Author Topic: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)  (Read 31807 times)

Re: COD Modern Warfare 2 (merged)
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2009, 08:17:28 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
people seem to be down on the game as a single player game.  is it worth getting if that's all it would be used for?  I have heard good things, but I would probably only use it for single player, missions...

« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2009, 08:19:34 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
people seem to be down on the game as a single player game.  is it worth getting if that's all it would be used for?  I have heard good things, but I would probably only use it for single player, missions...

Honestly, probably not. Single player is about 6 hours long, total, and it's not a ground breaking experience.

IT's more a online shooter that has single player attached than vice versa. All the polish and replay value is online.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2009, 08:34:08 AM »

Offline cordialb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 15
I am pretty sure I'm the worst player in the world, but i'm getting better.  Its taking an adjustment getting back to the speed of console gaming.

Still trying to find my gun niche.  Right now, i'm sporting the Fal with silencer and holographic scope.

Cannot overstate how much coldblooded has helped me.  And the third perk as ninja is pretty hot too. The element of surprise, or more aptly put, the element of not being shot by copters or hunted down like a dog, has helped me stay alive long enough to get a little better.

« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:22 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I am pretty sure I'm the worst player in the world, but i'm getting better.  Its taking an adjustment getting back to the speed of console gaming.

Still trying to find my gun niche.  Right now, i'm sporting the Fal with silencer and holographic scope.

Cannot overstate how much coldblooded has helped me.  And the third perk as ninja is pretty hot too. The element of surprise, or more aptly put, the element of not being shot by copters or hunted down like a dog, has helped me stay alive long enough to get a little better.

hahahaha..that is exactly what it feels like.

I play almost exclusively search and destroy, and if you're the last guy and there is more than 1 guy left on the other squad, you just became the most dangerous game.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2009, 10:35:35 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Honestly, probably not. Single player is about 6 hours long, total, and it's not a ground breaking experience.

IT's more a online shooter that has single player attached than vice versa. All the polish and replay value is online.

I used to be the same way about any game besides NBA 2k10...as in I'd only play NBA online, and halo, or soul caliber or DOA or whatever...I'd play them only single player.

But COD6 (is it 6?) is going to change your mind about it if you devote one hour to growing pains. Once you get that first kill streak you'll never look back.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2009, 10:55:48 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55

I used to be the same way about any game besides NBA 2k10...as in I'd only play NBA online, and halo, or soul caliber or DOA or whatever...I'd play them only single player.

But COD6 (is it 6?) is going to change your mind about it if you devote one hour to growing pains. Once you get that first kill streak you'll never look back.

I dont even have xbox live...just the xbox.  I dont really want to pay for the online service and what comes with it, so I am trying to determine whether the game is worthwhile or not.  looks like i'll just wait a while and get it when it gets cheaper...

« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Without xbox live this game is good, but nothing ground breaking. You'll likely sell it after playing through it. I suggest you rent it if you aren't going to play it online. Unless you constantly have 2 or 3 friends stopping by to do nothing, but game.

« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:26 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson

I dont even have xbox live...just the xbox.  I dont really want to pay for the online service and what comes with it, so I am trying to determine whether the game is worthwhile or not.  looks like i'll just wait a while and get it when it gets cheaper...

just curious yall, why don't you want to pay for xbox live?

I've found it to be a great way to spend 4 bucks a month, I defiantly get my entertainment value out of that, both from online games like call of duty, the free demos, media compatibility, and netflix integration.

“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2009, 11:38:53 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Man, I don't know about your money but Live is only 50 dollars a year, and you can pay up front. You can either have a credit card linked to your account or buy a one year ticket deal.. Or even 3 months cards for like 20 bucks. Sometimes you even get free trials with the games.

If you've got an Xbox Live friendly ISP, just give it a try man. It's not a huge financial risk or anything

Could always get a PS3 and play online for free, but that's probably not a good choice.. Plus the quality of PSOnline is just lacking. Everything from the actual service to the people who play on there (no offense to anyone on PSO)

CoD for is worth a rental is you're just playing campaign for sure.. i wrote a review for it a couple pages back, but honesetly, and I feel like a geek saying this but I just spent the last 11 hours playing online.. From 1AM to 11am.. When you go on a huge role it's extremely fun and addictive.

« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2009, 11:44:37 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
This game is a lot less forgiving as far as staying alive. Running and Gun, my play style of choice, got a lot harder. Vice versa it's a lot easier to kill, especially the unsuspecting. Nothing funner than blinding siding 3 or 4 guys with a Striker :D.

« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2009, 11:45:59 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
The new fad is running around with a rocket launcher with danger close on and running around aimlessly trying to be a martyr. I want to hit every single one of those kids.

« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2009, 11:50:37 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
I just got the ak back, a pox on IW for making it unlocked at 70. So happy to have "ole bessie" as it's been dubbed around my boys back. I love the scar, but the AK with a silencer on it is still just a brutal gun for my playstyle of midrange shot or closer.

Oh bessie, they came and they locked you till 70
 But i got you again
 Oh bessie, you put down people so efficiently,
 But you mean i can't prestige

Dorky verse aside, man i missed this gun...just so good in close and to the mid range...I came up on a group of 4 people looking the wrong way yesterday and put them all down with the same clip before they even knew what was happening.... I <3 AK.

Seems that we both enjoy Massacring the unsuspecting.

;D

« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2009, 11:54:55 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!
Now that I got the M16 back it's all I've been using and I've just been destroying kids. Bringing back a lot of good CoD4 memories. Absolutely NOTHING better than a headshot across a map with an M16/Red dot. I love my baby  :)

« Reply #88 on: December 01, 2009, 11:59:46 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Now that I got the M16 back it's all I've been using and I've just been destroying kids. Bringing back a lot of good CoD4 memories. Absolutely NOTHING better than a headshot across a map with an M16/Red dot. I love my baby  :)

ya m16 users with ya fancy three round burst and your big words  ;D

I prefer the rat-a-tat-ta of the AK lighting up people at close to mid range :D

Kidding aside, i like the M16 too, just never been as good with it as i have been with the AK.

« Reply #89 on: December 01, 2009, 12:02:27 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

ya m16 users with ya fancy three round burst and your big words  ;D

I prefer the rat-a-tat-ta of the AK lighting up people at close to mid range :D

Kidding aside, i like the M16 too, just never been as good with it as i have been with the AK.

Crown45, right? I think I have you on one of my accounts. We'll have to play sometime.