Author Topic: BC hires Cornell's Steve Donahue  (Read 13408 times)

Re: BC hires Cornell's Steve Donahue
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2010, 11:05:46 AM »

Offline Brendan

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 72
why don't you just buy insider instead of asking people to repost articles which is technically illegal.

I didnt ask anybody to repost, so not to worry.  Anyways, I think  this Alex Murphey kid could be a real steal for the program, is from MA, Number 10 ranked prospect overall, and his dad is a BC Alum, played basketball at BC, and is in the BC Hall of fame.  If we can't sign him we might as well close up shop.
The team will have to have serious incoming talent to land this kid. I think they have a shot because of the connection (Dad, local guy) - but look at the teams recruiting him: "Texas, Duke, Indiana, Wake Forest, Georgetown and UConn are involved..."

That's a real deal list of schools. Depending on how NBA ready he is (will he go four years? jump after one?) will matter too. I think if they can have a couple of other guys coming in he could join a super class. Especially if they are all good - great college guys, but unlikely to jump early.

That is another thing, BC as a school takes pride in their graduation rates of athletes.  I am not sure how kindly they would take it if one of their top recruits was likely a one and done kinda guy.  I think BC is really hoping he is a singler clone... But better looking.
I don't think you should care if a guy leaves early and gets a first round draft contract. That's a couple million locked in right there. I haven't made that much in ten years despite my elite GPA from BC.

If they care so much about the kids graduating, just let them come back to school and finish up after.

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2010, 11:16:03 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
why don't you just buy insider instead of asking people to repost articles which is technically illegal.

I didnt ask anybody to repost, so not to worry.  Anyways, I think  this Alex Murphey kid could be a real steal for the program, is from MA, Number 10 ranked prospect overall, and his dad is a BC Alum, played basketball at BC, and is in the BC Hall of fame.  If we can't sign him we might as well close up shop.
The team will have to have serious incoming talent to land this kid. I think they have a shot because of the connection (Dad, local guy) - but look at the teams recruiting him: "Texas, Duke, Indiana, Wake Forest, Georgetown and UConn are involved..."

That's a real deal list of schools. Depending on how NBA ready he is (will he go four years? jump after one?) will matter too. I think if they can have a couple of other guys coming in he could join a super class. Especially if they are all good - great college guys, but unlikely to jump early.

That is another thing, BC as a school takes pride in their graduation rates of athletes.  I am not sure how kindly they would take it if one of their top recruits was likely a one and done kinda guy.  I think BC is really hoping he is a singler clone... But better looking.
I don't think you should care if a guy leaves early and gets a first round draft contract. That's a couple million locked in right there. I haven't made that much in ten years despite my elite GPA from BC.

If they care so much about the kids graduating, just let them come back to school and finish up after.

I hear ya, but at the same time, look at places like Kentucky losing 4 recruits early and still didnt win a title.  At least BC can tout their graduation rate and still not win a title. ;)
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2010, 10:06:47 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
BC got a Monmouth Transfer today. 

Travis Taylor, 6-7, averaged 18pts and 8rb for Monmouth last year.  Probably nothing to write home about but cant hurt I suppose. 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/29/taylor-to-boston-college-fields-on-the-move/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=42530
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2010, 11:01:43 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
BC got a Monmouth Transfer today. 

Travis Taylor, 6-7, averaged 18pts and 8rb for Monmouth last year.  Probably nothing to write home about but cant hurt I suppose. 

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/06/29/taylor-to-boston-college-fields-on-the-move/

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=42530

I think we will be pretty good next year, or at least we'll get some young talent that will show promise.

This upcoming year should be a problem, since we don't have that many players on our roster.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19