Author Topic: Underrated Celtics in 2k11?  (Read 9277 times)

Underrated Celtics in 2k11?
« on: June 21, 2011, 09:16:34 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Pierce cannot drive as well as he could in real life.

Jeff Green is so much slower in the game.

Re: Underrated Celtics in 2k11?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2011, 10:53:01 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Von Wafer is pretty filthy in 2k11

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2011, 11:38:37 AM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73
Jermaine O'Neal is good.  Got a nice little mid-range stroke.  He's sorta like a diet-KG
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2011, 11:50:09 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
idk, im on "my player mode" and my celtics is on fire...

Ray is Ray, knocking down 3s...
KG still has his def and post moves
Pierce drives really well for me though

though my team has no jeff green...Perk is still here and i made him a beast with my ast =)

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 11:57:10 AM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

I suck w/ Pierce behind the line. Just can't get that 3 point stroke down.

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2011, 12:06:19 PM »

Offline shiggins

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 147
Celts were much better when they still hate Nate and didnt know that Shaq sucked. 

Overall tho, the Celts are one of the strongest teams.  Jeff Green is really good.  He dunks on everyone.  Just post Paul and his midrange is dirty.  Rondo can dunk and make the eurostep layups.  KG makes everything around the hoop.  Delonte is pretty good as well.  Baby is completely useless however...

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »

Offline shookones99

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 73

I suck w/ Pierce behind the line. Just can't get that 3 point stroke down.
Oh dude, I love his 3 point stroke.  He might be one of the only players who has such a different shot from 3 than from mid-range.  But once you get it down it's money. 
When I'm in the gym...I like to grunt when  I get my swell on... That way everyone can see how jacked and tan I am.

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 12:31:31 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Celts were much better when they still hate Nate and didnt know that Shaq sucked. 

Overall tho, the Celts are one of the strongest teams.  Jeff Green is really good.  He dunks on everyone.  Just post Paul and his midrange is dirty.  Rondo can dunk and make the eurostep layups.  KG makes everything around the hoop.  Delonte is pretty good as well.  Baby is completely useless however...
I love starting Nate on the Thunder.  James Harden always sucks for me.

Overall I think 2k11 is incredibly inconsistent and seems to favor the losing team to keep the games close.  I'm happy I don't own it.  Give me 2k9 anyday, you can actually make real NBA passes in that game.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 01:16:45 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

I love starting Nate on the Thunder.  James Harden always sucks for me.

Overall I think 2k11 is incredibly inconsistent and seems to favor the losing team to keep the games close.  I'm happy I don't own it.  Give me 2k9 anyday, you can actually make real NBA passes in that game.

I have always loved the 2k series, however I have never been able to make a wide open layup in ANY year. If the dude can't dunk, he's not going to make the layup, its so frustrating.

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2011, 01:38:39 PM »

Offline zerophase

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 334
  • Anything's Possible

Overall tho, the Celts are one of the strongest teams.  Jeff Green is really good.  He dunks on everyone.  Just post Paul and his midrange is dirty.  Rondo can dunk and make the eurostep layups.  KG makes everything around the hoop.  Delonte is pretty good as well.  Baby is completely useless however...
I love starting Nate on the Thunder.  James Harden always sucks for me.

Overall I think 2k11 is incredibly inconsistent and seems to favor the losing team to keep the games close.  I'm happy I don't own it.  Give me 2k9 anyday, you can actually make real NBA passes in that game.

I have always loved the 2k series, however I have never been able to make a wide open layup in ANY year. If the dude can't dunk, he's not going to make the layup, its so frustrating.

What? I play 2k religiously and have never ever had that problem.

For the other posters, I love Pierce's 3 point shot. Goes down every time. And Ray is an absolute monster. I once hit like 12 3pointers with him. The Celtics team is a bit underrated but the players are doing pretty good.

If it is truly frustrating to you, you can change player attributes or customize gameplay in the settings menu so I don't know what you people are complaining about haha

Become Legendary.

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2011, 01:43:21 PM »

Offline bello_man09

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 244
  • "Celtic for life" REBUILD OR TANK
the release on paul's shot is so hard to get...i have probably got about 1-9 from 3..for 3's from i play with boston...Ray is my fav player and Kg nice in the post......Jeff green is not bad..but they have him to slow...rondo is pretty much on point....

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2011, 03:20:08 PM »

Offline LakersFan_33

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 79
Rondo is probably underrated in 2k11...

I think Kobe's jump shot is slightly underrated in 2k11, as well. He is usually money from the mid-range.

Ron Artest and Steve Blake's ability to make three's in both 2k10 and 2k11 is horribly overrated. If they could make three's like that, the Lakers would beat the Bulls regular season record and win the championship last year.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2011, 03:34:03 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
In terms of actual player rating, I didn't see any that looked very underrated.  If anything, I'd say Rondo is highly overrated with a rating in the high 80's, but he plays about right, although I think it's a little bit too easy to score with Rondo.

Ray's shot is incredibly easy as long as you're used to it; KG's shot takes longer than it should but it's pretty good too, and KG is way better in the post in 2k11 than he is in real life.  Jermaine is incredibly overrated in 2k as well. 
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2011, 03:47:30 PM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
anyone play it on 360? I am alwyas looking for Leagues and what not. Let me know Ucanes32

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

Offline Marcus13

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 119
anyone play it on 360? I am alwyas looking for Leagues and what not. Let me know Ucanes32

Imma add you - Im BlowinKill