Author Topic: The bowling ball known as Marcus Smart  (Read 4067 times)

The bowling ball known as Marcus Smart
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:40:18 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Wow, this kid looks like he is on the BBD diet . I get that he has had ankle and calf problems, but he looks huge . He hasn't been able to beat anyone off the dribble , he gets a screen set for him and then passes , never looking to drive .

I am hoping this is just the injuries , but he needs to get into better shape this off-season .

Re: The bowling ball known as Marcus Smart
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:45:45 PM »

Offline oldtype

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 143
It's mostly muscle and wide frame. It also happens to be his biggest physical advantage on defense.

So no.

Great words from a great man

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
It's mostly muscle and wide frame. It also happens to be his biggest physical advantage on defense.

So no.

it's great to have strength , but he can get down to about 215-20 and still maintain his strength while getting more explosive.

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 10:03:31 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 977
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Wow, this kid looks like he is on the BBD diet . I get that he has had ankle and calf problems, but he looks huge . He hasn't been able to beat anyone off the dribble , he gets a screen set for him and then passes , never looking to drive .

I am hoping this is just the injuries , but he needs to get into better shape this off-season .
Yeah and with Jameer's good game, I expect Smart will continue to come off the bench.  Just doesn't seem ready to quarterback an NBA team just yet.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 11:20:39 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Definitely looks slow and definitely looks slightly out of shape. Doesn't look like he is operating at 100 percent, and if he is injured at all, they should be sitting him. Absolutely no sense in risking further injury do the guy they believe is the point guard of the future. By the way, Elfrid Payton, the guy who started tonight for Orlando, at this time, is a far better point guard than Marcus Smart.

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 11:29:56 PM »

Offline Jonny CC

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
"Bowling ball"?!?!  You act like Smart looked like Manute Bol coming out of college.  Seriously, give the kid a break.  He's been hurt so he's not 100%...what's the big deal. 
Before a game on Christmas against the Pacers, Bird told Chuck Person that he had a present for him. During the game, Bird shot a 3-pointer in front of Person. Immediately after releasing the ball, Bird said to Person, "Merry F!#*ing Christmas!" and then the shot went in.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:42 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't think he's a 100% yet. Its bad enough going from college ball to the NBA, but he's been hurt to go along with it.

Remember what KO looked like this time last year?

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 12:00:04 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Definitely looks slow and definitely looks slightly out of shape. Doesn't look like he is operating at 100 percent, and if he is injured at all, they should be sitting him. Absolutely no sense in risking further injury do the guy they believe is the point guard of the future. By the way, Elfrid Payton, the guy who started tonight for Orlando, at this time, is a far better point guard than Marcus Smart.

How about that, lol? ;D Ugh.

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 04:20:16 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I know he is learning. I know he has only played 15 games or so. But, he played 17 minutes against the Magic and did not attempt a shot. I don't get it.

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 04:26:42 PM »

Offline cb8883

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 52

he is awful Marcus smart is Marcus Banks reincarnated.

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2014, 04:31:57 PM »

Offline TheFlex

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 367
This thread makes me giggle.  ::)

Draft: 8 first rounders in next 5 years.

Cap space: $24 mil.

https://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague/

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2014, 04:33:06 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

::)

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2014, 04:47:25 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Give it up.  Think of something new to type.

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2014, 05:46:51 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
tps for everyone. it has nothing to do with this thread, though i do like the title.

but it has everything to do with it now being christmas eve. merry christmas to one and all. may you get many presents and a minimum of coal.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2014, 06:04:52 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I wonder how many people who make the Banks Smart comparison actually saw Marcus Banks play.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.