Author Topic: Are any of last year's rookies worth trading for this year?  (Read 1606 times)

Offline __ramonezy__

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 62
I saw an article that said the Lakers were shopping Russell. We already know how intent the 76ers are to move either Okafor or Noel. A lot of the emphasis with regards to our trade discussions have been around All-stars or the current draft crop... but what about last year?

Okafor aside, are there any players that you see from last year's crop that could be less expensive but just as effective on our team?

The person I have my eye on is Willy Cauley-Stein. I think a package of Olynyk, Rozier and #16 pick should be able to get this done on a talent side. The Kings need a young PG and shooting at the PF to put around Cousins. And with the Kings doubling down on rebuilding around Demarcus, WCS would at most be a bench player... seems like a win-win to me

Re: Are any of last year's rookies worth trading for this year?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 10:21:39 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2673
  • bammokja
I believe cousins specifically said that he wanted WCS in large part because cousins doesn't want to play down low under the basket.

If my memory is correct, this would put a kink your proposed deal.  :P
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2016, 06:50:51 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Rashad Vaughn (traded for KO), Tyler Harvey (traded for Jordan Mickey - Orlando desperately needs a shot blocker), and maybe Dakari Johnson, imo. 

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2016, 07:07:02 PM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
Hezonja would be worth a look.
#JKJB

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2016, 07:09:50 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
The NBA is like the stock market/econ101: types of assets change value over time, styles of play change over time, winning strategies change, importance on certain positions, supply and demand at certain positions.

Ainge has said he will do what is best for the TEAM but he can only ACT if another team is willing. I think Crowder could get us the #6....which I would trade for D. Russell
The NBA is dynamic and it evolves and changes, many variables are involved.
The most current winning philosophy emphasizes:spreading the floor, the 3pt shot, a front-court that can rotate on defense and spread the floor on offense also run on fast-breaks,CENTERS must either be great defensively and able to rotate or they need to be able to spread the floor to a minimum of 15'. The back-court needs to posses enough speed to stay in front of their man or rotate on defense AND enough speed to pass the defender on offense. Also with the cap many teams have money, so a good player that fits the current philosophy is worth more than in any other time in the NBA.

The Current Market: red-flags players early, even as 19yo rookies, if they show inefficiencies in the current philosophy. Therefore, there's a large supply and a low demand of young players that either in time could improve or have been used ineffectively/inefficiently, either way there are players with low demand and in high supply  that will improve and provide great returns.

IMO Jahlil Okafor is extremly undervalued and he will begin to hit the 15'(which he was doing much better at towards the end of last season), improve on:his body and conditioning, defensive rotations, interior defense, rebounding

By far and away the best way to improve this team is to get Jahlil Okafor. Other players I would love to trade for:
Jabari Parker, John Henson, and #10
IT and AB

Smart and #10
Okafor and LAL future pick

Crowder

#3, #6, and LAL future pick
Ingram and Russell

And we still have the future Nets picks to barter with.

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2016, 08:39:16 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Do you think Mario hezonja will be better than the players available at 3?

Obviously Russell and Okafor would be great to get but I doubt we can get either for #3.

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2016, 09:35:47 PM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I'd happily trade #3 for Russell. He didn't have a great rookie year, but I think he would have been way better on a functional, Kobe-less team.