Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 474080 times)

perks-a-beast, tazzmaniac and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #5310 on: April 19, 2024, 12:15:09 AM »

Offline 86MaxwellSmart

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 379
I predict Knicks 4-0..or 4-1 ...Philly is toast.
Larry Bird was Greater than you think.

« Reply #5311 on: April 19, 2024, 09:45:52 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
Giannis to miss 2-4 weeks, there done
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #5312 on: April 19, 2024, 10:57:59 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1002

Pacers in 6

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #5313 on: April 19, 2024, 11:01:28 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3000
  • On To Banner 18!
Lets win tonight

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #5314 on: April 19, 2024, 11:16:35 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871

2-4 weeks from when, today or from the injury?  He was injured on Apr 9.  Today is already 10 days from the injury.  Is this meant to mean he would be back between Apr 23 and May 7?

« Reply #5315 on: April 19, 2024, 11:39:37 AM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1445

2-4 weeks from when, today or from the injury?  He was injured on Apr 9.  Today is already 10 days from the injury.  Is this meant to mean he would be back between Apr 23 and May 7?

Sounds like he will likely be back at some point during the Indiana series.

ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reports that the Bucks are preparing to be without Antetokounmpo (calf) for the beginning of their series against the Pacers.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #5316 on: April 19, 2024, 11:43:37 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I think Butler is done for the season. He could barely walk out of the arena.

Giannis is also going to missing more time than people think. That injury ended up crippling KD. No way Ginnias is going to be ready for a series vs the Pacers. I say he does not play at all.

« Reply #5317 on: April 19, 2024, 11:44:11 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jamal Collier
@JamalCollier
·
19m
#Bulls Alex Caruso says he expects to play tonight vs Miami

« Reply #5318 on: April 19, 2024, 12:29:40 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Giannis is also going to missing more time than people think. That injury ended up crippling KD. No way Ginnias is going to be ready for a series vs the Pacers. I say he does not play at all.

Lillard is gonna have a huge spotlight on him now. If he doesn't do well and the Bucks lose with Giannis out then Lillard is gonna get heavily scrutinized. He's no longer on a bad and dysfunctional franchise, but can he carry them with Giannis out? We'll see. Say what you will but in 2021-2022 when Giannis was missing some playoff games, Holiday and Middleton stepped up big time and kept them afloat. Middleton isn't the same guy but he's still solid and according to this forum, Lillard is a Top-10 NBA player and one of the best closers. Show us.

« Reply #5319 on: April 19, 2024, 12:33:21 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Lillard is gonna have a huge spotlight on him now. If he doesn't do well and the Bucks lose with Giannis out then Lillard is gonna get heavily scrutinized. He's no longer on a bad and dysfunctional franchise, but can he carry them with Giannis out? We'll see. Say what you will but in 2021-2022 when Giannis was missing some playoff games, Holiday and Middleton stepped up big time and kept them afloat. Middleton isn't the same guy but he's still solid and according to this forum, Lillard is a Top-10 NBA player and one of the best closers. Show us.

Brian Windhorst said Dame isn't close to being healthy right now with an adductor muscle injury.

« Reply #5320 on: April 19, 2024, 12:36:38 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395

Brian Windhorst said Dame isn't close to being healthy right now with an adductor muscle injury.

Lilliard hasn’t been as good as usual all season. Him starting in the all star game was ridiculous. We really dodged a bullet not getting him as that control will soon be an absolute disaster. How Lebron, KD, Curry and to a lesser extent Paul have performed in their mid and late 30’s has made people forget how much most players decline at 33 or 34.

« Reply #5321 on: April 19, 2024, 12:41:43 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I was looking at the Bucks roster...man they are old. Lopez, Portis, Middleton, Dame. And Giannis can't stay healthy at playoff time.

I could see a massive rebuild in the future for them.

« Reply #5322 on: April 19, 2024, 12:44:50 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Huh when did that happen?

Between that and Embiid getting hurt again I may need to catch up on all these injuries.

« Reply #5323 on: April 19, 2024, 12:56:08 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Between that and Embiid getting hurt again I may need to catch up on all these injuries.

Heard the interview on the Pat McAfee show. Windy said Dame is not close to 100 percent.

Dame was even held out of practice this week because of it.

« Reply #5324 on: April 19, 2024, 01:06:37 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • On To Banner 18!

Heard the interview on the Pat McAfee show. Windy said Dame is not close to 100 percent.

Dame was even held out of practice this week because of it.

TP thanks.

I originally had MIL in 7 still but if Giannis truly misses the *entire* series and Lillard is also hurt, I might adjust to IND in 6. I thought Giannis would come back by the middle of the series but idk