Author Topic: Should Teague Be Starting?  (Read 4942 times)

Should Teague Be Starting?
« on: December 19, 2020, 12:44:28 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Should Jeff Teague be the starting PG until
Kemba comes back? Smart isn’t a PG and he seems more interested in taking his own shots vs getting teammates involved. Might also be good to have veteran In there to stabilize the offense. Too much one on one and the team just doesn’t seem to play as a unit. Teague, Smart, Brown, Tatum, Theis or Teague, Brown, Tatum, Theis, Thompson(once healthy) and Smart as the 6th man. Really hope Green isn’t starting during the regular season while Kemba is out... Surprised Brad went with him during the preseason games.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 02:16:11 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

Re: Should Teague Be Starting?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 12:45:45 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Or Pritchard

Keep Teague in that 2nd unit to help the bench guys.

Either way, they need a PG in there so Smart can move over to SG and give that backcourt two legit ball-handlers to help Tatum & Jaylen. That will help the offense a lot.

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 12:49:25 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Smart was fine as the starting pg with Hayward on the court sharing point duties.  Without a Hayward replacement, I’d like to see Teague starting until Kemba is back.

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 12:50:51 PM »

Offline perks-a-beast

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 227
Yes, Teague should start.

It seems like Smarts point guard skills have really deteriorated to the point where I really don’t think he should be handling the ball much on offense.

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 12:51:18 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Or Pritchard

Keep Teague in that 2nd unit to help the bench guys.

Either way, they need a PG in there so Smart can move over to SG and give that backcourt two legit ball-handlers to help Tatum & Jaylen. That will help the offense a lot.

Agreed.

We have three PGs.  When the starter is injured, it’s nonsensical that neither backup starts.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2020, 12:51:48 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
With TT out I say Yes.
Starters
Teague, Smart, JB, JT, Theis

Main bench
Pritchard, Nesmith, Semi, GW, RW

Deep bench
Waters, Edwards, Green, Tacko

« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2020, 12:54:05 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
On a side note, Marcus seems to become more and more like Tony Allen.  Some nights he’s a top-50 players.  Others he looks like the dumbest player in the NBA.  Always tough, always a bulldog, and he helps win games...  but he also loses you probably more games than anybody on the roster.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2020, 01:03:09 PM »

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Well, that second unit is a disaster.  I hope BS don’t waste Teague’s talent with that second unit.

With Kemba out, I rather see him starting.  He isn’t the guy you bring for scoring off the bench.  Although capable, he isn’t wired like that.  He is the guy who settles your starting unit. A pure “pass first” point guard.

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2020, 01:08:52 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
With TT out I say Yes.
Starters
Teague, Smart, JB, JT, Theis

Main bench
Pritchard, Nesmith, Semi, GW, RW

Deep bench
Waters, Edwards, Green, Tacko

I agree with this rotation. We need another point guard on the floor. Although starting Teague makes you question who will carry the scoring load on the second unit.....my goodness do we lack offensive depth  :-[.

I thought losing Hayward would be problematic, but I was definitely underestimating the effect of both him and Walker (temporarily) not being available. Without another ball handler in the line-up our offense is incredibly stagnant, boring and predictable.

« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2020, 01:15:46 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1807
With Walker out, start Pritchard with Teague off the bench.  I'm really getting tired of Smart taking bad shots and missing as the starting pg.  I don't mind if he is wide open, however, if he is playing pg he should be sharing the ball.  Bottom line, I would prefer he stop playing pg, unless there is an injury. Man this team really needs some length at center!
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 01:22:09 PM by Silas »
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2020, 01:39:23 PM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
On a side note, Marcus seems to become more and more like Tony Allen.  Some nights he’s a top-50 players.  Others he looks like the dumbest player in the NBA.  Always tough, always a bulldog, and he helps win games...  but he also loses you probably more games than anybody on the roster.

Much rather have him than many other players in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2020, 02:10:21 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
welcome to the club.  About time some people start joining me on it.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2020, 02:18:44 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
With Walker out, start Pritchard with Teague off the bench.  I'm really getting tired of Smart taking bad shots and missing as the starting pg.  I don't mind if he is wide open, however, if he is playing pg he should be sharing the ball.  Bottom line, I would prefer he stop playing pg, unless there is an injury. Man this team really needs some length at center!

You really want an unproven rookie starting and running the offense. I don’t think Brad would ever go with that..
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2020, 02:28:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Teague defense is badd

Why did Ainge not resign wannamaker?

Because he was more expensive?

Wannaker 3 pt shooting and especially D are missed already

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2020, 02:33:19 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge

You’re right. I feel like he needs to take on a Draymond Green role and just play great D and find the open man on the offensive end. Brad needs to limit his shot attempts and tell him focus on getting his assist avg up. His poor shooting is negating his defensive prowess at this point.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 03:00:44 PM by Goldstar88 »