Author Topic: Heat @ Cavs Predictions?  (Read 7930 times)

Re: Heat @ Cavs Predictions?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2010, 01:47:16 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It really is dumb for them to ban shirts/signs. I can understand beefing up security so things don't get wild like throwing stuff on the court, but let the fans express themselves. As long as the shirts/signs aren't vulgar, they should be allowed to do whatever they want. The NBA (or is it the Cavs banning anything anti-LeBron?) is just overprotecting their LeBaby.

Whatever, it will still be entertaining enough and if the Cavs play anything like they played their opening night against us - coupled with the way Miami is currently playing - I could definitely see the Cavs pulling out the win.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2010, 03:20:38 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
If Lebron were the same type of player mentally as someone like Kobe I'd think the Cavs were in trouble. He's not so this will probably be a good game. The Cavs will lose, but they'll put up a fight.

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2010, 04:02:44 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding here over whether certain T-shirts or signs are banned.  From what I understand, there is nothing special for this game.  The Cavs just reminded fans that they do not allow shirts or signs that are vulgar or innappropriate.  It is the same thing with every team in the NBA, but the Cavs knew that there were going to be a lot more than normal with Lebron returning, so they just wanted to get the word out, so fans are not taken by surprised when they are told they cannot display something vulgar.

« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2010, 04:30:31 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
The officials will make a difference in the outcome of this game.Can't wait to find out which crew will be handling this game...does anyone know which officials will be officiating this game?Which officials would you prefer?

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2010, 04:35:21 PM »

Offline Megatron

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 136
Cavs will win this game.

Its their game of the year, and they will try their hardest to prove to the world they dont need LeBron.

LeBron will try to take over and play exactly like he did in Cleveland, only to lose.

Energy in the building is going to be incredible. Incredible. I cant wait to watch this game.

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2010, 04:44:36 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding here over whether certain T-shirts or signs are banned.  From what I understand, there is nothing special for this game.  The Cavs just reminded fans that they do not allow shirts or signs that are vulgar or innappropriate.  It is the same thing with every team in the NBA, but the Cavs knew that there were going to be a lot more than normal with Lebron returning, so they just wanted to get the word out, so fans are not taken by surprised when they are told they cannot display something vulgar.

I think you're actually incorrect here, The Cavs have banned any "anti-Lebron" t-shirts, gear or signs. Not just vulgarity.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/527750-cleveland-cavaliers-ban-anti-lebron-james-gear-why-so-serious

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2010, 04:50:34 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

I think you're actually incorrect here, The Cavs have banned any "anti-Lebron" t-shirts, gear or signs. Not just vulgarity.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/527750-cleveland-cavaliers-ban-anti-lebron-james-gear-why-so-serious

No, ESPN misreported it.  This was covered earlier in the thread.

On an unrelated note, I feel like I get dumber every time I read a tweet.

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2010, 04:51:30 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Bleacher reports without sourcing isn't where you want to get evidence from. Particularly if a point has been misreported or disputed elsewhere.

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2010, 05:16:42 PM »

Offline dpaps

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 88
oh hadn't read all those reports refuting ESPN. Good, it seemed a little ridiculous that they weren't gonna let fans where their "Quitness" shirts.

I don't think Cavs win this game though, I bet Lebron has a huge night.

« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2010, 05:18:19 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
oh hadn't read all those reports refuting ESPN. Good, it seemed a little ridiculous that they weren't gonna let fans where their "Quitness" shirts.

I don't think Cavs win this game though, I bet Lebron has a huge night.
Yeah I agree with you on the game.

I think the Heat beat up on the Cavs in the end.

« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
I can see this being a big anti-climax. Heat by about 12 I think. Still be interesting to see what unfolds...
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2010, 05:56:31 PM »

Offline Phil125

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 57
A small part of me would be interested in observing something similar The palace 2004.  An evil little part of me.

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
A small part of me would be interested in observing something similar The palace 2004.  An evil little part of me.

except Lebron goes into the stands during the last play, Cavs down 2, with the ball - MO for a wide open 3 because the Heat are rioting, game over, season over...ahahahaa
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2010, 06:47:49 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2526
This will be, and rightly so, the 7th game of the NBA Finals for Cleveland.  I think it's great for Cleveland basketball that the W-L records are fairly similar.  It gives Cavs fans the feeling of being able to make a real statement that they are just as good as this Heat team.  Although this is likely a temporary illusion, Cavs fans can hopefully have a moment of true triumph.

I am not really a Lebron or Heat hater (I reserve hate for only one team) -- but I'll join the rest of the country in being a Cleveland resident for one night.

On December 2nd --  Ich Bin Ein Clevelander!!

« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 12:06:11 PM »

Offline nba is the worst

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 75
Im still waiting for breaking news of a minor injury to leBron or a stomach virus that will keep him out of the game. I just dont see how he goes into that stadium without something happening to him. As saddening as that sounds, I just think something bad is going to happen.

I agree - it's no better than 50-50 that he plays.

I hope he does, and that the Cavs give the same effort as they did in beating the Celtics!
 :D