Author Topic: Pritchard injury news?  (Read 4336 times)

Re: Pritchard injury news?
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2021, 06:02:24 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
This is about the best possible news we could hope for.  Dodged a bullet.

Get well soon, young man.

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2021, 06:07:34 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Out 2 weeks

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1353111746777649155?s=20
Maybe longer. On court activities could just be the start of light court work, shooting and no impact playing. He might need more time to get all the way back to playing in games.

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2021, 06:15:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Duplicate

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2021, 06:18:05 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Out 2 weeks

Maybe longer. On court activities could just be the start of light court work, shooting and no impact playing. He might need more time to get all the way back to playing in games.

Bummer. But it could've been a lot worse. Do the Celtics players get injured at a higher rate than the rest of the league? Seems like it.

« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2021, 06:22:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Out 2 weeks

Bummer. But it could've been a lot worse. Do the Celtics players get injured at a higher rate than the rest of the league? Seems like it.
Maybe it's just a day or two. Or maybe that does mean playing NBA games. I think we will know more when people on the Celtics get asked more. I'm just saying "on court activities" could mean a lot of different things.

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2021, 06:40:51 PM »

Offline lrybrd

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 18
Hope the prognosis is true.  Also, hoping someone lays Dwight Howard out on his rear as he was a thug last night.  Just throwing people around with shoves and hip checks.  Think the officials knew something may be coming his way as they started calling a bunch of fouls on him soon after PP’s injury happened. 

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2021, 06:49:44 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Out 2 weeks

Just going by games missed, we were better than average last year and the year before.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/injured-reserve/cumulative-team/

It may look different depending on if you weight by talent lost. But even there, think of the Warriors, or the Nets...in our own division the 76ers and Wizards have been hit pretty hard. Dallas with Porzingis. Etc.

« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2021, 06:58:51 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1649
Probably the best-case outcome here.  Good news.

« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2021, 08:03:35 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I will take it

« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2021, 08:27:25 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

I will take it
Absolutely.

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2021, 06:16:54 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Hope the prognosis is true.  Also, hoping someone lays Dwight Howard out on his rear as he was a thug last night.  Just throwing people around with shoves and hip checks.  Think the officials knew something may be coming his way as they started calling a bunch of fouls on him soon after PP’s injury happened.

That's why I wanted a big goon like Alex Len to deal with the DH's of the world.

« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2021, 04:55:24 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Wrong thread - my bad
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 07:46:16 PM by Amonkey »
Baby Jesus!

« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2021, 06:51:21 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Jaylen Brown has been such an amazing player to watch this season. When he first came into the league, I thought he had the Jeff Green athleticism where he can get to anywhere he wanted but the focus wasn't quite there. He has taken that all to a whole other new level. He has been aggressive offensively and defensively.

What I am liking most about his game is how he's got this beautiful choreography and 101 one moves that is giving anything he wants. He is two steps ahead of the defender with those pull-up jumpers or taking it to the hole.

The best comparison that I can think of (not in term of the actual moves but the approach to being taking those shots) is Al Jefferson, where you have all these different moves so it's just a matter of which ones will you use to give you the best shot. AJ was great at that with post moves and Jaylen Brown is getting to be great while attacking the basket.
i agree with all this.....and i am sure pritchard does as well.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2021, 07:47:42 PM »

Online Amonkey

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 203
Jaylen Brown has been such an amazing player to watch this season. When he first came into the league, I thought he had the Jeff Green athleticism where he can get to anywhere he wanted but the focus wasn't quite there. He has taken that all to a whole other new level. He has been aggressive offensively and defensively.

What I am liking most about his game is how he's got this beautiful choreography and 101 one moves that is giving anything he wants. He is two steps ahead of the defender with those pull-up jumpers or taking it to the hole.

The best comparison that I can think of (not in term of the actual moves but the approach to being taking those shots) is Al Jefferson, where you have all these different moves so it's just a matter of which ones will you use to give you the best shot. AJ was great at that with post moves and Jaylen Brown is getting to be great while attacking the basket.
i agree with all this.....and i am sure pritchard does as well.  ;D

My bad. This was supposed to be in the JB thread. I’ve noticed a couple times when I login and hit reply, it takes me to a whole other thread.
Baby Jesus!