Author Topic: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...  (Read 67516 times)

Re: 2017-18 Boston Bruins Season...
« Reply #135 on: May 04, 2018, 10:25:00 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Very disappointing. After Boston stole Game 1, I never could've guessed that they'd lose 3 in a row, including two at home.

They had a better regular season than I expected, and the horrible playoff draw isn't their fault, but they've really crapped the bed the last three games, and I think their season is all over but the crying.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #136 on: May 04, 2018, 10:25:28 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
That's the season. Can't defend home-court two games and that's how brutal things will get.

Have a bad feeling about the Celtics' game tomorrow too...

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #137 on: May 04, 2018, 10:35:04 PM »

• Satch Sanders
That's the season. Can't defend home-court two games and that's how brutal things will get.

Have a bad feeling about the Celtics' game tomorrow too...

Like the Celtics, the Bruins have had several amazing comebacks this season, but winning three in a row—including two in Tampa—against his Lightning team is nigh impossible. They missed their chance(s).
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #138 on: May 04, 2018, 10:45:46 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
I don't know much about hockey but I was told the 3rd goal by Stamkos shouldn't have counted because McAvoy got "fouled" behind the net and the refs ignored it.  Is that correct?

« Reply #139 on: May 04, 2018, 10:59:54 PM »

• Satch Sanders
I don't know much about hockey but I was told the 3rd goal by Stamkos shouldn't have counted because McAvoy got "fouled" behind the net and the refs ignored it.  Is that correct?

Yes, it should've been a penalty. The Tampa player pulled McAvoy's arm, which is illegal and was the action that caused McAvoy to turn over the puck.

I will say that despite Boston blowing some opportunities this series, the officials have screwed them quite a bit. In Game 3, I think, the Bs were called for a slash when the Bruins player's stick actually hit the Tampa players thigh and not his hand, but then Tampa slashed Marchand on a breakaway, which should've been a penalty shot, and it wasn't called.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #140 on: May 05, 2018, 12:05:20 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
What's with the licking and cupping your stick up an opponent's crotch?

Some seriously juvenile dink moves.
Yup

« Reply #141 on: May 05, 2018, 12:36:48 AM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
I guess even in this dismal situation, we really need to just win the next game and get it back to Boston and then just win that game and let game 7 crazy happen😁Optimism for a second but not impossible/ Rask will need to find his big balls though as he will need to go on a goalie tear and our team needs to stop with the bad turnovers- Big hits are needed to slow them down but unfortunately we will spend our time in the box if we sneeze in wrong direction- Tampa is not Montreal so there is that 😁 Here is to turning impossible to improbable to possible again...

« Reply #142 on: May 05, 2018, 12:53:01 AM »

• Satch Sanders
What's with the licking and cupping your stick up an opponent's crotch?

Some seriously juvenile dink moves.

Yeah, I don't like that. Marchand's a great player, but he needs to leave that stuff home.

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #143 on: May 05, 2018, 09:33:44 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Yeah, season's over. No way the B's are winning the next 3 with 2 games @Tampa.

And frankly, TB has just been straight up dominating us for most of the last three games. Even during our good stretches where we generate opportunities, TB's defense looks so disciplined and snuffs out most of the chances with blocked shots or poke checks, which is annoying because all our forwards go in one-on-one and lose the puck as they enter the zone more often than not smh.

Meanwhile, our defense right now looks toast ESPECIALLY with Krug now out, and they turn it over way too much leading to easy Lightning goals...

Anyways, it's insane to think the Celtics could go on a deeper run than the Bruins in this year's playoffs...  :o
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #144 on: May 05, 2018, 10:34:58 AM »

Offline TomHeinsohn

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 33

Yes, it should've been a penalty. The Tampa player pulled McAvoy's arm, which is illegal and was the action that caused McAvoy to turn over the puck.

I will say that despite Boston blowing some opportunities this series, the officials have screwed them quite a bit. In Game 3, I think, the Bs were called for a slash when the Bruins player's stick actually hit the Tampa players thigh and not his hand, but then Tampa slashed Marchand on a breakaway, which should've been a penalty shot, and it wasn't called.

Don't forget the Pastrnak double minor he got when the Tampa player hit himself in the face with his own stick

« Reply #145 on: May 06, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Ugh, horrible ending.

But proud of this group nonetheless! Future is definitely bright for the Bruins (and Celtics)!!!  8)

Idk what happened... we were so good in Game 1, but then got pretty much outplayed the rest of the series. Yes, the refs were frustrating and probably cost us Game 2, but even at home (Games 3-4) the Bruins were dominated on almost all facets of the game (5 on 5).

I do think they need to improve the defense a bit. I love Chara and thank him for all he's done, but I thought giving him the 1 year extension was a bit ridiculous. Sure, he's a great veteran presence, but it felt like all postseason whenever he touched the puck, it either led to a turnover, he couldn't clear the zone at all, OR got beat by a Tampa or Toronto player who was just way faster (and younger).

I'm not blaming Rask. Defense in front of him was relatively garbage and he can only do so much when it seems like the defense turns it over RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIM like 3-4 times a game...  :(

We are a young group though and should continue growing. I just wish the other lines besides the first line contributed more on the scoring end of things.

« Reply #146 on: May 06, 2018, 06:21:06 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
After the way game 1 went I never would have figured they'd go into such a terrible funk on offense for the rest of the series. It was like they couldn't get out of their own way sometimes.

Tampa Bay isn't even really that special of a defensive team. That's the most frustrating part about it.

« Reply #147 on: May 06, 2018, 06:23:05 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
After the way game 1 went I never would have figured they'd go into such a terrible funk on offense for the rest of the series. It was like they couldn't get out of their own way sometimes.

Tampa Bay isn't even really that special of a defensive team. That's the most frustrating part about it.

Unfortunately it kind of reminded me of the Ottawa series last year.

Ottawa takes a lead and then just clamps down in the neutral zone to prevent the Bruins from entering the offensive zone too much and generating chances. And it worked. Like it did for Tampa this series as well...  :(

Both OTT (last year) and TB were disciplined in that regard.

Also that last PP by the Bruins was just pathetic. They let one TB player (Callahan) just carry the puck into their own zone and keep it there for like 30 seconds. Embarassing.

« Reply #148 on: May 06, 2018, 06:27:08 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Unfortunately it kind of reminded me of the Ottawa series last year.

Ottawa takes a lead and then just clamps down in the neutral zone to prevent the Bruins from entering the offensive zone too much and generating chances. And it worked. Like it did for Tampa this series as well...  :(

Both OTT (last year) and TB were disciplined in that regard.

Yeah, that was one thing I noticed even in game 1 (I think I even mentioned earlier in the thread). TB definitely is a solid neutral zone team, even if not a great defensive zone team.

« Reply #149 on: May 06, 2018, 06:30:24 PM »

• Satch Sanders
Pretty terrible end to what was (for me) a surprisingly successful season.

— C.S. Lewis