Author Topic: The Alienation of Kyrie Irving by Media  (Read 7709 times)

Re: The Alienation of Kyrie Irving by Media
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2018, 09:05:34 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Scouts honor actually putting up some very educated opinions, except his Kyrie hate that is

Don't really care who he is though

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2018, 09:25:59 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I agree Rollie.  The incessant Edited.  Profanity and masked profanity are against forum rules and may result in discipline.ing and moaning by the media is sickening.  Its happening in everything, not just basketball.  I think its this absurd 24 hour news thing.  I love it when these places go out of business.  Its just too much and waters down the important stuff.

We are lucky as hell to have Kyrie.  If Danny thinks he's worth the max, that's the only question that we should be asking.

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2018, 09:50:57 AM »

Offline Green-18

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
I wonder if Danny’s ability to move players will hinder our ability to maintain long relationships (Tatum retiring a Celtic). Players may never feel like they’re here forever between rumors and Ainge trading players away.

This same thought entered my mind in regards to Irving.  I don't think it will make or break an extension, but I'd imagine that he has put some thought into the fact that Ainge dumped IT. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie attempted to have a "no trade clause" added into an extension with Boston. 

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2018, 09:53:42 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I wonder if Danny’s ability to move players will hinder our ability to maintain long relationships (Tatum retiring a Celtic). Players may never feel like they’re here forever between rumors and Ainge trading players away.

This same thought entered my mind in regards to Irving.  I don't think it will make or break an extension, but I'd imagine that he has put some thought into the fact that Ainge dumped IT. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Kyrie attempted to have a "no trade clause" added into an extension with Boston.

Unfortunately NTC are only allowed in limited circumstances, and Kyrie doesn’t qualify.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2018, 10:02:04 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
roy-www.youtube.com/eomwatch?v=mum1m78Y6ibo---as he savages Kyrie again and i have watched him visually titled" Black Friday:Kyrie irving just destroyed his trade value,plus Embid wants Lebron"
calling some Celtics pretty boys
And Kyrie had a deviated rectum for not showing for 7th game and said that at another time about his Dad
Just called us blind in our love of Kyrie as Kyrie was so disgusted at Celtics success he didn't drive 4hrs in one of his fast cars.
I watched this guy on screen it was Jeff Clark

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2018, 10:02:14 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
A fake Jeff Clark is exactly what I need to get through the off season.

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2018, 10:12:06 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
I understand Rollie's point, but if our society and the media had a rational perspective on this stuff, we wouldn't be reading and writing to this blog, and Kyrie wouldn't make $300M> in his career. Part of being a modern star athlete is having the emotional intelligence to handle being famous. That means dealing with people talking about you as if they have a clue what's going on

In the end, the only answer is to show discretion in what information you consume, and if anything controversial is reported, check for multiple trusted sources before believing it. Stop reading and listening to every source that mentions the Celtics.

« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
I don't think it applies to Kyrie, though. If I'm Kyrie and my knee has been a problem my entire career, I'm taking the biggest contract I can (years/money) and that's with the Celtics. The fact tha it's on a winner with a great coach makes it a no brainer.

I think stars are more concerned from the way the Clippers handled Blake than anything the Celtics did. I read somewhere that signing elite players to max deals regardless of fit or long term outlook with the organization is going to be the new standard. Sign em, move em, get some draft picks and expiring contracts. The only way to win in this league anymore is having 4+ top players at the exact same time. This means no one is untouchable if the timelines don't fit.

My comment was directly towards Tatum. I want Tatum to feel like he will retire a Celtic. This means we need to treat our current team with a lot of respect. Horford, Smart, and Rozier are going to need to be treated well once contracts are up. Trades should always go to desirable locations (like what we did for Paul and KG). And if I'm Danny Ainge, I would break my mantra and say "Tatum is untouchable. There isn't anyone that I would trade him for. Don't bother calling."

« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2018, 10:39:47 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Only our fans could believe and push enough dirt out there to make a top 7 player free agent to be in a year leave our team. In case anyone missed it last year he put up some monster numbers in the biggest games vs the Warriors in the finals. Hey, lets make him irritated enough where he does bolt.

In a perfect world, we sign him to a max deal next year and he wants to stay here. A 25 year old Kyrie is going to pay much more dividends to our team then a an older Lebron or whoever would fill his place.

I personally want Kyrie in Boston.....I feel he will have a much bigger impact for us over the next decade then anyone not named Davis would have for our team.

The only one who knows what Kyrie wants is Kyrie and his family. Hopefully Danny will find out soon as well.

The constant news reports on him leaving is making me feel like the days up to the election where Hillary had it in the bag already. I am sick of Fake News and how quickly we all become gullible in the face of it. Witch Hunt mentality is alive and well in 2018.

Ane people who say that Kyrie needs to toughen up in the face of this scrutiny, I say to them, Why should he?.If temporary home does not feel like permanent home and living under a microscope is not what you want, go somewhere that does not occur....We as fans need to help make him feel like this is home...it should not simply be automatic....Look how we greeted KG when he arrived in Boston....Home feeling big time.....we are surely not doing that with Kyrie right now.

In the face of a few big job offers last year, the area was key to me making my decision. Where did I feel like most home in....where did the people mesh as well as possible with my personality....In the end, I chose a lesser financial offer to do what simply felt right. In the end, Kyrie will do what he feels is right...I am hoping we help sway the decision towards staying in Boston.

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2018, 11:31:05 AM »

Offline Ed Hollison

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 195
I think there's something legitimately there when it comes to the recent media reports. That is, I don't think this is a completely made up story.

Now, I don't believe Kyrie is likely to leave at the end of next season. I still think he sees this as a good place to be -- fans, coach, organization, roster that can compete both now and years down the line, etc. I just think that Kyrie must be listening to all the Lebron talk and understands this is a business. He's looking out for #1. He's not going to go out there and sound all super excited and loyal to the Celtics until the organization confirms they want him and intend to re-sign him.

Here's what's likely to happen. Lebron signs with some other team besides the Celtics, then Danny comes out (truthfully or not) and says the Celtics never entertained the idea of bringing him in, and reiterates that the team is committed to the Kyrie, Gordon, and Al. We start the season more or less with the roster we have now, the team plays great, Kyrie loves it, and the Celtics sign him to the max one year from now.
"A thought of hatred must be destroyed by a more powerful thought of love."

http://fruittreeblog.com

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2018, 11:32:05 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
The reason i brought this up was his ties to this blog and his articles in the past gave no indication of what i blundered into.After the shock wore off, i listened to him over a period of weeks on you tube
Compared to the relatively composed polite guy from mailbag to a ranting obsessed Kyrie hater.

Boston is a smart city and Kyries sort of like an artist/actor/pseudo intellectual.Maybe a performance artist--i used to love Turner ,the character and Kyrie can be like that funny  cool,charming,well dressed and loves his family.
I remember a video of Turner on a freeway out of gas in his Ferrari with a beautiful women in passenger seat waiting in the heat for a friend to bring gas-sort of like his game and those cross court passes.

Danny knows and Brad knows what to do to keep Kyrie basketball wise but i sense a NYC kind of personality quirky,and needing stimulation the kind the arts bring to NYC.Food clothing restaurants and twenty four hour stimulation.Flat earth and Yellow Cabs
If Kyrie stays it will be for basketball and the history of winning.

« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2018, 11:42:54 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
not reason to worry or loose sleep ,  its Dannys job to sort out Irvings and rest of C's future .

We ve seen he does not hesitate to make a move ,  right or wrong ,   at anytime .

Best relax and wait and watch .

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2018, 11:45:45 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
The reason i brought this up was his ties to this blog and his articles in the past gave no indication of what i blundered into.After the shock wore off, i listened to him over a period of weeks on you tube
Compared to the relatively composed polite guy from mailbag to a ranting obsessed Kyrie hater.

Boston is a smart city and Kyries sort of like an artist/actor/pseudo intellectual.Maybe a performance artist--i used to love Turner ,the character and Kyrie can be like that funny  cool,charming,well dressed and loves his family.
I remember a video of Turner on a freeway out of gas in his Ferrari with a beautiful women in passenger seat waiting in the heat for a friend to bring gas-sort of like his game and those cross court passes.

Danny knows and Brad knows what to do to keep Kyrie basketball wise but i sense a NYC kind of personality quirky,and needing stimulation the kind the arts bring to NYC.Food clothing restaurants and twenty four hour stimulation.Flat earth and Yellow Cabs
If Kyrie stays it will be for basketball and the history of winning.

Ive checked Scouts Honor and there is nothing there about a Jeff Clark trashing Kyrie. Unless you post a working link (yours doesn't) that either shows his face, or his voice, I am going to assume this is either a mistaken identity, a poser, or just some paranoia. These things are common in the internet FYI.

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2018, 12:05:39 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
roy-www.youtube.com/eomwatch?v=mum1m78Y6ibo---as he savages Kyrie again and i have watched him visually titled" Black Friday:Kyrie irving just destroyed his trade value,plus Embid wants Lebron"
calling some Celtics pretty boys
And Kyrie had a deviated rectum for not showing for 7th game and said that at another time about his Dad
Just called us blind in our love of Kyrie as Kyrie was so disgusted at Celtics success he didn't drive 4hrs in one of his fast cars.
I watched this guy on screen it was Jeff Clark

Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu1m78Y6ibo

Where's Jeff Clark? 

Here's the real Jeff Clark, again:

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/8/23/16188016/jeff-clark-reacts-to-kyrie-irving-isaiah-thomas-trade-facebook-live-celtics-cavaliers-cavs

Totally different voices, inflection, etc.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2018, 12:32:10 PM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
Only our fans could believe and push enough dirt out there to make a top 7 player free agent to be in a year leave our team. In case anyone missed it last year he put up some monster numbers in the biggest games vs the Warriors in the finals. Hey, lets make him irritated enough where he does bolt.

In a perfect world, we sign him to a max deal next year and he wants to stay here. A 25 year old Kyrie is going to pay much more dividends to our team then a an older Lebron or whoever would fill his place.

I personally want Kyrie in Boston.....I feel he will have a much bigger impact for us over the next decade then anyone not named Davis would have for our team.

The only one who knows what Kyrie wants is Kyrie and his family. Hopefully Danny will find out soon as well.

The constant news reports on him leaving is making me feel like the days up to the election where Hillary had it in the bag already. I am sick of Fake News and how quickly we all become gullible in the face of it. Witch Hunt mentality is alive and well in 2018.

Ane people who say that Kyrie needs to toughen up in the face of this scrutiny, I say to them, Why should he?.If temporary home does not feel like permanent home and living under a microscope is not what you want, go somewhere that does not occur....We as fans need to help make him feel like this is home...it should not simply be automatic....Look how we greeted KG when he arrived in Boston....Home feeling big time.....we are surely not doing that with Kyrie right now.

In the face of a few big job offers last year, the area was key to me making my decision. Where did I feel like most home in....where did the people mesh as well as possible with my personality....In the end, I chose a lesser financial offer to do what simply felt right. In the end, Kyrie will do what he feels is right...I am hoping we help sway the decision towards staying in Boston.

Please show me a single news story that says Kyrie is leaving. Please limit yourself to actual professional news organizations rather than some random blogger. Perhaps I can save you some time. There are none.

What we do have is a large number of people who are offering their opinion on various possible scenarios that might happen. Stop complaining that it is fake. It isn't news. Its just talk.

Lots of people who spend part of their day listening to those opinions. Fans actually enjoy such contemplation. Radio, TV shows and hundreds of podcasts do this all day long. This sort of thing occurs for every NBA player. The only way to avoid it is to not play in the NBA.

Do you think that Guerschon Yabusele would feel good about all the comments he might read on this very blog? If he took what fans and sports pundits said too seriously, he might be crushed by the negativity.

Kyrie should ignore this stuff because the decisions he makes have very large financial consequences to him. Listening to marginally informed people isn't a good strategy.