Author Topic: 2018 NFL Draft thread  (Read 12845 times)

Re: 2018 NFL Draft thread
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2018, 05:39:59 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Patriots drafted a qb

Etling from LSU
https://youtu.be/fVd6Vsu2gsY

« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2018, 06:51:29 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
Shaquem Griffin is everyone's favorite player now.

« Reply #62 on: April 28, 2018, 08:47:45 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Can't say I like this draft at all. And if people knew how good I was about football predictions on here they would be worried. This is a vadifferent draft overall for the Pats

« Reply #63 on: April 28, 2018, 08:56:14 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Can't say I like this draft at all. And if people knew how good I was about football predictions on here they would be worried. This is a vadifferent draft overall for the Pats

Next year’s draft should be killer, though, and they used some of this year’s draft capital on current pros who can play.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #64 on: April 28, 2018, 09:23:36 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

Next year’s draft should be killer, though, and they used some of this year’s draft capital on current pros who can play.
And I predicted the exact trade away picks. They were actually great trade downs/outs. My issue is who they selected. Other than Sony and Bentley I felt all others were big reaches.  Im pretty good at evaluating football prospects as betting and fantasy makes me $ through out the year 

« Reply #65 on: April 28, 2018, 09:24:20 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with how the draft went for the Giants.  I'd give them an A- overall.

They got the top prospect in the draft, avoided the mistake of drafting one of the wildly overrated QB prospects, possibly the best value pick in the entire draft in Hernandez (OL) in the 2nd round, a starter level OLB and DT in the 3rd, and a solid value pick in Lauletta (QB) in the 4th rd.

I didn't love their later round picks, but considering we're talking about guys who likely won't make the team anyways, it's only a minor quibble.

« Reply #66 on: October 08, 2018, 08:36:16 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Another first round in the books, another year of wondering what the Browns were thinking. 

Ritual of spring. 

DEN got Chubb gift-wrapped to them. With him & Miller, that's potentially devastating 1-2 punch.

I don't know a lot of college football in general, or this last season in particular, but it seemed to me that Chubb was the most impactful player available. Can't believe Denver got him.

And yeah, I can't believe the Browns once again spent their top pick on a QB, because that's gone so well for them in the past.

They needed to address the QB situation.  They had to.  Just going with Mayfield there at #1 was head-scratching.  He certainly would've been there at #4.  I just think they botched the situation they had in front of them (having #1 & #4) and came nowhere near maximizing the value they had there.   Ward over Chubb was eyeopening, also. 

Both of these kids may pan out in the end.  My initial reaction, though, is that they flubbed it again.  Who knows, though?  The crap really is a crapshoot.

Who would've thought the Jets would've fumbled their way into Darnold, though?
It is possible that if the Browns would have taken Barkley that the Giants would have either traded the pick or taken Darnold, thus leaving Mayfield for the Jets.

If the unlikely event that happened, the Browns still would have had the best player in the draft and another really good QB prospect.
Sure, but if they felt Mayfield was the best QB in the draft, they wouldn't have gotten their man.  And frankly I can totally see the rationale for a guy like Mayfield.  The accuracy, the high level of success (including big games), the control of the football, etc.  Really the only knock on him is his size, and two of the 5ish best QB's in the world right now are of a similar size (Brees and Wilson), so I don't see why that would stop you from taking him. 

Ward is the pick that doesn't make a lot of sense.  You should never be drafting for need (outside of QB) when you are drafting in the top 10.  Always take the best player available (again outside of QB), and while Ward was the best DB in the draft, Chubb seems pretty clearly to be a better prospect (and frankly a better prospect from a more valuable position).
I'd like to formally apologize to Denzel Ward.  He has been an absolute monster for the Browns.  Mayfield has been pretty good as well.  It appears the Browns may have gotten it right afterall.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2018, 06:21:14 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Overall, I'd say I'm pretty happy with how the draft went for the Giants.  I'd give them an A- overall.

They got the top prospect in the draft, avoided the mistake of drafting one of the wildly overrated QB prospects, possibly the best value pick in the entire draft in Hernandez (OL) in the 2nd round, a starter level OLB and DT in the 3rd, and a solid value pick in Lauletta (QB) in the 4th rd.

I didn't love their later round picks, but considering we're talking about guys who likely won't make the team anyways, it's only a minor quibble.
after the embarrassment last night, are you still all in on not taking one of the QB's, especially having now seen Darnold and Allen look pretty good thus far.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip