Author Topic: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7  (Read 136132 times)

Re: Celtics (54-23) at Bulls (57-20) 4/7
« Reply #675 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline throwedoff

• NCE
  • Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 16
You people are ridiculous. If you're all so confident, then put money on the bull.

This Perk chemistry thing is really absurd. HE MISSED 99% of our season.

The Bulls wanted this one more.

It sucks and a I'm as p---ed as the rest of you.

Wait until we have the Diesel back and JO playing more minutes.

I swear, as fans of the greatest franchise in sports, you all act like a bunch of people who never watched this team before.

Its sickening. Btw LA lost 3 in a row, do they suck too?
The Bulls definently wanted it more wit the way they played their starters I still think we can beat this team in a 7 game series it wont be easy but they're not a deep team at all we'll be fine i'm just stunned by some of the reactions on here lls

« Reply #676 on: April 07, 2011, 10:42:58 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Chicago is hungrier and better than we are right now.

However, that's right now.  There's still a long way to go to the ECF, and hopefully we can right the ship. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #677 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:03 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
You people are ridiculous. If you're all so confident, then put money on the bull.

This Perk chemistry thing is really absurd. HE MISSED 99% of our season.

The Bulls wanted this one more.

It sucks and a I'm as p---ed as the rest of you.

Wait until we have the Diesel back and JO playing more minutes.

I swear, as fans of the greatest franchise in sports, you all act like a bunch of people who never watched this team before.

Its sickening. Btw LA lost 3 in a row, do they suck too?

please explain the last month and a half.

-lakers also went 17-1 before those 3 losses

-getting rid of perk broke this team mentally..

-do you really expect shaq to make a difference? he can't even go 6 minutes without getting hurt again

« Reply #678 on: April 07, 2011, 10:43:53 PM »

Offline JohnBagleyValueMeal

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 176
  • It's not hard to work hard.
The worst part about these threads is how transparent some people's agendas are. Really? So we are losing this game this way because of Jeff Green?

And it would be incredibly helpful if all those spreading rumors about how Green is unhappy, wanting out, etc etc at least present a source.

I get the impression before long the source for this will be people's vague memories of hearing it from each other. 

Crappy game, no other way to put it.  Bulls were more up for the game than we were, and Rose played exceptionally well even for him.  But we played very poorly and were still in it til the 4th, when we collapsed.  They were the better team tonight, and they deserved to win.

I'm looking forward to seeing this team in the playoffs, if they get past Orlando.  Should be a battle. 

I'm not at all looking forward to facing Chicago. Not after what I just saw. I don't believe the Celtics "didn't show up" tonight. I actually think it's worse--they showed up, but just weren't as good as the Bulls. I don't think I've felt that way all this season.

What's weird about the Perkins trade isn't that they miss the player himself (although Ray definitely misses his screens), but they miss the confidence/belief they had as a 5 man unit. I really believe that. Going through all these tough times while trying to teach new guys that just aren't up to snuff...I think it saps the team's confidence, where instead of knowing they're the best team on the court, those guys are constantly thinking "we aren't as good anymore". Even if it isn't true, it's in their heads just like it's in ours.

McHale's favorite ruse is putting paper in the mouths of sleeping teammates. "Try using one of these cocktail napkins," he said. "When just the edge sticks out of a guy's mouth, it looks like he's got fangs. The best part is when he wakes up."
-- Sports Illustrated, 12/19/1983

« Reply #679 on: April 07, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

I don't think it's an "agenda" necessarily.  People are frustrated.  Thus, pointed statements made about Green, Rondo, Ray, Pierce, etc.  A lot of folks are looking for an explanation for this poor play, and there are a lot of possible targets right now.

When Green is singled out as the main reason we lost this game and that we won't win a championship, how is that not an agenda?

Rondo, BBD and Pierce were all MIA tonight, and yet people here single Green out as the reason we lost? As the reason we will never win? All while spreading unsubstantiated rumors about his personality?

I am sorry, but no neutral person who saw this game would pin the blame on Green.

« Reply #680 on: April 07, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good
Chicago is hungrier and better than we are right now.

However, that's right now.  There's still a long way to go to the ECF, and hopefully we can right the ship. 

That will require getting healthy and coming together as a unit (getting back that fire, chemistry, etc) while also fighting our way through two playoff series against two hungry, talented teams.

Pardon me if I'm not optimistic.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #681 on: April 07, 2011, 10:45:57 PM »

Offline dlpin

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 183

He has affected team chemistry. Him and all the other new players brought in. FACT.

Jeff Green looks totally disinterested when playing the game. FACT. Which made me remember something I read on another forum which I clearly stated was rumor and NOT FACT. So I shared and someone said they also heard those rumors circulating. Don't like it? That's unfortunate.

Single him out? Who's done that? I will repeat myself. He is ONE of the many problems this team has right now. He was brought here to back up PP and provide offense. Our offense is as bad as it ever was. So yes when we lose Jeff Green will be brought into the discussion. Period.

None of those things are facts. The fact that you call the facts only makes your agenda more evident.

« Reply #682 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:08 PM »

Offline Green Hell

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 58
Here's an article on Jeff Green wanting out of Boston.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/03/02/thunder-does-jeff-green-regret-not-signing/

Essentially, he was in the same spot as Perk, played chicken with his contract extension and got burnt.

Really makes the trade look stupid if both players wanted to stay where they were in the first place.
Never stop believing baby~

« Reply #683 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:36 PM »

Offline ballin

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 105
Well since nobody else has pointed it out, I will:

Ray and Rondo sucked on offense, but how about JO? That guy is about 2x worse than Perkins on offense and a terrible, terrible rebounder. He demonstrated both of those points tonight.

To make a final point about the trade tonight, I'll leave you with this. Even assuming, arguendo, that we upgraded in talent when we traded Perkins, we completely destroyed our team chemistry. And I don't just mean that we drafted the wrong guys character-wise, I mean that it's ridiculous to expect a team to shape up into a contender in such a short period of time when you disrupt most of the team's roster.

« Reply #684 on: April 07, 2011, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167

I don't think it's an "agenda" necessarily.  People are frustrated.  Thus, pointed statements made about Green, Rondo, Ray, Pierce, etc.  A lot of folks are looking for an explanation for this poor play, and there are a lot of possible targets right now.

When Green is singled out as the main reason we lost this game and that we won't win a championship, how is that not an agenda?

Rondo, BBD and Pierce were all MIA tonight, and yet people here single Green out as the reason we lost? As the reason we will never win? All while spreading unsubstantiated rumors about his personality?

I am sorry, but no neutral person who saw this game would pin the blame on Green.

Who singled Jeff Green out?? I said Rondo sucked, and Ray and PP were non factors. I even said the only bright spots in this game were KG and that other kid, the other kid being Jeff Green around halftime.

It seems like you're the one with the agenda.

« Reply #685 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:00 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
agree with bagley. the bulls are just a better team. they are what boston used to be. the played defense on the Cs like i haven't seen in a long long time. i give them credit. they are the real deal.

i would like to play them in the ECF but it will be tough getting to them. miami is not going to be an easy out with their talent.

« Reply #686 on: April 07, 2011, 10:47:48 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25627
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Don't you get it?  Anything that's going badly right now will stay bad forever.  If you don't believe this you are just not being realistic. 

That said, don't you think it's fair if fans' confidence has taken a hit?  I'm skeptical that *any* Celtics fan is as confident today as they were two months ago. 

The team has largely played like garbage, so if some don't want to have blind faith, I guess I understand their logic.  I understand that others will cite last year's "switch", and that's fine, too.

However, I don't think it's fair to mock those who aren't as certain as they once were, no more than it would be fair to mock those who, before tonight's game, we're sure the Celtics were "back on track" and were going to sweep the remainder of the regular season.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #687 on: April 07, 2011, 10:48:15 PM »

Offline aporel#18

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 170
4.40 AM here. Ugly loss.

But we're not done. This was an statement game only for the Bulls, and they've played great D combined with NFL D. The Celtics never got away with so much beating and shoving the opposing team, but anyway, that's just a regular season game.

Blame it on Green, blame it on Krstic, blame it on the boogie... If Perk was still in green, he could've been tossed out of the game with all those BS calls. We better move on, the trade was made and Nenad and Jeff are Celtics, Perk is a Thunder right now.

Hopefully we'll meet the Bulls in the ECF, and it will be a totally different story.

And finally, for all those fellow Celtic fans who are saying it's over, just remember:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Good night. Go Celtics!!!

« Reply #688 on: April 07, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »

Offline Datruthtakesover34

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 9
hey man believe in this team its one game, i repeat one game, so yall need to relax, aight
Celtics are going to dominate this one. Show everyone once again that they don't care about the regular season and that they are ready for when the real games start.

Boy, I couldn't have been more wrong.  ::)

Message was sent......by the Bulls. Going to be an early summer for the Green.

« Reply #689 on: April 07, 2011, 10:49:16 PM »

Offline GrandTheftRondo

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 167
Here's an article on Jeff Green wanting out of Boston.

http://blog.newsok.com/berrytramel/2011/03/02/thunder-does-jeff-green-regret-not-signing/

Essentially, he was in the same spot as Perk, played chicken with his contract extension and got burnt.

Really makes the trade look stupid if both players wanted to stay where they were in the first place.

Im sure this will be repeatedly skipped over.