Author Topic: The scenario under which I'd be totally cool with Bron coming to Boston  (Read 2233 times)

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
This would never happen

Bron says he's all about his family these days. Fine. Great. I totally respect that. Honestly we need way more of that and I NOTE LeBron has NEVER been accused or caught with PEDs or a mistress or gangs or violence or ANY of that stuff. His biggest question mark is some of his leftist leanings, which to be honest....I have no problem with whatsoever. I'm not his father.

So ....he says it's all about his family. Fine.

I want to hear his wife say "We are well aware of the schools in the Boston area and that's why we're coming here."

Let's hear his kid say "The best private schools are in New England. Hook me up with Choate or Deerfield or Philips Andover or Exeter or whatever you got."

Let's hear Bryce be like "You guys stated the Revolution. You better believe I made Danny Ainge take me to Concord and Lexington and Bunker Hill."

Lets hear them talk about our hospitals blah blah.

Let's hear from the Jameses.  Till then he's just a basketball player to me.

I love myself some Robin Hayward and Mrs. Horford.  NOT the Jameses.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 04:23:43 PM by eja117 »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I agree with all your points, and they do validate my concerns since LeBron's main focus was about family coming first before he comes to a decision, but ugh... Another LeBron thread...
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
I agree with all your points, and they do validate my concerns since LeBron's main focus was about family coming first before he comes to a decision, but ugh...Another LeBron thrAead...
Not the same thing at all. This is a cultural deal

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd say if Irving vouched for and recruit James himself I'd welcome him. Irving doing that would make me think he is a good teammate and things are over blown from the media on James.

It's our job as fans to boo the other players and cheer our own. Sure Nets fans hated Pierce and KG and their play had to win them over. So I feel I can do the same if he plays hard for the C's

Offline mqtcelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 236
There might not be anything in the world I care less about than LeBron’s family’s opinions on Boston private schools.

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I agree with all your points, and they do validate my concerns since LeBron's main focus was about family coming first before he comes to a decision, but ugh... Another LeBron thread...

It's hilarious because since I believe June 6 (Wednesday), I think every single time I log on here there's anywhere from 5-8 Lebron threads of sorts under the "Latest Forum Topics" box. Even now there's like 5 (or 6-7 depending on how you view the Mannix and Love threads since people are also talking about Lebron in them lol)  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Not sold, Never is when I want LeBron to come to Boston as a Celtic!

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
He also said he will never quit on his teammates

Translation: BS

Offline celticinorlando

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 637
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Let him go out west

I like the Celtics the way they are

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
There are great private schools and hospitals in Cleveland (and pretty much any major city really).  So I don't really get the point of this thread.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Amelia Vega. Yes, I want myself some Amelia Vega.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Let him go out west

I like the Celtics the way they are

TP. I want to watch Lebron's slow decline from afar.

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 617
Interesting that eja brings up LeBron's "leftist" leanings. Here is the scenario under which I would be happy:

LeBron announces that getting a good education is the most essential aspect of American democracy. Becomes a relentless advocate for massive increases in education spending. Meets with New England college councils and collaborates to design programs to demystify the intellectual realm, making it more accessible to a wider audience. Announces that he will be encouraging Bronny to complete a full 4-year degree at college, along with all his other children.

Agrees to a vet min deal. LeBron announces that he is already worth billions of dollars, real and potential (endorsements). Further states that he sees this as emblematic of a broader social realization. "We need to look past purely financial incentives as the only way to calibrate our choices as humans" (or some catchy phrase like that). Says, "there will never be another Michael Jordan, Michael Jordan is Michael Jordan - I want to create a different legacy."

Becomes an independent Senate candidate for Massachusetts.

Becomes President (Terry Crews as VP).

Welcome to Boston.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Does he want to leave Cleveland cause the schools are bad?

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
his son is already committed to play high school ball at Sierra Canyon in Los Angeles.  When you are considering education for his kids, you have to think in the context of elite private high school basketball programs.  That's the high school Marvin Bagley transferred to.

The book smarts of Boston schools is irrelevant.  I'm not saying this as an insult.  What's best for LeBron Jr is to play for a top-level basketball school that can prepare him either to jump directly to the NBA (if the rules change) or to a premiere basketball College like Duke.