Author Topic: 1990-1991 NBA Season Rosters (360)  (Read 3921 times)

1990-1991 NBA Season Rosters (360)
« on: February 02, 2011, 02:58:10 AM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
I thought I would share this information here...  I have created the entire 1990-1991 season roster.  All Celtics fans will LOVE this roster as it was Dee Brown's rookie year, Chris Ford's first season as coach in which he infused the aging "Big 3" with the youthful Shaw, Lewis, Gamble and Brown.  Here is the information you'll need.  Hope you enjoy it.  (Also, the gamertag "portlandblazer" for the 360 has the 1989-1990 rosters complete, as well as the 1999-2000 season as well - if you're a fan of classic rosters you need to grab those.  I believe he is currently working on the entire 1984-1985 season, Jordan's rookie year...though a tough one for Celtics fans.)

Thread Link: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-rosters/466121-1990-1991-season-rosters-360-a.html

File is uploaded at 2K Share... 1990-1991 Season

Here is information you'll want to read:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_1991.html

1990-1991 NBA Season – 2-1-11 Update

File includes EVERY key player that played during this season.

A total of 387 players were on the 27 teams during the 90-91 season – 358 of them are in this file!! (The 29 not included were on 10 day contracts or were waived without playing significant games or minutes).

A total of 73 players made their “rookie” debut during this season … all but 6 of those players are included.

Includes 32 key Free Agents that played during the 89-90 season (all with overall ratings between 54 and 64).

Playoff Matchups: EAST: 1 Chicago vs. 8 New York … 2 Boston vs. 7 Indiana … 3 Detroit vs. 6 Atlanta … 4 Milwaukee vs. 5 Philadelphia --- WEST: 1 Portland vs. 8 Seattle … 2 San Antonio vs. 7 Golden State … 3 LA Lakers vs. 6 Houston … 4 Phoenix vs. 5 Utah.

The East and West All-Star teams are added (created teams) – both have exact depth charts and minutes played that reflect the actual game.

Created Teams used (in place of their real teams): Utah Jazz, San Antonio Spurs, Houston Rockets, Washington Bullets, Seattle Supersonics & Phoenix Suns (my apologies for the “Frankenstein faces” – it has to do with downloaded player DNA via 2K Share that caused this).

The Bobcats, Grizzlies, Jazz, Raptors, Rockets, Spurs, Suns, Thunder and Wizards are NOT to be used…all of them have overall ratings of 25 for each player and rotation minutes zeroed out.

Tons of ratings edits done to reflect the actual season outcome, as well as fixing numerous CAPs appearances to better show the appearances of a number of players.

All credit goes to PORTLANDBLAZER (of operationsports.com) for the base file (created off his 1989-1990 season roster).

I can only post this in a .ROS format to be downloaded and put onto your 360’s hard drive using the Xport Transfer Cable. My apologies, but the reason for this is that I have maxed out the allowable text size to upload a file and have gone beyond the capabilities. I have overwritten a number of CAPs which created this problem (there is no bad language in the file, but it freezes / locks up during the upload phase each time – even using a number of different saved files).

There is a file uploaded at 2K Share…it is a very solid file, but does not include all the latest updates that I’ve done over the last week or so. It is very good, but not as good as the .ROS file.

Lastly, I strongly recommend grabbing some of the music files and adding them in game (there is a great thread here which provides the CBS, TNT, NBC, Fox Sports, and ESPN files, as well as organ music and songs from this era that greatly enhances the gaming experience. I love playing the NBC theme at halftime and also using the TNT theme song when the player of the game is given).

I have put HOURS and HOURS into this file…I hope you enjoy it!

Link (2-1-11)
: http://www.mediafire.com/?hqmbfbrik77n82y
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Re: 1990-1991 NBA Season Rosters (360)
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 04:36:36 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
Good to have you back, Andy.

Re: 1990-1991 NBA Season Rosters (360)
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 03:43:33 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
Good to have you back, Andy.

It's Feb. 2nd.  I saw my shadow here, so it's 6 more weeks of hiding... :)

I lurk here...but like some things in life, you need to tone down your involvement.  I just need to stay away from the political/religious section (LOL!).
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."