Author Topic: Carson Edwards has the “Fultz yips”  (Read 5696 times)

Re: Carson Edwards has the “Fultz yips”
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2020, 11:15:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
Edwards it tiny.  It is hard to get your shot off in the NBA when you are the shortest guy on the floor.
edwards has gotten quite a few wide open shots. he just cant make them.

i dont know what happened to his shot.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2020, 01:51:45 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3175
Edwards it tiny.  It is hard to get your shot off in the NBA when you are the shortest guy on the floor.

It looks rushed and he seems to be drifting to the side a little.

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2020, 02:57:07 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
I m very surprised too... How is it possible a second round pick, a tiny guy who make 36% of his college 3s is so average in the NBA.

::) ::) :o

Talking about unrealistic expectations

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2020, 03:02:02 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Maybe, he’s just not that good of a shooter.  He can get hot, he can make shots from very deep, he can make unbalanced shots, but he doesn’t make them consistently at a high percentage.  In his junior (his last) year of college.  He made threes at a rate of 35.5% on 10.6 attempts per game. In the G League last year, he shot 27.7% on 9.2 attempts per game.

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2020, 03:42:20 AM »

Offline Rikibellevie

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 282
No I guess it is uncomparable with Fultz as a profile, potential from college... Maybe they continue to "believe" in him because they signed him a 4 years garantie contract... It was a proof Ainge bite also after training camp and summer league last year and maybe they take time to admit their mistake. 

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2020, 08:08:47 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

It looks rushed and he seems to be drifting to the side a little.

Yeah, I agree, he's not 'elite', but he should be better than he is. It's like every time he gets an opportunity to shoot a 3, he thinks, 'this is the one - this is what's going to make me an NBA rotation player.' And then he blows it and gets really upset at himself.

I am surprised he was so bad in G-League last year, but I guess that falls into the OP's main point. He probably needs a change of scenery. Ever since his big pre-season game last season, he's only gone down hill. Seems like a nice, smart, hard-working kid, but he is never going to get much of an opportunity here. Pritchard and Nesmith have already blown by him. He needs a bad team with several injuries to come in and get some low-pressure shots.

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2020, 08:28:47 AM »

Offline celts55

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 572

We saw IT4 become a 29ppg scorer and MVP candidate. Edwards is bricking wide open shots. It’s between his ears, not his height.

Specking of IT4.... just saying

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2020, 09:25:34 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
He is not an NBA player..period
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2020, 09:29:01 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
He needs to go to Europe. Different type of game and likely more opportunities for him. The

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2020, 09:31:38 AM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Cut him.   Another Danny Ainge draft failure.

« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2020, 09:42:51 AM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
He looks James Young lost out there.
ok fine

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2020, 09:46:11 AM »

Online greg683x

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 585

We saw IT4 become a 29ppg scorer and MVP candidate. Edwards is bricking wide open shots. It’s between his ears, not his height.

What made IT great was his craftiness to get into the paint and score as well as hitting his outside shot.  Edwards has shown little interest in penetrating and scoring in the paint.  Comparing him and IT is ludicrous
Greg

« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

IT had elite quickness. Edwards has no elite qualities.

We have too many projects, and Edwards is at the bottom of that list. Unfortunately, Ainge gave him 3 years guaranteed, we're still on the hook for $3.3m, so we're stuck with him this year.

« Reply #28 on: December 20, 2020, 10:27:18 AM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1762
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

IT had elite quickness. Edwards has no elite qualities.

We have too many projects, and Edwards is at the bottom of that list. Unfortunately, Ainge gave him 3 years guaranteed, we're still on the hook for $3.3m, so we're stuck with him this year.

Dude, that's just not true. He definitely has elite thighs

« Reply #29 on: December 20, 2020, 01:20:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Shooters shoot more consistently when they get consistent minutes. Many shooters look worse than they are when they are playing low inconsistent minutes.

I feel like we're rushing to judgement here.

Judgement itself as to how Edwards has played so far is fine but rushing to a final judgement of kicking him off the team / waste of roster spot / never be an NBA player - that sort of thing