Author Topic: Toronto Raptors  (Read 3957 times)

Toronto Raptors
« on: January 11, 2018, 08:55:25 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
Toronto Raptors are for real folks..everyone are talking bout Celtics or Cavs coming out of the East but I wouldn't be shock if Toronto does..
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

Re: Toronto Raptors
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 08:58:53 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I tend to agree.  We are all so over-worried about clev that the Raptors are a bit overlooked.  They are laying in on Lebron and the cavs tonight.  Of course it doesn't help when IT plays 15 min and is 0-10 from the field and they are getting clobbered on the boards 36-21 at half.

I actually think a Celtics - Raptors ECF would be very entertaining...

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 09:01:10 PM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
Not to rain on the parade, but I think they have played one of the easiest schedules in the league thus far.

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 09:01:29 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
They are loaded this year..seriously I see no weakness
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:02:47 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842
Without Hayward, they are better than us.

Neither team can beat the Cavs in the playoffs.

Wouldnt read too much into this performance. Cleveland has been BAD lately.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:18:45 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1469

I disagree that neither team can beat the cavs.  I think both of them could.  I get it, Cavs probably have another gear once the playoffs hit.  I also know that we are going to add a player with the DPE, and there is a good chance both Toronto and Boston will have home court over Cleveland.  We have a completely different team from last year.  Last year's team felt way more of an underdog against Clev than this team does.  We don't have to hide IT on defense, we have improved defense and improved rebounding. 

At some point Lebron isn't going to be able to drag his team into the finals, and it might be this year.

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:27:01 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
A cavs team with a Horrible defense having to win 2 series on the road is going to need a herculean effort from Lebron.

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:29:54 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2921
  • On To Banner 18!
They are loaded this year..seriously I see no weakness

Well, come playoff time and you'll see DeRozan or Lowry (or both) become mediocre and as a result lead to an underwhelming playoffs for them.

I mean yes, they are a true threat, they are Top-3 in the East, but come on, they aren't unstoppable and I still highly doubt they make it out of the East (and frankly, I don't think Boston does either, but BOS could still make it a series vs. either Toronto or Cleveland w/o Hayward).

Oh and if I'm not mistaken, we beat them earlier in the season WITHOUT Irving.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 09:31:31 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2906

Disagree. I think it's conceivable that both Boston and Toronto could knock off this year's iteration of the Cavs. In fact, I think that we should be considered the frontrunners right now with Toronto second. This Cavs team hasn't shown that this year's team can consistently win at a high level (i.e. their offense bail out their terrible defense) against the league's best, and they have yet to show that they can field a defense (especially a defense featuring such prominent points of exploitation) that is capable of getting them out of the Eastern Conference.

Both Boston and Toronto match-up extremely well against this year's Cavs team, especially in the backcourt where IT can not be hidden in Cleveland.

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 09:32:21 PM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
Toronto Raptors are for real folks..everyone are talking bout Celtics or Cavs coming out of the East but I wouldn't be shock if Toronto does..

Nah.  Outside of Valencunas they're too soft.  And we have Baynes to take his effectiveness out.  Neither Lowry or Derozan is good enough to lead them that far.  IMO we're more talented, tougher, and we always have the Brad factor.

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2018, 09:37:05 PM »

Offline Ilikesports17

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 842

Disagree. I think it's conceivable that both Boston and Toronto could knock off this year's iteration of the Cavs. In fact, I think that we should be considered the frontrunners right now with Toronto second. This Cavs team hasn't shown that this year's team can consistently win at a high level (i.e. their offense bail out their terrible defense) against the league's best, and they have yet to show that they can field a defense (especially a defense featuring such prominent points of exploitation) that is capable of getting them out of the Eastern Conference.

Both Boston and Toronto match-up extremely well against this year's Cavs team, especially in the backcourt where IT can not be hidden in Cleveland.
The word "can't" was inappropriate. I agree. Boston and Toronto could both conceivably come out of the East.

I think Cavs should be heavy favorites to come out of the East.

I will also say that both this Boston and this Toronto team are better than any teams lebron has seen in the East since the Paul George Pacers(when they were actually good) and I may go as far back as the '10 Celtics before you find a team better than either '17 Toronto or '17 Boston.
Quote from: George W. Bush
Too often, we judge other groups by their worst examples while judging ourselves by our best intentions.

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2018, 09:42:09 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 989
We need to get through the first-round first. Don't forget the Bulls nearly knocked the Celtics out last year.

It took superstar performances from IT4, Gerald Green, and Avery Bradley and Rondo out to beat them.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2018, 10:38:34 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
We’re +11 as a road team, second to the GSW.  Raptors are +5.

We’re +7 against teams with a 500 or better record, again second to GSW. Raptors are +0.

Raptors should be worried about us.

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 10:42:27 PM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
We’re +11 as a road team, second to the GSW.  Raptors are +5.

We’re +7 against teams with a 500 or better record, again second to GSW. Raptors are +0.

Raptors should be worried about us.

Exactly.  So tired of the gutless "We can't beat the Cavs" posts.  Grow a pair Celtics fans.

« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2018, 10:48:40 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 136
Cavs coach is the one that needs to be worried. That team has a lot of quit in it. Heart transplants can't be performed overnight.