Author Topic: howard chatter Picking up  (Read 9221 times)

Re: howard chatter Picking up
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2016, 08:34:49 PM »

Offline TwinTower14

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Since January 1st, which is 15 games he is averaging 16 pts and 13 rebounds a game.  Shooting about 62% from the field....I would think Stevens would bring out the best Dwight has to offer at this point of his career.  I think I just talked myself into it...

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2016, 08:39:28 PM »

Offline i believe in brad

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 30
Hypothetical trade just posted to Yahoo the Vertical from  Bobby Marks - Saying the C's are the best fit because they won't have to break up their core:

Here is a look at a hypothetical trade that could work for both teams:

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko
 2016 Boston first-round pick
 2016 Dallas first-round pick

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

I wanted to draft Harrell so bad.  I still think he could develop into a front-court version of Marcus.  In college he always seemed to make an impact in one way or another regardless of the stats he would put up.

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2016, 08:41:22 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Since January 1st, which is 15 games he is averaging 16 pts and 13 rebounds a game.  Shooting about 62% from the field....I would think Stevens would bring out the best Dwight has to offer at this point of his career.  I think I just talked myself into it...

he put up 36/26 against Deandre Jordan on Jan 18

Those are crazy stats

can you imagine the lobs IT will get him?

I am willing to trade the 17 or 18 brk pick to get him if that's what it takes

He will be ther anchor, while Jae,AB , Smart lock down the perimeter
« Last Edit: February 11, 2016, 08:48:17 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2016, 08:49:09 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Hypothetical trade just posted to Yahoo the Vertical from  Bobby Marks - Saying the C's are the best fit because they won't have to break up their core:

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

Yea I haven't been big on Howard with the health issues but I do that deal. We need to unload those picks anyway and all I care about is the Brooklyn pick.

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2016, 08:54:34 PM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

you absolutely do that deal

It's nice to know that Danny is in a position to trump pretty much anything another team offers, if he wants to.

I haven't been a big Howard guy but if that's all it takes to get him you have to do it IMO.  Adding Howard immediately puts you in the mix for ECF and Cleveland can implode at any time with that group.  I stated it earlier come next Friday I would be surprised if the C's didn't have one of Howard or Horford and I wouldn't be stunned if they got both....

I'm just trying to imagine how good we could be with Howard and Horford, without even giving up the 2016 Nets pick and I can't even believe that it's a possibility
I'm bitter.

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2016, 09:38:25 PM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 915

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

It's nice to know that Danny is in a position to trump pretty much anything another team offers, if he wants to.

I haven't been a big Howard guy but if that's all it takes to get him you have to do it IMO.  Adding Howard immediately puts you in the mix for ECF and Cleveland can implode at any time with that group.  I stated it earlier come next Friday I would be surprised if the C's didn't have one of Howard or Horford and I wouldn't be stunned if they got both....

I'm just trying to imagine how good we could be with Howard and Horford, without even giving up the 2016 Nets pick and I can't even believe that it's a possibility

I'm just trying to figure out how to work that. I'm probably not giving up the Brooklyn picks, so I'm looking at the Memphis pick. I don't think they fall out of the playoffs (protected 1-5, 15-30), so I'm guessing that it conveys next year (protected 1-5), making it likely a 2019 pick (protected 1-8) or 2020 (protected 1-6). Wonder if they would do it for KO, the Memphis pick and someone along the lines of Young or Hunter.

Hmm, let me think about that Brooklyn pick...If we had Howard on the above deal and could get Horford for the 2018 pick, I'll have to admit, I'm tempted. Those picks are like frequent flyer miles: You can hoard them so you never run out, but you risk a situation where there isn't a flight available when you want to use them.

Mike

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2016, 09:40:04 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
I'll only sign this clown if he's willing to stay long-term. His stats are still phenomenal as of late.

And yes, he's still a clown...hope he doesn't get Brad Stevens fired if he does come here.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »

Offline biggs

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 71

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

Why would Houston do this deal? Last week we heard that they wanted a "2008" Dwight Howard return, therefore the asking price was too high for Danny. 

There has to be a better offer than that around the league, even if Houston comes to their senses and lowers their asking price.

I'm for getting Howard at the right price, I just wonder what our cutoff point is in terms of a return for Howard? Also- will we have enough ammo to pursue another trade after we cash in on one (Ala Horford)?

I've heard they want Crowder as the center piece of the deal, and I'm not sure we should give up a locker room lion like him and potentially mess with the team's chemistry.

Speaking of chemistry, Crowder for Howard has potential to hurt us, but the potential of getting Howard motivated by a guy like Crowder could be huge for us.

The trade proposed in the quote is a no brainer imo, the real question is who are you willing to give up in addition to that deal, and like others have mentioned, no way I'm giving up this year's Brooklyn pick in any Howard scenario.

Sullinger
Turner
Bradley

Expendable.

Brooklyn picks? Not so much  ;D
Truuuuuuuuuth!

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 11:01:36 PM »

Offline crimson_stallion

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 875

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

I'm just trying to figure out how to work that. I'm probably not giving up the Brooklyn picks, so I'm looking at the Memphis pick. I don't think they fall out of the playoffs (protected 1-5, 15-30), so I'm guessing that it conveys next year (protected 1-5), making it likely a 2019 pick (protected 1-8) or 2020 (protected 1-6). Wonder if they would do it for KO, the Memphis pick and someone along the lines of Young or Hunter.

Hmm, let me think about that Brooklyn pick...If we had Howard on the above deal and could get Horford for the 2018 pick, I'll have to admit, I'm tempted. Those picks are like frequent flyer miles: You can hoard them so you never run out, but you risk a situation where there isn't a flight available when you want to use them.

Mike

The later Brooklyn picks are much more risky - I'd be very open to giving those up for any player who significantly improves the team.

Think about it - Joe Johnson expires next year, and Deron's contract has already been shipped out.  Thadeous Young is one one of the best contracts in the NBA (IMHO) at around $10M/year.  That leaves Lopez as the only big, unpleasant contract on the team...meaning when the cap goes up after this season they WILL have cap space.

Much as I hate to admit it, having Young and Lopez in your front line is probably a decent lure to free agents as well.  That's a legitimately strong (and still pretty young) core to build around.  Add a good PG in free agency and a couple of solid role players (Afflalo type guys) and that team could VERY quickly turn from the 3rd worst team in the league to a #8 seed.

I think the 2017 pick is probably going to be late in the 10-14 range, with the 2018 pick being around the 15-18 range.

IMHO those picks are both too high a risk to NOT cash them in if you can.  This year the Nets are crippled and can't do anything to improve, which is why that pick is solid and gold and practically untouchable. 

If trading the 2018 pick puts us in a position to get Howard AND Horford, I would be all over that. 

This team is strong at PG, strong at SF, and solid at SG.  Our positions needing upgrading the most are PF and C, where we really don't have a clear starting caliber player.  Adding Horford AND Howard would make us absolutely deadly.  Even Golden State would have their hands full with us.

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 11:09:47 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

Mike

The later Brooklyn picks are much more risky - I'd be very open to giving those up for any player who significantly improves the team.

Think about it - Joe Johnson expires next year, and Deron's contract has already been shipped out.  Thadeous Young is one one of the best contracts in the NBA (IMHO) at around $10M/year.  That leaves Lopez as the only big, unpleasant contract on the team...meaning when the cap goes up after this season they WILL have cap space.

Much as I hate to admit it, having Young and Lopez in your front line is probably a decent lure to free agents as well.  That's a legitimately strong (and still pretty young) core to build around.  Add a good PG in free agency and a couple of solid role players (Afflalo type guys) and that team could VERY quickly turn from the 3rd worst team in the league to a #8 seed.

I think the 2017 pick is probably going to be late in the 10-14 range, with the 2018 pick being around the 15-18 range.

IMHO those picks are both too high a risk to NOT cash them in if you can.  This year the Nets are crippled and can't do anything to improve, which is why that pick is solid and gold and practically untouchable. 

If trading the 2018 pick puts us in a position to get Howard AND Horford, I would be all over that. 

This team is strong at PG, strong at SF, and solid at SG.  Our positions needing upgrading the most are PF and C, where we really don't have a clear starting caliber player.  Adding Horford AND Howard would make us absolutely deadly.  Even Golden State would have their hands full with us.

Incredible, you have been able to figure out where the Brooklyn '17 and '18 picks will fall.

Would you handle my stock portfolio? 

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 11:10:42 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 11:15:01 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

Houston receives
 David Lee
Jonas Jerebko

Boston receives
 Dwight Howard
Montrezl Harrell

Mike

Incredible, you have been able to figure out where the Brooklyn '17 and '18 picks will fall.

Would you handle my stock portfolio?

we have 3 brk picks, we are not giving up this years . I don't find it unreasonable to give up 2017 or 18 brk pick for a DPOY Candidate every year .  On Jan 18, he put up 36/26 vs Deandre Jordan . He is a lock for 15/10 and just about 2 blks every game .

People are really underrating Howard because of their hatred for him. He still has 3-5 yrs left of all-star DPOY type talent .

If the cost is only 1 of the brk picks(17 or 18) , I am all over this if I am Danny.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2016, 11:16:45 PM »

Offline More Banners

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 257
Would an IT/Bradley/Crowder/Horford/Howard starting 5 be a contender in the east this year?

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2016, 11:31:59 PM »

Offline Dino Pitino

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 219
That clutchfans insider posted something interesting:

Originally Posted by cyberx  View Post
He didnt ask for a trade but Fegan told Morey he wants a max, so Dwight said, "If you arent going to give me a max this summer, send me to a team that will be able to this summer while keeping my bird rights"

Not verbatim.. But you get it. He is looking for a max pay day.

Dwight even said he will go back to ORL - ROX dont want T. Harris Contract.

If we get him, I hope it's as a last resort for Houston/Howard, after they've given up the hope of finding a team that both matches Morey's needs and Howard's desire to re-sign for the max, because there's no way we should re-sign Howard to a max contract. Rent him, and let him find some other team to make the mistake of giving him four years at the max...which he will find.
"Young man, you have the question backwards." - Bill Russell

"My guess is that an aggregator of expert opinions would be close in terms of results to that of Danny." - Roy H.

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2016, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline BDeCosta26

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 232
I'll only sign this clown if he's willing to stay long-term. His stats are still phenomenal as of late.

And yes, he's still a clown...hope he doesn't get Brad Stevens fired if he does come here.

Howard isn't some kind of franchise cornerstone that can hold the franchise hostage for his every whim anymore, not that the C's would play that anyway.

If it ever came down to Stevens vs Howard, Boston picks Stevens 100 times out of 100.