Author Topic: How many Isaiah's?  (Read 1039 times)

How many Isaiah's?
« on: May 04, 2017, 06:42:10 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I never thought I would be talking about this, but IT has been tearing the defenses apart the whole year. He has continued to do the same in the playoffs. With NBA being a copycat league I can't help but wonder.
How many teams will be looking for another IT within the next few drafts? Do you think it will happen at all or the whole league views IT as an unrepeatable anomaly?
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

Re: How many Isaiah's?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2017, 06:46:48 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I think nobody would be actively seeking an undersized guard but I bet more GMs would be willing to take flyers on undersized guards like Thomas late in the draft.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2017, 06:50:44 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
I think nobody would be actively seeking an undersized guard but I bet more GMs would be willing to take flyers on undersized guards like Thomas late in the draft.
I agree, more will get the chance in the 2nd round and summer league. Not necessarily in the 1st round. Length is the thing after all. But so is the speed and these guys surely have it.
That's pretty cool for IT IMO, to open up the path for some unlikely guys.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 07:15:20 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
A Nate Robinson type outcome was probably considered when Isaiah was drafted.  The thing Robinson and Isaiah have in common is that they are both physical freaks in athleticism and strength for their size.  I don't think there will be another Isaiah any time soon, and I don't think teams will be going out of their way to project prospects into Isaiah's, but I also don't think a player will be totally ignored if he has similar attributes.

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 07:54:05 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
I think teams will take a flyer on short players if they prove they can play. Tyler Ulis has the potential to be a good player in Phoenix.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 08:26:27 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Not likely to happen too often b/c IT is a rare individual.  An "unrepeatable anomaly" indeed.

Who are the undersized players in this draft?