Author Topic: New heat uniform ugliest ever?  (Read 6324 times)

Re: New heat uniform ugliest ever?
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2020, 04:51:16 PM »

Online hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
the miami outfits have a ways to go to top the top (bottom?) ones here.

the Dallas uniform in particular looks as if they are wearing large garbage bags. really.  :P

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29128502/ranking-bottom-10-jerseys-nba-history
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2020, 05:15:20 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it).

Lol. Commit to it, pal. It is.

Well, the reason I said "maybe" is not that I view pink strictly as a "girl" color, but that pink (IMO) just doesn't look good on sports uniforms. Men's polo shirts? Sure. But not sports unis.
An old wrestling fan here and I loved the Pink and Black Attack that was Bret "The Hitman" Hart and the Hart Foundation. They proved you could make a great looking uniform using pink and black and I am sure the right NBA team could make it work.

Maybe, but it's just not my cup of tea.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 06:12:30 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
I think i’s the ugliest uniform I’ve ever seen and it’s not even close.

always with the closed mind I reckon ...  ;D

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2020, 06:26:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Oh ....and there is the Miami Heat " special thong " in these new colors

Modeled by no other than Flat Pat Riley himself  :police:

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2020, 07:19:42 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Quote from: Zach Lowe
Since revealing the first “Vice” uniform in 2017, the Heat have sold more than 120,000 “Vice” jerseys from their team store and website — generating five times more revenue than equivalent sales from the team’s three championship seasons combined, team officials said.

Last season was supposed to be the last for the Vice theme, but money talks.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I've loved each of the previous 'Vice' jerseys, but this mashup is too much. Don't like it.

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2020, 09:48:37 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Ever is a long time.  I suggest going back in history and looking at some of the uniforms, don't look at the short shorts though.  hahaha

One that comes to mind are the Washington Bullets striped ones.   ::)

Craziness. Those are classic.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2020, 09:50:02 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Vice and Tampa raptors are truly hideous IMO.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2020, 10:06:24 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Here’s all of them.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/nba-city-jerseys-ranked-2020-2021

I don’t like the Nets or the Magic at all.  I like Indy’s return to pinstripes.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2020, 11:33:06 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
Here’s all of them.

I’m pretty sure I hate each and every one. Is this Nike’s or each teams’ doing?
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2020, 11:58:48 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Here’s all of them.

I’m pretty sure I hate each and every one. Is this Nike’s or each teams’ doing?
Nike

Adidas had way better designs

Nike is hiring interns to copy and paste bad colors and designs

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2020, 01:23:14 AM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
I hate the heat, so yes.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2020, 08:55:08 AM »

Online Kernewek

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 262
  • International Superstar
Not sure if they're the worst ever, but they're pretty dang bad. Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it). The regular "Miami Vice" unis are bad—I grew up in the '80s, love a lot of things about that decade, but the color schemes and fashion choices are not among them—but these are worse. It looks like someone spray-painted pink across one half of a blue uniform, or spray-painted blue across one half of a pink uniform.

But then, I already despise the Heat, and this helps me despise them more, so maybe, in a weird way, these unis are a good thing.

Edit: I meant to add that these are right up there (or right down there) with all of those wretched late-'90s uniforms that had all kinds of oversized graphics and color gradients, like many of the unis in this image:

And since someone else brought up '70s uniforms, I'll add that I much prefer those, as they had many more traditional elements than the late-'90s unis or these "Miami Vice" ones.

How do you put something like that together and leave off the infamous Pistons Knight-on-a-chessboard piece?

The heat kits are fine. Whoever posted the yoghurt is spot on, but they're fine.  I think ours are pretty garbage, tbh, but I'm also one of the minority that likes the wonky font kits from last year.
Man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much—the wheel, New York, wars and so on—whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time.

But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man—for precisely the same reasons.

« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2020, 11:15:53 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Not sure if they're the worst ever, but they're pretty dang bad. Unless "cancer awareness" is involved, pink should never be a uniform color in a men's professional sports league (sexist? maybe. but that's how I see it). The regular "Miami Vice" unis are bad—I grew up in the '80s, love a lot of things about that decade, but the color schemes and fashion choices are not among them—but these are worse. It looks like someone spray-painted pink across one half of a blue uniform, or spray-painted blue across one half of a pink uniform.

But then, I already despise the Heat, and this helps me despise them more, so maybe, in a weird way, these unis are a good thing.

Edit: I meant to add that these are right up there (or right down there) with all of those wretched late-'90s uniforms that had all kinds of oversized graphics and color gradients, like many of the unis in this image:

And since someone else brought up '70s uniforms, I'll add that I much prefer those, as they had many more traditional elements than the late-'90s unis or these "Miami Vice" ones.

How do you put something like that together and leave off the infamous Pistons Knight-on-a-chessboard piece?

The heat kits are fine. Whoever posted the yoghurt is spot on, but they're fine.  I think ours are pretty garbage, tbh, but I'm also one of the minority that likes the wonky font kits from last year.

I didn't put that together—I found it online—but you're right about the atrocious Pistons uni from that era. But no one can convince me that the Heat unis are fine.

As for Boston, I wish they would've stuck with this alternate:

For me, that's hands-down the best one they've ever had. The yellow hearkens backs to some classic Celtics eras of yesteryear while maintaining a clean, visually pleasing look.

Having a good-looking uniform is really not all that complicated, IMO, but some people can't help going overboard.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2020, 11:24:33 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Here’s all of them.

I see what the Celtics were going for, but it's just not working.  The spacing works ok on a banner, not a uniform.

I like Denver and Charlotte's the best I think.

The Clippers' Snoop Dogg font is a'ight

I like Denver's and
Yup