Author Topic: Tristan Thompson (Injury Speculation & Replacement Minutes)  (Read 7337 times)

Re: Tristan Thompson (Injury Speculation & Replacement Minutes)
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2020, 05:43:30 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2020, 06:02:50 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
If you listen to BS recent injury update on TT, he said that TT has done "nothing on the court" except for walking thru some game situations, and has not "played" at all since before the bubble.  Said that once he gets back on the court doing basketball activities it will take him "some time" to ramp up.  With the season only a week away and already halfway thru December, using common sense would only make one believe that he's a minimum of 2-4 weeks away from being part of the rotation.

Of course he hadn’t played since before the bubble. His former team didn’t participate in the bubble, and with the rushed start to the season and short preseason, this is to be expected.  It’s a sore hamstring, he’ll be fine soon

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2020, 06:28:28 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
ignored the boogieman once again in favor of good guys and small,ball,forever. .

CBS willgrown up one day ....i hope

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2020, 06:57:06 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
ignored the boogieman once again in favor of good guys and small,ball,forever. .

1. are you really saying thompson is "small"?

2. cousins injuries have rendered him a shadow of his former self as a player. he did not even play last year. he played in a total of 78 games in the two years before that.

i think thompson right now is the better nba player.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2020, 07:20:24 PM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Time Lord will emerge!

You could argue that Timelord extending Thompson's recovery time from his hamstring injury to get more playing time for himself is a bit unethical. Is that fair competition?

I bet Thompson was sure he would play the opening game and is just as disappointed as we are.

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2020, 10:01:23 PM »

Offline BackDoorCut

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 48

1. are you really saying thompson is "small"?

2. cousins injuries have rendered him a shadow of his former self as a player. he did not even play last year. he played in a total of 78 games in the two years before that.

i think thompson right now is the better nba player.

How do you know how he will play, we've yet to see him play in two years. I think he's looked surprisingly good in the pre-season to date.

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2020, 10:30:19 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Sounds like another Kemba Walker type of thing again.

Tells us not to worry, and then expected to miss a month. Next thing you know, he misses a few months and come back limping/nagging around.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 10:25:44 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Very good game for a guy who is probably not 100 percent

Battling Lopez and Giannis all night long.   I also dig the baby hooks. 

« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2020, 10:43:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Finally having selection of two of  three healthy bigs to throw in the middle with Tatum , Brown and Smart is an imposing lineup .

I pray for Thompsons health .  He is steady , strong and fills a massive void for this team .

He has played very little and been hurt .....he will only improve getting use to his new team . 

I was very impressed .

« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2020, 11:10:10 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
Very good game for a guy who is probably not 100 percent

Battling Lopez and Giannis all night long.   I also dig the baby hooks.

lol....yup i was holding my breath watching hoping he would survive that group .   His game IQ and efficiency have greatly improved .  Kinda amazing , considering how little hes been on the court the past year.  I very hopefull.  He moves so much better than Kanter on defense

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2020, 11:13:25 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Thompson did well, was a big help, even if he looked overweight and out of shape. He had zero lift. I expect him to get even better as he plays himself back into shape.

« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 12:44:27 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Thompson did well, was a big help, even if he looked overweight and out of shape. He had zero lift. I expect him to get even better as he plays himself back into shape.

Unfortunately in the last 2 years ... he has lost his lift from his earlier days.   Maybe if he loses 15 pounds, he can come out of nowhere to slam it home

But even without this "extra" he does have a 9'0 reach and quickly gets off the ground.   Still a very good offensive rebounder as we saw tonight. 

« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2020, 02:06:06 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

Unfortunately in the last 2 years ... he has lost his lift from his earlier days.   Maybe if he loses 15 pounds, he can come out of nowhere to slam it home

But even without this "extra" he does have a 9'0 reach and quickly gets off the ground.   Still a very good offensive rebounder as we saw tonight.

TT still is an outstanding offensive rebounder.

Finished 4th in 2020 in ORB%, is 2nd in career ORB% among active players behind Drummond, and is 8th all-time in ORB%.

« Reply #28 on: December 24, 2020, 02:32:46 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

Finished 4th in 2020 in ORB%, is 2nd in career ORB% among active players behind Drummond, and is 8th all-time in ORB%.

Sweet

« Reply #29 on: December 24, 2020, 04:45:40 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

that is pretty impressive...if he stays healthy Cs have a monster on the offensive boards. His presence is quite liberating for Theis.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2020, 05:57:34 PM by Ogaju »