Author Topic: Darksiders  (Read 2773 times)

Darksiders
« on: February 08, 2010, 07:33:23 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 591
Almost done with Darksiders and I have to say that its a solid game. The reviews have said it takes the best parts from a other games (Zeld, DMC) and melts them into one good game are right. It's not perfect, but it is fun and the story will keep you playing it.

Has anyone else played this yet? Thoughts?
Still don't believe in Joe.

Re: Darksiders
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 07:50:06 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Two short, I think I beat it and collected everything in about 16 hours. Not long enough for that sort of game.

Another two dungeons would have made me like it a lot more. An enjoyable game but the length bothered me a bit. I started to really get into in and suddendly I was at the end!

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 08:01:26 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
I've rented it over the last two weeks so it seems like it's longer to me. But you're right, 16 hours isn't long enough. Thats the bad thing about games in general now, unless if its a mass effect type, they don't take too much time to beat. But this game was a nice surprise for me because I didn't think it would as fun for me as it is.

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2010, 11:14:27 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Playing through this now, it's a lot of fun, I haven't played a Zeldaesque in a long time (had Nintendos forever, just switched to XBox this generation). 

It's a shame if it's short, but hey, Arkham Asylum's my favorite game of the past year and it has basically zero replayability.  Just glad I'm not in high school anymore and I can afford a couple new games a month.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2010, 11:38:35 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I liked it, thought it was a good GOW light to keep me occupied until march, with a little link thrown in.

But honestly, how on earth did that visual tear make it though quality control? thing drove me nuts the entire time.

Overall, good hack and slash, i give it an 8/10 or so.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:28 PM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
Decent game ... but no online play at all which makes it vastly over priced.

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 12:27:30 PM »

Offline bdm860

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 4593
I guess this a video game thread  ???

I thought this was going to be a thread about Dark Lord's followers or something.

After 18 months with their Bigs, the Littles were: 46% less likely to use illegal drugs, 27% less likely to use alcohol, 52% less likely to skip school, 37% less likely to skip a class

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:54:04 PM »

Offline angryguy77

• Tiny Archibald
I liked it, thought it was a good GOW light to keep me occupied until march, with a little link thrown in.

But honestly, how on earth did that visual tear make it though quality control? thing drove me nuts the entire time.

Overall, good hack and slash, i give it an 8/10 or so.

No idea, but for some reason it didn't pop up that much when I played it. But their is a patch to fix the problem for it. Doesn't help you now though.