Author Topic: We are EXTREMELY lucky  (Read 7524 times)

Re: We are EXTREMELY lucky
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 08:08:45 PM »

Offline Quinn

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 28
Amen.
Practice? Whatchu talkin about practice?

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 09:07:39 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
Amen.

ditto

very good thread. thanks gandhi....

and for all those who have strong and different opinions here at cb, here are words from the "real gandhi"...

Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress.

Mahatma Gandhi
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2009, 10:49:34 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Very nice thread.  I agree, it's 1000 times better growing up a Celts fan, rather than say a Kings fan, or really any other franchise.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 12:25:27 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
For those of us that are a little (ugh) "older", we can remember a time in the past when all of our New England teams were great. But what I think a lot of younger people don't realize, is that there has NEVER been a time in our sports history that compares to the last few years ... the Sox winning more than one championship, the Bruins, the Pats in multiple Super Bowls, and the Celtics in 2008 and a good chance this year ... it really is amazing what has transpired for our beloved teams over the last decade or so. For those of us who were around at times of other great teams, we truly ARE very lucky, for no other one city has had the successes in sports that Boston has ... and there will probably NEVER be another that compares! All I can say is that, as one who truly loves sports of all kinds, there is no greater place on earth to be born and raised in than New England!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2009, 11:16:27 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3773
  • Yup
I guess this is a better place for this picture.  You gotta love how much these guys still love and enjoy each other.

Yup

« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2009, 11:29:00 AM »

Offline celtsrp33

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 281
SWEET!

Not sure how many of you have this Johnny Most book, but it is pretty cool - especially the CD.  My old roommate was from Detroit and was a big Pistons fan.  Me and my other roommate, who is also a big C's fan, would play the call of Bird stealing the ball over and over.  He would get so PO'd - it was hilarious!  :)
Owner of Make Me Some Bacon in CB FBB points and H2H leagues.