Author Topic: Celtics (54-18) at Magic (52-18) 3/24  (Read 73771 times)

Re: Celtics (54-18) at Magic (52-18) 3/24
« Reply #390 on: March 25, 2009, 11:31:32 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
**** THIS TEAM.

**** YOU MIKKI MOORE.

RETARDS.

Congratulations, you managed to be offensive three times in one post.

« Reply #391 on: March 26, 2009, 12:02:51 AM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Is there a possibility anyone here who has the means could post the Dwight foul which was not called on Pierce onto youtube. I really want to see it again. Thanks.

« Reply #392 on: March 26, 2009, 12:17:48 AM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
**** THIS TEAM.

**** YOU MIKKI MOORE.

RETARDS.

Congratulations, you managed to be offensive three times in one post.
I would have been banned from this site for what I wanted to post after the game.  :-X I think Pierce probably had something interesting to say as well.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #393 on: March 26, 2009, 12:39:52 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
"Our guys don't care about [home court]. They want to get healthy," Rivers said. "And when we get healthy, we're willing to lace up against anybody."

« Reply #394 on: March 26, 2009, 12:55:40 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Is there a possibility anyone here who has the means could post the Dwight foul which was not called on Pierce onto youtube. I really want to see it again. Thanks.
The Comcast feed showed it in slow motion from right on the baseline angle. Not only was there a very large amount of body on body contact, but there was almost no ball contact on Howard's part and he clearly jumped from inside the circle, which should automatically make it a foul if there is contact made.

It was a crap no call, but given the way the game was called, that being that the refs let the boys play and that a ton of calls went the C's way, expecting a foul on body contact against Dwight Howard at home in the final seconds of a tight ballgame that was called very loosely is ludicrous. The only way Howard gets that called a foul was if he clearly, without any doubt, had hard contact on Pierce's shooting arm or he committed a foul that would be near Flagrant Foul intensity.

« Reply #395 on: March 26, 2009, 01:12:35 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
Ladies and gentleman, your Boston Pistons!

Seriously.  This crap effort for the first 30 minutes of the game is becoming a disturbing trend.  It's like they think they can just turn it on at a moment's notice and pull the game out, and that has consistently not worked this year.

I really hope the fire returns during the playoffs, because this level of effort is going to make the first round an adventure.

Its not the team. We still have injuries which means dumb mikki plays & old crusty I mean rusty Marbury playing.

It is the team.  This has been a problem all year, even when we were healthy.  The only difference is that we were able to pull off the miracle comebacks earlier because we hadn't exhausted our energy yet.  I'm remembering two straight games - Raptors and Hawks, I believe - where Pierce had to explode late and beat them by himself.  It had people speculating about Pierce as MVP for awhile.  Only now, he's not as fresh as he was, so those shots aren't falling.  Do we win this game with KG near 100%?  I'm almost sure of it.  But this team's effort has not been consistent over the course of this season.

Like I said, this isn't a problem if they decide to turn it up in the playoffs.  If that happens and we hang another banner on opening day next season, then all of this will be forgotten.  While it's happening, though, you have to be somewhat concerned.  This habit of coasting for 30 and dialing it up for the last 18 just isn't going to get it done in the playoffs.

« Reply #396 on: March 26, 2009, 10:01:44 AM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 653
  • MASTER OF PANIC
couple points aftet sleeping on it..

1. PP was fouled and it should have been called. I bet my sweet arse if that had been kobe or queen james...they refs make the call. He was drilled and bodied by howard big time. It feels like that is a call PP was getting a lot last year but he just doesn't get it anymore...

2. Atzar is correct....even when healthy..this team has had problems a. putting teams away and b. getting down a ton early only to have rally late and that has resulted in a loss...games like philly, atlanta are a prime example....then games like the heat, lakers, spurs, magic x2, pistons, clippers they try to rally and pull one out but come up just short. this is a trend that worries me.

3. playing orlando in round 2....here are my thoughts....i don't care who is home or away...boston wins that series in 5 or 6. orlando escapes vs boston...boston destroys orlando when they beat them this year. i just don't see orlando...even with home court...beating the C's...when boston made up their minds to defend the second part of the third and 4th quarter...orlando did ZERO

4. the 3 seed might be a blessing for 3 reasons: 1. allows boston to get healthy and rest by sitting guys for long parts of the game...they can't fall below 3 so use it to your advantage 2. if things hold....orlando would get detroit in round one...and i can bet the farm that will be a TOUGH 6-7 game series. Detroit is playing without Sheed, Rip and AI. they are getting a lot of guys work and I still believe they will be a tough out in April. 3. winning a series vs orlando would give boston some confidence they can get it done on the road.

i am p---ed they lost because the played poorly and still really should have the FT's to pull it out but I think Atlanta becomes important. I can see orlando losing a few more games so Friday is big...