Author Topic: TRADE IDEAS  (Read 15552 times)

TRADE IDEAS
« on: September 29, 2020, 03:00:42 PM »

Offline SmartBear

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
Trade idea kinda unrealistic:
Gsw: get Hayward and Oladipo
Indi: Wiggings, kanter and 14 pick
Bos:myles turner, Eric Pascal and 2pick

Re: TRADE IDEAS
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 03:09:01 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Gotta make sure you are considering every team when you make these proposals
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 03:50:09 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 15

Nets: Kemba, Thesis, 14th and Milwaukee Pick
Bos: Joe Harris, Dinwiddie, J, Allen

Kemba goes home AND plays for a contender.

Celtics get a shooter, center, and another PG

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 04:19:45 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

again, have to think of Both teams.

Brooklyn, with Kyrie Irving on the roster, will not be trading for an undersized score first point guard.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2020, 04:36:27 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

Brooklyn, with Kyrie Irving on the roster, will not be trading for an undersized score first point guard.
Isn’t the name of the game to put the ball in the bucket? Aren’t teams starting to go small? You must not like Dame - McCollum at all then.

I’m a FIRM believer if Kyrie went to Houston instead of Westbrook that lakers series would look a whole lot different. That Kemba, Durant, Kyrie fire power would be crazy.

Plus they are getting Theis and a lottery pick.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 04:42:19 PM by mrceltics2013 »

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2020, 04:49:00 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
Should we just rename the thread, "Trade ideas...that stink for the Celtics?"

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2020, 04:55:18 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

How does mine stink for the Celtics? Let’s talk about it.

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2020, 04:58:15 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
I think was the best trade idea for Hayward that I saw in that group of trades:

"Hayward and the Bucks pick this year for Myles Turner, T.J. Warren, and Doug McDermott."

This gives the Celtics a bench and 3 shooters. Giving up Hayward is a lot but he's expiring now and if he wants to go home picking up Myles Turner, T.J. Warren, and Doug McDermott  would be a decent haul.

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/09/07/boston-celtics-4-trades-east/3/

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2020, 05:02:18 PM »

Offline stes

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 14
DAL in: Kemba
DAL out: Hardaway, 2020 1st
IND in: Hardaway, 3 Bos 2020 1st
BOS in: Turner, Oladipo, Dal 2020 1st
BOS out: Kemba, 3 2020 1st
Dallas was reportedly interested in Kemba a year ago. One could wonder, if Kemba isn’t worth more, so maybe you could get additional future pick for Indiana. I don’t know how much more should Indiana get? If any of those teams wanted Semi or Carsen or Vincent then even better for us. I’d love for us to end up with Mavs pick to select some young talent (I like Kira and Terry), but maybe it would have to go to Pacers, because they give up two starters in this scenario?
I don’t think they necessarily have a use for Hardaway, but maybe they could flip him with picks to Magic for A.Gordon, whom they supposedly like (he would compliment Sabonis nicely).
I know Turner isn’t a world-beater, but I don’t, but even if he’s More or less Theis, he’s still a bit longer. Kemba is great, but he gets killed on those switches, so if Oladipo can recover he could be a nice replacement (an upgrade in my mind).
I think this could work for every team, but I’d like to hear your opinions - I don’t have anyone here in Poland to talk Celtics basketball and I feel like I need to vent after how this season ended. As others have said - great season, just a heartbreaking ending. But the future is bright anyway. Cheers!

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2020, 05:03:40 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

You're right - it's not, like, horrible, but Harris is going to get overpaid and Allen's contract is up after next year. Kemba is a legit all-star - he may not have played up to our expectations in these playoffs, but that doesn't take away from what he accomplished in his first year with the Cs. Dinwiddie is interesting, but it just feels like one of those trading a dollar for quarters and dimes kind of deals.

I should note that I am pretty much against trading Kemba this offseason. It would have to be like Simmons or KAT coming back for me to be okay with trading him just one year into his contract after he chose us.

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2020, 05:05:49 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford
I think was the best trade idea for Hayward that I saw in that group of trades:

"Hayward and the Bucks pick this year for Myles Turner, T.J. Warren, and Doug McDermott."

This gives the Celtics a bench and 3 shooters. Giving up Hayward is a lot but he's expiring now and if he wants to go home picking up Myles Turner, T.J. Warren, and Doug McDermott  would be a decent haul.

https://hardwoodhoudini.com/2020/09/07/boston-celtics-4-trades-east/3/

The wholes I see in this trade are:

Turner... he’s not that good of a player and I absolutely don’t see him being an upgrade at all from what we already have. He’s not that great of a shooter and he DONT GET REBOUNDS.

Warren.... he gives me Morris vibes. This is a good player who doesn’t know his role and will try and dominate the game. I see his career literally being just like Marcus Morris.

MCbuckets.....that’s my guy, so no real gripes about him other then we have to lug around the other 2 guys in this trade who don’t fit.

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2020, 05:07:52 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

You're right - it's not, like, horrible, but Harris is going to get overpaid and Allen's contract is up after next year. Kemba is a legit all-star - he may not have played up to our expectations in these playoffs, but that doesn't take away from what he accomplished in his first year with the Cs. Dinwiddie is interesting, but it just feels like one of those trading a dollar for quarters and dimes kind of deals.

I should note that I am pretty much against trading Kemba this offseason. It would have to be like Simmons or KAT coming back for me to be okay with trading him just one year into his contract after he chose us.

A dime for quarters you say? I agree because the Celtics need a PG who can drop DIMES not only play for a quarter of a season and that’s the problem! Have you took a look at dinwiddie stars compared to Kemba? Not to mention dinwiddie plays D and is younger....
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 05:34:21 PM by mrceltics2013 »

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2020, 05:58:00 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

Isn’t the name of the game to put the ball in the bucket? Aren’t teams starting to go small? You must not like Dame - McCollum at all then.

I’m a FIRM believer if Kyrie went to Houston instead of Westbrook that lakers series would look a whole lot different. That Kemba, Durant, Kyrie fire power would be crazy.

What have Dame and McCollum accomplished in Portland?  Some people on here thought they'd cause the Lakers problems.  Not so much.  They couldn't get past the Pels a couple years ago in the 1st round.  Kyrie and Kemba would be a terrible pairing defensively and bad pairing offensively.  You can bet Kyrie wouldn't want Kemba.  Their 3rd star needs to be like Bosh was for Lebron and Wade.   

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2020, 06:03:25 PM »

Offline apc

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 437
Trade any of our picks ( or multiple)for a 3 and D vet.
Same for Tremont, Langford , Edwards or Green.
Thats all I got.
Kemba is not going anywhere, probably not GH

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2020, 06:03:59 PM »

Offline mrceltics2013

• Al Horford

What have Dame and McCollum accomplished in Portland?  Some people on here thought they'd cause the Lakers problems.  Not so much.  They couldn't get past the Pels a couple years ago in the 1st round.  Kyrie and Kemba would be a terrible pairing defensively and bad pairing offensively.  You can bet Kyrie wouldn't want Kemba.  Their 3rd star needs to be like Bosh was for Lebron and Wade.

Dame and Mccloum have accomplished the playoffs many times in the tough wild Wild West with just them 2 and they don’t have DURANT. If you put Durant instead of Carmelo do you think they would be competitors?