Author Topic: Have we officially turned the corner and back in business ? We are killing teams  (Read 9979 times)

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 999
It looks like we are back to getting killed by scrub teams again.

Brad Stevens needs to adjust again.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Nope. Same team they have been most of the season. The "win" streak looks like an outlier

no excuse losing to that garbage team AT HOME tonight in the suns. people can spin it and move goalposts all they want. whatever helps them sleep at night but this was a joke.  i am wondering if we need to compress roster and let some of this so called depth go for more top end proven talent??  too many playing hero ball and NOt team ball. we need guys who will play team ball. a roster shakup MAY be needed. i think hayward will be ok in time. rozier is gone just a matter of when. not sure about JB. looks like he has regressed. i still think tatum can and will be a star here. we may have to do what we have to do with JB and TR to upgrade with a guy who will bring it every night. play his role.

I, too, am wondering about the team's depth. Come playoffs, teams usually don't play more than 8 or 9 guys, so why not consolidate a little?
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

you are asking for a miracle....He can't do anything bout the injuries.

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
Teams come in and out of form as a long season progresses. Aside from grabbing statement wins here and there I am not overly worried about the overall form of the squad.
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Teams come in and out of form as a long season progresses. Aside from grabbing statement wins here and there I am not overly worried about the overall form of the squad.
My thoughts exactly. I would like us to win all games but at this point, I don't get hit by losses much.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Some players, ahem, Jaylen Brown/Gordon Hayward, need to step-up offensively. We also need Horford back as there are a bunch of serious teams coming up that want to kick our a$$.

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 976
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
You mean like beating Toronto?  That win now seems pretty hollow.

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
The train will be rolling more consistently after the All Star break. Not worried at all. This is the best time to be figuring out what works and what doesn't. Brad will figure it out in time for our march to the Finals.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I've said it before, but -- this team seems to have a streak of "Who cares?" in them.

That's pretty frustrating to see in an overall quite young team that hasn't won anything of consequence, yet.

But oh well. 

I'm just gonna keep telling myself they only need to get a top 3 seed and then win some big road playoff games in order to go on another deep run . . . .
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I know that we HAVE turned the corner but if anything with the last couple of losses I believe that we miss Big Al.

Get well Big Guy - you and Baynes.

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Baynes will be gone for a while. Without Al and Baynes this could get ugly.

Theis played poorly, and Williams needs to figure out how to defend the pick and roll, but you can't expect a rookie to anchor the middle at this point in the season.

Hayward and Brown... :angel:

Giving up 21 offensive rebounds is unconscionable.

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
We have turned another corner.

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
The sky is falling because the Celtics lost two in a row? Sigh.

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
We have turned another corner.

Yeah, we are running in circles

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
The sky is falling because the Celtics lost two in a row? Sigh.

We lost our second in a row at home to the worst team in the league. We lost our best defensive big while our best offensive big sits on the bench in a suit. No worries. Everything is good.