Author Topic: I got mine  (Read 10001 times)

Re: I got mine
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 11:00:44 AM »

Offline JSD

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2159
Season Tickets, that is.

They came in today's mail, and they look great.

As we do every year, the Fat Kid and I sat on the couch and inhaled deeply of them.

We both agree.  They smell like a championship.

I got my Pacers season tickets about a week ago. 

They smelled like loneliness.  Like the interior of a divorced woman's mini-van, or the crinkled pages of someone's handwritten fan fiction where they teach the cast of Star Trek how to play Magic: The Gathering.  Like a "No turn on Red" sign, or a pair of Bugle Boy high waist jeans.  Like a prevalent Star Wars tattoo or a Yinka Dare jersey.  Like the Jersey Shore.  Like a '89 Geo Metro.  Like day-old, or even fresh, Pizza Hut.  A faint smell of Members Only faux suede and Just For Men mustache dye.  All capped with a musk of awkward spooning at sleepaway camp and splitting 10s at a blackjack table.

Smelled like bad decisions.

Brilliant.

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 11:12:18 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Season Tickets, that is.

As we do every year, the Fat Kid and I sat on the couch and inhaled deeply of them.

They smelled like loneliness.  Like the interior of a divorced woman's mini-van, or the crinkled pages of someone's handwritten fan fiction where they teach the cast of Star Trek how to play Magic: The Gathering.  Like a "No turn on Red" sign, or a pair of Bugle Boy high waist jeans.  Like a prevalent Star Wars tattoo or a Yinka Dare jersey.  Like the Jersey Shore.  Like a '89 Geo Metro.  Like day-old, or even fresh, Pizza Hut.  A faint smell of Members Only faux suede and Just For Men mustache dye.  All capped with a musk of awkward spooning at sleepaway camp and splitting 10s at a blackjack table.

This might be the greatest post of all time.

Is it to late for this to make post of the year list??
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 11:29:52 AM »

Offline MrTripleDouble10

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 67
Tp for that Pacers season tix post.  Agreed on it being the POY as well.  I got my Celtics season tix as well.  I'm ready right now.

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 11:42:21 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Season Tickets, that is.

I started this thread because I thought the same thing.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=32049.0

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Season Tickets, that is.

I started this thread because I thought the same thing.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=32049.0

If ChampKind gets POY, do I get the dime?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2009, 03:39:58 PM by FatKidsDad »
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 03:45:09 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
Season Tickets, that is.

I'm not sure if that was original material or not but it was gold - TP for you sir!
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 06:18:45 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
i got my season tix today too  :)

« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 07:22:44 PM »

Offline Jay G

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
I got one pair of tickets to the Spurs game in March and if i can go to one game a year it feels like season tickets and thats as happy as i can get.  :D
One Love

« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 10:07:47 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
Like a prevalent Star Wars tattoo

not cool

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 01:55:40 AM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.

not cool

Yes, exactly.

Thanks for all the TP love.  Appreciated.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 09:52:35 AM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson

not cool

Yes, exactly.

Thanks for all the TP love.  Appreciated.

well played

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 11:33:07 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120

Awesome post.
Celtics fan for life.