, Ingram and Ball, but who knows. They might think they're close to contention
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2020, 03:39:38 PM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
Bos: Joel Embiid
Phi: Jaylen Brown & Marcus Smart

I’m not sure Philly would trade a big for two guards. And I’m not sure what the plan is in Philly, now that Doc has come along. I just know what they had last season did not work. Also Al Horford’s contract may be untradeable, so they may be stuck with him now.

I like Brown and Smart, but something has to change in Boston too. Danny can’t make the change needed, without having to give up some of his prized assets. I assume draft picks may also be included, but the players above are the principles in the trade.

Phil: Smart, Brown, Harris, Simmons, Horford
Bos: Walker, Hayward, Tatum, Embiid (Langford or Williams filling out the last starting positon)

« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2020, 04:44:50 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150

I’m not sure Philly would trade a big for two guards. And I’m not sure what the plan is in Philly, now that Doc has come along. I just know what they had last season did not work. Also Al Horford’s contract may be untradeable, so they may be stuck with him now.

I like Brown and Smart, but something has to change in Boston too. Danny can’t make the change needed, without having to give up some of his prized assets. I assume draft picks may also be included, but the players above are the principles in the trade.

Bos: Walker, Hayward, Tatum, Embiid (Langford or Williams filling out the last starting positon)

I wouldn't trade two starters that are in top shape for an out of shape center.

« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2020, 07:17:07 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

I would not do this. Philly would give us some serious trouble if they had this team. 3 elite defenders to cover for Harris is the last thing we should give them

« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2020, 09:22:14 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533

Mike
Honestly curious: why are so many people so high on Oladipo? He’s had one great year and been dealing with some serious injuries the last two seasons. If they do trade Hayward to Indy, I’d rather they try and pry Brogdon somehow tbh.

« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2020, 09:54:03 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

Mike
Honestly curious: why are so many people so high on Oladipo? He’s had one great year and been dealing with some serious injuries the last two seasons. If they do trade Hayward to Indy, I’d rather they try and pry Brogdon somehow tbh.
Yeah, I don't get the love for Dipo. He hasn't shown that he'll return to that All-Star form