Author Topic: CB Draft Reg Season Voting Results - 2nd round matchups announced  (Read 58389 times)

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Didnt Tyreke have a better rookie season that Irving?

Only if you look at raw stats and disregard efficiency.

Irving had a higher scoring rate and assist rate, and had a much higher eFG% and TS%.  If you like win shares (it's not my favorite stat, but whatever), Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

So what you are saying is that Tyreke did have a better season right? Lol. Jk.
i think tyreke joined jordan and lebron for averaging 20 pts 5 rebs 5 asts per game also Steve Novak is number 2 in TS% behind Tyson Chandler so in reality he is number 1 right since he is shooting from downtown and Chandler is only shooting up close? So that means I have the best shooter in the game!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7tsLkcJqO0

Tyreke is a good player, he's just not in Irving's class.  But hey, both were on the CrotoNats for a short time until we voluntarily handcuffed ourselves by self-vetoing our own trade. ;)

Novak is a weapon, but he's obviously not the type of player who can carry a team.  He can help you win, though.

The thing is though Tyreke now is not at Irvings level but Tyreke rookie is at Irvings level and Novak is the greatest shooter ever.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Well if IP needs someone to argue for his team, given what he has done for me in the Historical Draft and for others in being co-commish and finishing off Cleveland's team in this draft, I will do it for him.

Seems onlt fair that someone pick up the slack for him when he has done it for so many otger people.

But ...... only if he wants

That'd be really helpful, thanks Nick!

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Well if IP needs someone to argue for his team, given what he has done for me in the Historical Draft and for others in being co-commish and finishing off Cleveland's team in this draft, I will do it for him.

Seems onlt fair that someone pick up the slack for him when he has done it for so many otger people.

Since there's no way nick is going to vote against a team he's advocating for, I assume this means that IP / nick only get one playoff vote between them?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Since there's no way nick is going to vote against a team he's advocating for, I assume this means that IP / nick only get one playoff vote between them?
Lol..always the lawyer.  Well before I even offered I said I had Chicago in the Finals so wouldn' t a better way of doing it be to allow both of our votes until the Finals and then discount my vote.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Lol..always the lawyer.  Well before I even offered I said I had Chicago in the Finals so wouldn' t a better way of doing it be to allow both of our votes until the Finals and then discount my vote.

Honestly, I think somebody arguing for IP is a classy thing to do.  However, if he's going to essentially have a co-GM, I think that co-GM has to be bound by the same rules as other co-GMs.  Otherwise, it's not fair to other teams in the East, and potentially, the Finals.  Edgar and I, SO and KC, and Lucky and Rebus all have different ideas of who would advance, except for the fact that we're in lockstep that our own teams would win.  (Well, except for SO, who favors Dallas, to his eternal credit.)  I see it the same way as you and IP at this stage.

As much as I like IP, he shouldn't get two automatic votes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Ohhh that's interesting. I have no problems if nick doesn't want to do it then.

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

Honestly, I think somebody arguing for IP is a classy thing to do.  However, if he's going to essentially have a co-GM, I think that co-GM has to be bound by the same rules as other co-GMs.  Otherwise, it's not fair to other teams in the East, and potentially, the Finals.  Edgar and I, SO and KC, and Lucky and Rebus all have different ideas of who would advance, except for the fact that we're in lockstep that our own teams would win.  (Well, except for SO, who favors Dallas, to his eternal credit.)  I see it the same way as you and IP at this stage.

As much as I like IP, he shouldn't get two automatic votes.

The thing is though either way IP would get two automatic votes as Nick had already said that he thought IP would be in the Finals so clearly he was already going to vote for him, that being said Nick and IP should both be allowed to vote for IP's team.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2012, 10:28:13 PM by ronaldo943 »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
The thing I don't get is that my team is obviously the best one ever assembled, every vote should be automatically in my favor. Why do you guys care if nick wants to get a Lil chatty about it.

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
The thing I don't get is that my team is obviously the best one ever assembled, every vote should be automatically in my favor. Why do you guys care if nick wants to get a Lil chatty about it.

Dude, isn't this night #1 of your honeymoon?  Get off your dang phone!  Otherwise, the next time you're using it, it's going to be to call me for divorce advice!

(Reasons you should vote against the CrotoNats:  1.  Roy is a Republican.  2.  Roy is a divorce attorney.  3.  Roy has no sympathy for IP's honeymoon predicament.  Notice there are no basketball reasons, though.)

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen

This year it will most likely be Dallas winning it since they have LeBron next year im winning it :)

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
People need to vote against Chicago. First no press conference and now an absent GM. Don't reward IP's lack of commitment.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Dude, isn't this night #1 of your honeymoon?  Get off your dang phone!  Otherwise, the next time you're using it, it's going to be to call me for divorce advice!

(Reasons you should vote against the CrotoNats:  1.  Roy is a Republican.  2.  Roy is a divorce attorney.  3.  Roy has no sympathy for IP's honeymoon predicament.  Notice there are no basketball reasons, though.)

We're 1 hour out from the destination.

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Yes, Yes he did.

Astute analysis like that is why you should pretty much disregard anything KC tells you over the next week.  Sure, it's shallow and incorrect, but if it makes a rival look bad, it's worth posting, I guess.

And Roy's over-thought, overwritten analysis is why you should ignore pretty much anything he says over the next week and into next year's game. Sure it's filled with advanced statistics and hyperbole, but that always leads to success. Just ask Darryl Morey.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
People need to vote against Chicago. First no press conference and now an absent GM. Don't reward IP's lack of commitment.

Oh yeah? Check out post 2, page 1 of the central division thread playboy

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Irving averaged about 25% more win shares per 48 minutes than Tyreke.

Irving shared one quarter more wins based on a random statistic that values an amount of playing time no one plays.

Crazy thing about per minute stats:  Irving averaged more win shares per 30 minutes, too.  Or per 3 minutes.  Or per 500 minutes.

But were they offensive win shares or defensive win shares? Is there a combined metric I couldn't find? Whose formula for calculating win shares are you using?  I NEED ANSWERS! ANSWERS AND FOOTNOTES!