Author Topic: Frank Kaminsky available...  (Read 5983 times)

Re: Frank Kaminsky available...
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2020, 03:25:07 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I’d really like to pick up a few end of the bench type vets that can play when needed. Kaminsky is a low risk low cost type of signing. I do think the more pressing need is a defensive wing which would be filled if Romeo can ever get and stay on the court. Kaminsky adds some passing and is still a potential stretch 5. A Kelly lite. If you can sigh him to a non-gareenteed   contract it would seem like a no brainer.

Why a defensive wing?

I'd like a wing that can give some offense out there. We always have Semi as a defensive forward (SF/PF) if we need some defense.

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2020, 04:08:14 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I’d really like to pick up a few end of the bench type vets that can play when needed. Kaminsky is a low risk low cost type of signing. I do think the more pressing need is a defensive wing which would be filled if Romeo can ever get and stay on the court. Kaminsky adds some passing and is still a potential stretch 5. A Kelly lite. If you can sigh him to a non-gareenteed   contract it would seem like a no brainer.

Why a defensive wing?

I'd like a wing that can give some offense out there. We always have Semi as a defensive forward (SF/PF) if we need some defense.

I rather a two way player but I’d like a big wing defender so Jaylen and Jason don’t have to always be guarding the other teams best late wing. I did like Smart on Durant and now that Smart is taller.... ;)

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I really for a talent up grade for them late roster spots. If we had upgraded those spots last year I believe we would’ve gone to the finals.

Re: Frank Kandinsky available...
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2020, 04:27:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
His defense is unacceptable. He won’t be coming to Boston.
I think you nailed itis .

Sorry, but have you seem this team?  He's the best Danny can do and badly needed.  I never thought when Kelly O left I 'd be saying we could use someone to fill his role, but they've added literally no talent over the past few years to the team.

What off-seasons have you been watching? Because the above is just completely false.

Also, Frank Kaminsky is terrible. There’s a reason nobody wants him.

Sorry, but he hits the 3 and is a lot better than the stiffs they've got out there now.  His per 36 splits were basically identical to Haywards last year and he'd come at like 1/10th the price-tag.

Last year Per 36:
Hayward 18.2 pts, 7.2 rbs 4.4 Ast
Kadinsky 17.7 pts 8.2 rebs 3.5 Ast

They're going to sign him, because they need him.
More lame trolling.

The trolling is ridiculous and brings up a much needed feature for this site...blocking.

In what universe is Hayward equal to Frank? That is the most ridiculous hypothesis ever. Like saying a pebble and boulder are the same.

I mean... you're actually the one trolling... This is a conversation about Frank Kaminsky.  I brought up that his Per 36 numbers were right in line with Charlotte Hornet Gordon Hayward's numbers last year...

I have no idea why someone would love Hayward and hate Kaminsky when they'll basically give you the same production per minute.   

maybe you need to check your biases?

I'll give you a pass on the trolling in this thread because a moderator started it (setting a bad example for everyone imo), but I honestly wish people would do better and bring facts or stats to back up their opinion rather than just following the lead of the first person who starts labeling and name-calling posters.

You’re not trolling. I’m surprised that anyone would think so.
I don't know if you are sincere or are saying this with tongue firmly placed in cheek, but if you are sincere, then you are obviously unaware of IDreamCeltics posting history.

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2020, 04:35:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Kaminsky stretches the floor about the same as Theis does. Difference being, Theis is much more efficient shooting 2's, is a much better rebounder, rim protector screen setter and Theis actually plays defense.

The team already has three bigs they are trying to squeeze into two rotational positions. Kaminsky is not needed. I could not care less that he is 7 feet tall. Grant Williams, Theis, Thompson, Timelord are all better players and Semi hits threes more efficiently and is a very good and versatile defender.

There is a reason no one wants him.

« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Kaminsky stretches the floor about the same as Theis does. Difference being, Theis is much more efficient shooting 2's, is a much better rebounder, rim protector screen setter and Theis actually plays defense.

The team already has three bigs they are trying to squeeze into two rotational positions. Kaminsky is not needed. I could not care less that he is 7 feet tall. Grant Williams, Theis, Thompson, Timelord are all better players and Semi hits threes more efficiently and is a very good and versatile defender.

Ouch.

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2020, 04:42:31 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
I'm available too, if Ainge wants to offer me a minimum contract. I might be looking for a career change anyway. I'd be willing to try professional basketball for a while.

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2020, 04:47:15 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
I'm available too, if Ainge wants to offer me a minimum contract. I might be looking for a career change anyway. I'd be willing to try professional basketball for a while.

Are you 7 foot tall?

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2020, 05:06:08 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Why a defensive wing?

This kid fits the Bill to what I’d want to add: juan toscano anderson

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2020, 06:20:43 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
isn't he Gomer Pyles son ?

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2020, 06:49:58 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2020, 10:31:01 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

This to the infinity degree.