Author Topic: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7  (Read 136135 times)

Re: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7
« Reply #720 on: April 07, 2011, 11:14:51 PM »

Offline Original Creation

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5
lakers went 17-1 before these 3 losses. plus they have their core together

-spurs have clinched home court in the west

-miami holds a good chance of getting the 2 seed

-boston? most likely a 3 seed with more questions than any of those other teams
Miami has to finish ahead of us to have the 2 seed (not a tie, since we have tiebreaker).  We have beaten them three times this year, and will maybe sweep them.  And they lost at home to the Bucks yesterday.  In light of all that, please explain how they have a better chance of the second seed than Boston?

« Reply #721 on: April 07, 2011, 11:16:53 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC

Miami has to finish ahead of us to have the 2 seed.  We have beaten them three times this, and will maybe sweep them.  And they lost at home to the Bucks yesterday.  In light of all that, please explain how they have a better chance of the second seed than Boston?

if miami beats boston sunday..that will just about do it for the 2 seed. with what i saw tonight..i am not sure boston wins that game sunday.

« Reply #722 on: April 07, 2011, 11:18:03 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

if miami beats boston sunday..that will just about do it for the 2 seed. with what i saw tonight..i am not sure boston wins that game sunday.

And vice versa. I wouldn't bet one way or another on seeding.

« Reply #723 on: April 07, 2011, 11:20:20 PM »

Offline Original Creation

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 5

Miami has to finish ahead of us to have the 2 seed.  We have beaten them three times this, and will maybe sweep them.  And they lost at home to the Bucks yesterday.  In light of all that, please explain how they have a better chance of the second seed than Boston?

Even with a loss, Boston still would have a strong chance to finish tied with the Heat.  I understand your pessimism with the way they looked tonight, but you're letting it cloud your rationale.  The Celtics are just as likely to beat the Heat on Sunday as they are to lose to the Wiz tomorrow.  Too unpredictable to speak in absolutes, you know?  Just ride with it and hope for the best.  They are still the Celtics with Pierce, Allen, Garnett, and Rondo.  Many fans wish they had our "problems".  Keep the faith.

« Reply #724 on: April 07, 2011, 11:27:02 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
The worst part about these threads is how transparent some people's agendas are. Really? So we are losing this game this way because of Jeff Green?

And it would be incredibly helpful if all those spreading rumors about how Green is unhappy, wanting out, etc etc at least present a source.

LOL LOL it is so comical, i swear. All this doom and gloom
You know the reason why they are angry? For bragging rights, to tell non-Celtic fans how good their team is playing

Lakers and Heat all had their bad stretches, but they are still the favorites to win. But somehow with the Celtics its no hope for them smh..

you know why we are angry? because we love the boston celtics. for me they are my favorite of favorites. has noting to do with bragging rights.

but a lot of us see the issues with this team and prefer to not ignore them. they are not plating good enough basketball to win right now. that is a fact. and there isn't much time to correct it.

this isn't like last year. last year they had the majority of the team together all year...that allowed them to cruise. this year they are still trying to figure things out with 5 games to play. they have not looked good for the majority of games after the all star break. so there is some real concern..doesn't mean they are less of a fan...but the way they are playing right now...it is hard to see them getting past miami in round 2...

i have watched this team since 1981. through the good and bad..so don't you dare imply that i am some johnny come lately.

And Lakers and Heat are playing well right now right?? Lakers are on a 3 game losing streak, Spurs have been inconsistent and Heat keep losing to bad teams, but no one says anything!
See, thats where Celtics fans become irrational.

I think those respective fans are freaking out too.

Yup, so if all of the contending teams' fans are panicking then who's really at an advantage as far as winning? No one...

« Reply #725 on: April 07, 2011, 11:31:42 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
The worst part about these threads is how transparent some people's agendas are. Really? So we are losing this game this way because of Jeff Green?

And it would be incredibly helpful if all those spreading rumors about how Green is unhappy, wanting out, etc etc at least present a source.

You know the reason why they are angry? For bragging rights, to tell non-Celtic fans how good their team is playing

Lakers and Heat all had their bad stretches, but they are still the favorites to win. But somehow with the Celtics its no hope for them smh..

you know why we are angry? because we love the boston celtics. for me they are my favorite of favorites. has noting to do with bragging rights.

but a lot of us see the issues with this team and prefer to not ignore them. they are not plating good enough basketball to win right now. that is a fact. and there isn't much time to correct it.

this isn't like last year. last year they had the majority of the team together all year...that allowed them to cruise. this year they are still trying to figure things out with 5 games to play. they have not looked good for the majority of games after the all star break. so there is some real concern..doesn't mean they are less of a fan...but the way they are playing right now...it is hard to see them getting past miami in round 2...

i have watched this team since 1981. through the good and bad..so don't you dare imply that i am some johnny come lately.

And Lakers and Heat are playing well right now right?? Lakers are on a 3 game losing streak, Spurs have been inconsistent and Heat keep losing to bad teams, but no one says anything!

Yup, so if all of the contending teams' fans are panicking then who's really at an advantage as far as winning? No one...

The team who has the best mental toughness will have the advantage.

« Reply #726 on: April 07, 2011, 11:37:30 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Here's an article on Jeff Green wanting out of Boston.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/03/02/thunder-does-jeff-green-regret-not-signing/

Essentially, he was in the same spot as Perk, played chicken with his contract extension and got burnt.

Really makes the trade look stupid if both players wanted to stay where they were in the first place.

The article is not about Green wanting out of boston. That article is about the columnist saying that Green looked lost and wondering if he wanted out of boston.

This isn't the be all, end all article about it. Just the easiest one I could find but you still get the gist of what people have been saying.

I don't believe you have an agenda, but to be frank, I find it hilarious that the "easiest" article you can find doesn't really have anything saying Jeff Green wants out of Boston. Sounds to me you just misinterpreted what the article actually said.  I don't know if the guy's a fan of the Thunder or the Maine Red Claws or whoever, but all he's doing is suggesting the possibility that Jeff Green wants out based off his opinion that Jeff Green hasn't played as well as he should be. There's not a single quote from Jeff Green suggesting he's not happy, or from teammates, or from even Doc.

Unless you can find us these "harder to find" articles rumoring that Green wants out, I'm just gonna move on from that.

« Reply #727 on: April 07, 2011, 11:47:11 PM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141
Here's an article on Jeff Green wanting out of Boston.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/03/02/thunder-does-jeff-green-regret-not-signing/

Essentially, he was in the same spot as Perk, played chicken with his contract extension and got burnt.

Really makes the trade look stupid if both players wanted to stay where they were in the first place.

The article is not about Green wanting out of boston. That article is about the columnist saying that Green looked lost and wondering if he wanted out of boston.

This isn't the be all, end all article about it. Just the easiest one I could find but you still get the gist of what people have been saying.

I don't believe you have an agenda, but to be frank, I find it hilarious that the "easiest" article you can find doesn't really have anything saying Jeff Green wants out of Boston. Sounds to me you just misinterpreted what the article actually said.  I don't know if the guy's a fan of the Thunder or the Maine Red Claws or whoever, but all he's doing is suggesting the possibility that Jeff Green wants out based off his opinion that Jeff Green hasn't played as well as he should be. There's not a single quote from Jeff Green suggesting he's not happy, or from teammates, or from even Doc.

Unless you can find us these "harder to find" articles rumoring that Green wants out, I'm just gonna move on from that.

What's even worse is that the "article" is from March 2nd, after Green had played TWO games, where he didn't look comfortable. Maybe Jeff Green wasn't really ready to leave OKC, but there is no turning back for him. And I don't believe his struggles has anything to do with that. I would rather blame Doc for using him to much as a utility player, in stead of just giving him two clear-cut roles:

1. Backup for PP
2. PF-option when Doc wants to play small.

« Reply #728 on: April 07, 2011, 11:48:44 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198

The team who has the best mental toughness will have the advantage.

And I think that's the Celtics

« Reply #729 on: April 07, 2011, 11:53:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Tough loss, but championships aren't won in April.

Still many games left to play until June.

« Reply #730 on: April 08, 2011, 12:01:24 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

rofl

Dude you killed it with the Johnny come lately  ;D
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #731 on: April 08, 2011, 12:16:17 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
they have many more questions this year going into the playoffs than they did last year. health....chemistry...

How can you  honestly say that health was more of a question last year than this year?

Doesn't make any sense to me. Especially if you are talking about the last 15-20 games.

We were so so so terrible last year. This year as bad as we look recently we are 10 times better than we looked last year.

A big thing last year was "focus" do we look "focused" right now? I'd have to say no. Look at some of those recaps from last year and explain to me the difference

« Reply #732 on: April 08, 2011, 03:14:11 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well... I certainly didn't expect a loss like that. Frustrating because we played poorly for most of the game and yet had a chance to take the lead (and we actually did in the 3rd for, like, 2 seconds). Costly turnovers and lack of stops prevented us from taking a good lead. Overall, the whole team was off in this game, Ray was forcing shots (really forcing them), Pierce was - once again - well defended by Deng, KG was the only one kind of okay I guess.

Rondo was invisible in the 1st half and forced things badly in the 3rd, very disappointing. And I'd rather not say anything about Baby but Doc's decision to play him all the minutes JO should have gotten was mind-boggling and frustrating (Baby's role is to spread the floor and create some offense, he didn't do any of those things and yet Doc stuck with him while JO's D and offense were way better).

Frustrating loss, hopefully we avoid the b2b curse tonight.

« Reply #733 on: April 08, 2011, 03:57:26 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
And I'd rather not say anything about Baby but Doc's decision to play him all the minutes JO should have gotten was mind-boggling and frustrating (Baby's role is to spread the floor and create some offense, he didn't do any of those things and yet Doc stuck with him while JO's D and offense were way better).
If this were the playoffs JO would have played and gotten more of Baby's minutes most likely. Doc has said he wants to keep JO around 15min these few games. Then once the playoffs start hopefully more splitting minutes with Shaq.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #734 on: April 08, 2011, 04:16:21 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
"The Diva"

I like that.

Shouldn't someone have made a Disney movie about the "The Diva and The Beast"?
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson