Author Topic: Kings Have Shopped Thompson  (Read 7927 times)

Kings Have Shopped Thompson
« on: November 13, 2010, 06:43:53 AM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
The Kings have shopped young big man Jason Thompson, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Thompson has averaged just 15.4 minutes per game this season with Carl Landry and Darnell Jackson ahead of him on Sacramento's depth chart.

The Suns, Heat and Raptors are all looking for help in their frontcourt and could be fits.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70063/20101112/kings_have_shopped_thompson/

Maybe Harangody + Erden for Thompson? lol

Re: Kings Have Shopped Thompson
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 08:50:15 AM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
Hopefully Miami doesn’t trade Bosh for him.

Actually… Sacramento would make that trade  ;D

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 09:18:33 AM »

Offline winsomme

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 255
this is one of the guys i was looking for in the off season. Not sure how we do this now that we have three roster spots taken up by bigs that can't get PT right now...

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:04 PM »

Offline celticsmaniac18

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • wwww.youtube.com/celticsmaniac18
The Kings have shopped young big man Jason Thompson, according to ESPN.com's Marc Stein.

Thompson has averaged just 15.4 minutes per game this season with Carl Landry and Darnell Jackson ahead of him on Sacramento's depth chart.

The Suns, Heat and Raptors are all looking for help in their frontcourt and could be fits.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70063/20101112/kings_have_shopped_thompson/

Maybe Harangody + Erden for Thompson? lol

i actually reallly like this kid. mayb if he goes on a team that can actually winhed probaly put up decent numbers but i just dont see him mfitting in this season w the celts. we have to many big men but then again thats the only position that is putting up w injuries.

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 12:07:41 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
Avery Bradley and Harangody for Thompson would probably interest Sacramento.  Bradley would give them a nice pairing for Tyreke Evans.

I like Thompson.  He's very active on the boards, a nice pick and pop guy and has solid defensive potential.  He'd make a very nice Baby replacement in the likely event that Baby's resigning price is too high.  He's also far more likely to be useful this year than Bradley.
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 12:34:15 PM »

Offline Tw1x990

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 47
As a Kings Fan ( Ive had to suffer through every Kings game this year ) and Celtics fan, a Thompson for Bradley swap would be perfect for both teams.

Thompson, for some odd reason, is just out of the rotation right now. Behind Dalembert, Cousins, Landry, and ... Darnell Jackson. But truth be told, Paul Westphal is a dumbass.

A lot of Kings fans like Thompson more than Landry, who as a starter is incredibly one dimensional. Undersized for a PF and terrible on the boards. JT is a better all around player.

Thompson for the Celtics would be great. He is a full size big man who can easily play the 4 or 5. Super active and energetic. Can run the floor really well with Rondo or Nate. One of the better rebounders in the league. He has trouble finishing around the rim and his defense could use some work. Both those things seem to get better when a guy moves to the Celtics though, so Im not overly concerned. Decent shot too.

Bradley makes a ton of sense for the Kings. While Udrih is a good fit with Evans right now, Bradley could be much better. His perimeter defense is already better than anyone on the Kings roster.

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
I'd be excited to get our hands on him. out of position in sacramento, could be very good at the 4/5.

Not sure what it would take to get him; I have high hopes for Bradley's overall combo guard potential, but I'm not in teh C's practices. Now if there was a way to make the salaries match to take Garcia and Thompson for some C's package, that could be really interesting; Garcia would be a great g/f off the bench for us. Just throwing this out there, after 12/15:

Robinson and Perk or Baby for
Garcia and Thompson

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 02:48:07 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I'd be excited to get our hands on him. out of position in sacramento, could be very good at the 4/5.

Not sure what it would take to get him; I have high hopes for Bradley's overall combo guard potential, but I'm not in teh C's practices. Now if there was a way to make the salaries match to take Garcia and Thompson for some C's package, that could be really interesting; Garcia would be a great g/f off the bench for us. Just throwing this out there, after 12/15:

Robinson and Perk or Baby for
Garcia and Thompson

I'd do the Baby scenario, but I think the Kings have too much of a soft spot for Garcia to let him go in a trade like that (Garcia's having a heckuvva start to the year as well).  They don't have much use for Baby if they plan on keeping Landry, and they probably value Garcia more than Nate Robinson.

It would be a shame to give up Perk in a trade like that.  I'd only give up Perk for a veteran impact player (Tayshaun Prince, Memo Okur) that would add a new dimension to our roster.

We could get a similar player to Garcia in Rudy Fernandez cheaper (Baby, Wafer and a pick for Rudy, Dante Cunningham and Patty Mills might get it done)
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 04:25:59 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Thompson is the type of player that could be involved in one of the mega trades since he has a lot of potential.

but I'd love it if the C's could get him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
This would create unneeded tension in the locker room. Too many bigs and not enough minutes. For Big Baby sanity, C's shouldn't touch this. Any uncertainty could result in another emotional breakdown from Big Baby. He is too important to this team.

What about Donte Greene? He can be Marquis Daniels Back-Up. Von 4 Donte salaries match.

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 06:36:57 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=3xxlh4w

Bradley and Harangody for JT.

Avery could be a defensive guard to play alongside Evans, while Gody adds another forward for their bench depth.

Jason Thompson then helps by logging more minutes while 3 of our bigs are down with injury, and makes BBD expendable in December/January for a SF upgrade

And JT could avg between 18-25 mpg with the health history of our bigs, and he could eventually be Perk's running mate as KG decides to retire or come off the bench year after next

A Rondo,Thompson,Perk unit sounds great for the future to me.

Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I've never been too impressed by Jason Thompson.

Though I can't say I'd be too upset flipping Bradley for him, I have my doubts that the Kings would be all that interested in that however.

It does concern me he's stuck to the bench behind their big rotation. If he was quality you think he'd earn minutes.

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 09:04:53 AM »

Offline chenaren

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 25
The Kings are shopping Jason Thompson and the Hawks recently declined a deal involving the young forward.

A source with knowledge of the situations says Sacramento offered Thompson to Atlanta for young point guard Jeff Teague, but the Hawks passed on the offer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70100/20101115/hawks_declined_deal_for_jason_thompson/

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 09:47:11 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The Kings are shopping Jason Thompson and the Hawks recently declined a deal involving the young forward.

A source with knowledge of the situations says Sacramento offered Thompson to Atlanta for young point guard Jeff Teague, but the Hawks passed on the offer.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/70100/20101115/hawks_declined_deal_for_jason_thompson/

Interesting. I know the Hawks are high on Teague, but this suggests the concept of swapping Bradley for JT is not so far fetched, considering the Kings were turned down.

Since we've never seen Bradley play in green, I can't believe it could be done straight up. I'm not giving up Erden in that deal -- too much defensive potential. Would they want Harangody? Probably not. Would they prefer a 2nd round pick? Though it'd be low, probably.

It is a deal that could make sense for both teams from a make-up perspective. Thompson could be a nice fit for the Cs. His defense could improve a great deal learning from the likes of KG, Baby, JO and Perk.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 10:04:15 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
They should shop Thompson.  He is a decent young player, however, his value is probably as high as it will ever be, and he doesn't really figure into their future plans (nor should he).

The question of course is who they can get for him.  I think they would need to get something like a rotation player, and first round pick, or use him as part of a larger deal to bring in an impact player.

I really like how Sacramento has been going about rebuilding so far, and I hope they can make the right move with Thompson.

As for the Celtics trading for him...well, I don't think there is a match there.  Bradley is not a good fit, since he isn't really a PG and would duplicate Evans too much, and no one else has that much value, unless the C's were willing to send out Perk or Davis (which they are not, for Thompson).