Author Topic: Time to say "Goodbye"  (Read 18476 times)

Time to say "Goodbye"
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:55:50 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
I am leaving CelticsBlog. This time it will be for good. I want to thank all of the posters that I have come in contact with. It's been a beautiful two years, two months and 16 days. Since dark_lord and celticmaestro will no longer be posting here, I see no reason to stick around anymore. I will only be logging on in the  near future (the next couple of weeks, maybe) to check for personal messages, though I suspect that will not be very often. Those of you that may be interested can catch me on Facebook or maybe on CelticsLife. You know who you are. Let me know.

There have been a lot of bad vibes here recently. I feel that a lot of posters have had valid points as far as certain things they have been complaining about. I know CelticsBlog has certain rules that we must all follow but I do not feel that those rules have been applied consistently. This is not an attempt to bait any of the mods, it's just an attempt to explain things as I see them. Like I said, the exclusions of d_l and cm was the final drop. I no longer feel this place is worth going back to. Sadly, because I used to love it. That is not to say I hate it but it's just not very close to my heart anymore.

Again, thanks to all of you. Even the people I disagreed with, because you taught
me a lot about myself. I want to wish y'all all the best in your lives.

Take care and remember to always bleed green. Be proud. You are fans of the great Boston Celtics. Respect the shamrock. To quote a very good friend of mine: "Go Celtics. Peace."

-ACF

Re: Time to say "Goodbye"
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2009, 08:40:56 AM »

Offline jimmehx

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 166
Best wishes man - I'll miss you round here.

You've really been 'one of those guys' who has made it a real pleasure to trawl this blog daily. I've really enjoyed your insightful, well thought-out posts.

Best of luck with everything - here's a final TP.

"Uhhh... Wife makes chicken..." - Brian Scalabrine 2007.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2009, 09:13:25 AM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
I hate to see good long time posters leave. I hope you reconsider someday.  But if not, best of luck to you. :)
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 09:21:47 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Always great reading your post and obviously one of the better guys around here. If i could i would facebook you but idk your name. Well if you feel up to giving that info i would catch you on facebook. Have a great one man and take it easy. And i have to say i hope i never contributed to you leaving Celticsblog.com, I hope you stay and God Bless man.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2009, 09:32:47 AM »

Kiorrik

What the hell you up to ACF! Don't be ridiculous! I won't have you just leaving like this >_< I can't take it when good people leave, honestly. I'm here because there's a lot of good people here.

Yes there's rules. No they will never (ever, anywhere) be applied to everyone equally, that's just something you'll have to deal with in life IMO. Leaving will not make it better, it will make it worse. I understand that things bother you, and I see how you have 'lost' some good friends on here with them leaving and all that, but there's the future to think of. This site is one of the best Celtic sites out there...

So there's two sides of me right now.

- The side that refuses to TP you up
That's the side that thinks your a quitter.

- The side that wants to TP you up
That's the side that wants you te remain here for what you bring to the board.

As always, the second side won, and I TP'd ya up, but please reconsider. There's a lot of us that want you here, and I'm certain you'll still enjoy yourself and make new friends :P

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2009, 10:11:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
I'm stunned, truly, by all of this stuff, because so many good people are affected. You are not only a great blogger, but a great friend ... you know how I feel about you, Bud, and you know what my wishes are, but ultimately you have to make your own decisions, and I respect those decisions because I respect you.

There will be a bit of a cloud here in place of your absence, and I'll have to dance a bit quicker to stay out of the rain. I, among others, will keep searching the horizon for that ray of sunshine, ACF, and the positive spin you put on everything. Besides ... you're the only one who reads my boring posts anymore, and probably responsible for the majority of my TP's! ;)

Whatever happens ... friends to the end, Brother.

Bahku
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2009, 11:59:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Sorry to see you go. 

As you can see from this thread, there are more posters that enjoy your contributions then you think.

I hope to see you back in the future.

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I missed a couple of days on CB and this is what I come back too? Sad to see you go and it's sad to hear Dark_Lord and CelticsMaestro have left. I hope you guys do change your minds and come back.

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2009, 01:20:17 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2411
I hate to see good long time posters leave. I hope you reconsider someday.  But if not, best of luck to you. :)
Sad to see you go and it's sad to hear Dark_Lord and CelticsMaestro have left. I hope you guys do change your minds and come back.
Ditto

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2009, 01:23:12 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
Everything that has been going on here the last few days is just silly. ACF, I am quite saddened to see you leave. You are definitely one of my favorite posters on here if not my favorite overall. I guess I'll just catch you on facebook and hope that you'll eventually come back to CB.

A final TP of course, though I hope you will be collecting plenty more in the future.

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2009, 01:30:03 PM »

Offline EJPLAYA

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 127
It is sad that people have to feel this way, but there are definitely a lot outside that "inner circle" that do. Some people care about that and some don't. I think it is pretty sad that we won't see any more of these guys posts because they were a big part of the reason I and many logged on frequently. We will miss your contributions, and if many more solid posters feel the same and follow suit it won't be long before you see a big drop in overall hits. Good luck to you ACF and Maestro and DL for that matter.

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2009, 01:53:31 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Like everyone else, I'm sorry to see you go, as well.  You're a big part of the community here, and the door will remain open for you.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2009, 02:20:42 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Later.

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2009, 02:24:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
It's too bad you feel that way ACF. You're a likable guy and a good poster.

That said, you do realize that as good a couple of guys as DL and CM, are they had grown bitter about something that occurred a while back, let it fester and became angry and combative, especially to those in authority here. Their constant criticism of those not being positive and their constant passive aggressive hostility towards the mods had changed them as posters...not people....posters and participants at this site.

I think they are both great people but something happened to them as posters that was not good. Hopefully they can resolve their issues and come back and be the great contributors they were and hopefully you won't follow them out simply because you perceived they were mistreated. People who get suspended here usually deserve it. I should know. I was recently suspended. I deserved it. Everyone who gets suspended here probably earned their suspension or complete ouster.