Author Topic: 12 Types of Pickup Ballers  (Read 19180 times)

Re: 12 Types of Pickup Ballers
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 11:10:39 PM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
i cant seem to place myself there. on comparison though i think its eddie house. but i can dribble against the press, and lost some of my touch after some stupd guy tripped me while im running full speed and then i injured my 
wrist         

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 11:43:57 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
is that a nerf hoop MattG? pretty awesome stuff. reminds me of slamball
Nah, it's a regular hoop lowered to 8'6", and a mini ball. We made like 6: 3 minute videos and a full length half hour mixtape, those games were probably the most fun I've ever played in.

« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2008, 12:09:29 AM »

Offline kw10

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 49
  • KG is da Man
TP4U, great read...until I realised I'm a combo of Antoine Walker, Jacques Vaughn and Eric Snow-sounds like the next Lebron huh?
Anything is possible!!!

« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2008, 01:59:31 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
I'm a mix of 1, 10, and 11. I'm not not tall by any means (5'11) but when I play pick up with friends or at a park,etc, I end up being one of the taller guys. If not the tallest, I have the largest build of anyone. B/c of that, I feel forced into playing down low, but I end up playing point or SG instead. I hustle like crazy, and i'm breathing heavily, but thats due to being out of shape lung wise. And I play D, but b/c of my lack of breathing, I end up staying at half court and calling for the ball.

Either way, that video was too funny. And the little kid, is soo true. There's almost always at least one kid that you see play and you wonder that he's great for his age now, but imagine if he was your age! I swear I played with a kid recently, probably 14 years old, but he was scrawny and hadn't hit his big growth spurt, so he was about 5'5, 5'6. BUT this kid could jump, hit 3's, and would pin your ball against the backboard or throw it at the bleachers if you went for a layup. Also funny that he physically looked like mcgrady, face and body type.
Can't stop, Rondo!