Author Topic: Marcus Smart, not so quietly, shooting 37% from 3 and 42% from the floor.  (Read 689 times)

Offline greenrunsdeep41

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 152
I just felt it is necessary to point out the fact that this guy is earning every-freakin-dollar he is being paid.

This guy embodies what I love about sports and specifically the Celtics. Which brings me to the point of this thread; who else thinks its time for us to name another captain? What else does this guy need to do? Am I off base? Are my lenses the greenest color of tinted green?

Anyway, lets go C's.
2019 Historical Draft - Golden State

C - Bill Russell/Joel Embiid
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo/Tommy Heinsohn
SF - Kevin Durant/Billy Cunningham
SG - Bruce Bowen/David Thompson
PG - Isiah Thomas/James Harden

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
I just felt it is necessary to point out the fact that this guy is earning every-freakin-dollar he is being paid.

This guy embodies what I love about sports and specifically the Celtics. Which brings me to the point of this thread; who else thinks its time for us to name another captain? What else does this guy need to do? Am I off base? Are my lenses the greenest color of tinted green?

Anyway, lets go C's.

TP!  well said. 

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Has better 3 point percentage than Tatum this season.

Smart will be difficult to give up in an AD trade. Could have more value for our championship aspirations than Brown, Tatum or Hayward.

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
I'm all for it. Make Marcus Smart team captain!

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
You trade Marcus and you trade the heart of this current Celtics team.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I don't expect the shooting percentages to last, but smart is hugely valuable even when his shot isn't falling.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
I thought career years happen BEFORE you get a new contract, not after???

BUT if this keeps up, Cs got a steal with that contract.