Author Topic: Celtics Regular Season News  (Read 95776 times)

Re: Celtics Regular Season News
« Reply #45 on: November 01, 2023, 07:52:53 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Boston Celtics: We have assigned Jordan Walsh to the Maine Celtics.  – via Twitter celtics

If I lived closer to Portland, I would definitely go to their games to see Walsh and Queta.
Makes sense, he couldn't even get into a blowout game, plus he has that deer-in-the-headlights look to him. Get some reps, young dude.

From what I can tell, he has that look all the time. Kinda freaky, actually, LOL.
He’s young and kind of wide-eyed at this point. He’s got the frame to put on a few pounds of muscle too.

I think the lack of eyebrows plays a role too
I'm bitter.

« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2023, 12:17:35 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Boston Celtics: We have assigned Jordan Walsh to the Maine Celtics.  – via Twitter celtics

If I lived closer to Portland, I would definitely go to their games to see Walsh and Queta.
Makes sense, he couldn't even get into a blowout game, plus he has that deer-in-the-headlights look to him. Get some reps, young dude.

From what I can tell, he has that look all the time. Kinda freaky, actually, LOL.
He’s young and kind of wide-eyed at this point. He’s got the frame to put on a few pounds of muscle too.

I think the lack of eyebrows plays a role too

Ohhh, I didn't realize he has no eyebrows! That would for sure make a difference.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2023, 02:38:49 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
The Celtics rank in total minutes played through 4 games:

1.   Tatum        134
2.   Brown        129
3.   Holiday      123
4.   Porzingis    119
5.   White        119

6.   Horford       77
7.   Pritchard     75
8.   Hauser        69
9.   Brissett       44

10.  Kornet        25
11.  Banton       18
12.  Mykhailiuk  16
13.  Stevens      12

Good that Horford is no racking up major minutes.  I would like to see Brissett get more.  He is kind of on the fringe of the 6-9 tier.  The rest don't matter so much.  Kornet will continue to get some minutes.  I would rather see Mykhailiuk or Stevens over Banton.

« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2023, 03:08:43 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486

1.   Tatum        134
2.   Brown        129
3.   Holiday      123
4.   Porzingis    119
5.   White        119

6.   Horford       77
7.   Pritchard     75
8.   Hauser        69
9.   Brissett       44

10.  Kornet        25
11.  Banton       18
12.  Mykhailiuk  16
13.  Stevens      12

Good that Horford is no racking up major minutes.  I would like to see Brissett get more.  He is kind of on the fringe of the 6-9 tier.  The rest don't matter so much.  Kornet will continue to get some minutes.  I would rather see Mykhailiuk or Stevens over Banton.
I have 0 confidence in Brissetts skill. He deserves minutes for his activity/hustle/heart. Will that change in the playoffs? Maybe.
With all of the other skilled players we have, throwing Brissett in to cause chaos or try hard is a godsend.
#JKJB

« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2023, 03:16:52 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526

1.   Tatum        134
2.   Brown        129
3.   Holiday      123
4.   Porzingis    119
5.   White        119

6.   Horford       77
7.   Pritchard     75
8.   Hauser        69
9.   Brissett       44

10.  Kornet        25
11.  Banton       18
12.  Mykhailiuk  16
13.  Stevens      12

I’ve yet to see Svi or Stevens look bad. I like sticking with PP and Sam at 7 and 8 for now. Injuries and rest days will help some of this play out. 

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2023, 04:24:47 PM »

Offline michigan adam

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
These blowouts have cut Al's minutes quite a bit as he is treated like a starter and not playing in the blow outs.  Like said above, that is probably a blessing as long as he is fine with the heavily reduced minutes compared to the starters.  Might make him less wore out for the back to backs. 

« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2023, 04:51:57 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
These blowouts have cut Al's minutes quite a bit as he is treated like a starter and not playing in the blow outs.  Like said above, that is probably a blessing as long as he is fine with the heavily reduced minutes compared to the starters.  Might make him less wore out for the back to backs.

We'll get him that ring this year. Just let the man rest. He's the secret weapon off the bench.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2023, 05:04:16 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870

He accepted a highly reduced contract (about $10M) so he probably understood his role may diminish also.  Al has not been all that great so far.  It is good to let him ease into the season so long as we keep winning.

I like Al off the bench.  He has the versatility to play both C and PF, a real advantage for a bench guy.  I am pretty confident he can provide quality minutes in big games when the time comes.

« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2023, 07:05:54 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551
Kristaps Porzingis today at practice: “It might look like it’s already really good because we’re just beating these teams easy, but it’s gonna get much, much better.”

Yowza!!  Things could get really ugly for the competition.   

« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2023, 07:33:03 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Kristaps Porzingis today at practice: “It might look like it’s already really good because we’re just beating these teams easy, but it’s gonna get much, much better.”

I hope they don't get too ugly. I always go back to the 2007 Patriots, who thrashed a lot of teams on their way to a perfect regular season ... and then lost the Super Bowl. I'd rather get some losses (and resulting growth) out of the way before the playoffs roll around.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2023, 07:38:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704

200 point game, here we come!

« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2023, 07:44:59 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 551

200 point game, here we come!
74 came to my mind.  Largest margin of victory in an NBA game is 73.  73 is also most wins in a season. 

« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2023, 08:26:45 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999

I hope they don't get too ugly. I always go back to the 2007 Patriots, who thrashed a lot of teams on their way to a perfect regular season ... and then lost the Super Bowl. I'd rather get some losses (and resulting growth) out of the way before the playoffs roll around.

Yup. The Miami Heat are like the New York Giants of football. Their kryptonite. I'll be content with 60-70 win column. Take some L's here and there to get them together. I just want them to sweep the Lakers this season.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2023, 09:39:01 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

Yup. The Miami Heat are like the New York Giants of football. Their kryptonite. I'll be content with 60-70 win column. Take some L's here and there to get them together. I just want them to sweep the Lakers this season.

I get this logic to some extent, but the fact that the NBA isn’t single-game elimination in the playoffs makes this situation very different. The 2007 Pats don’t lose to the Giants if it’s a best of 7 series.

« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2023, 09:42:37 PM »

• Satch Sanders

I get this logic to some extent, but the fact that the NBA isn’t single-game elimination in the playoffs makes this situation very different. The 2007 Pats don’t lose to the Giants if it’s a best of 7 series.

You're probably right, but I think the point still holds true: I don't want the Celtics to be so successful in the regular season that it goes to their heads and they subsequently lose focus in the playoffs.

— C.S. Lewis