Author Topic: Charles Barkley  (Read 4782 times)

Charles Barkley
« on: May 06, 2008, 11:24:20 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
The man just hates the Celtics :-\ 

The man negated to give any credit to the Celtics defense "Lebron was just missing shots" "The Cleveland coaching was terrible"
The only color that matters is GREEN

Re: Charles Barkley
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2008, 11:26:57 PM »

Offline ma11l

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 233
  • Let's Go Celtics
I know he's anti Celts and that sucks, but me and my roomies flat out love the man.  It started with Frank Caliendo's impersonation.  We realized how funny his voice is and the things he says.  We sit here and laugh through every single Inside the NBA.  Those three have great chemistry, it's a shame Kenny is going to the wasteland that is the NY Knicks.
"Take this down," said O'Neal. "My name is Shaquille O'Neal and Paul Pierce is the (expletive) truth. Quote me on that and don't take nothing out. I knew he could play, but I didn't know he could play like this. Paul Pierce is the truth."

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2008, 11:28:55 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
The man just hates the Celtics :-\ 

The man negated to give any credit to the Celtics defense "Lebron was just missing shots" "The Cleveland coaching was terrible"
That was Ernie's fault more than anybody. Chuck was making a point about LeBron can get shots against this defense but that the Cavs coaching staff was calling bad plays. He wanted to stay on the point, Ernie didn't let him.

The Celtics defense was superb tonight and Chuck is right, the Cavs coaching staff is attacking it in the wrong way.

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2008, 11:29:10 PM »

Offline bosoxfan808

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
im going to have to disagree with you.

For the first time I have ever heard, Barkley gave the Celtics a HUGE amount of credit. He called Rondo "fantastic" and he said Paul Pierce had "great defense" and he complimented Garnett a great deal as well. I don't know what he said at halftime so maybe thats what you heard. But the post game I watched I was shocked because Barkley was actually giving the celtics a great deal of credit.

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2008, 11:30:20 PM »

Offline P2

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 162
  • Green 18!
He's just talking smack so that everybody talks about him. We'll see what he'll say when we enter Game 4 up 3-0.

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2008, 11:33:28 PM »

Offline JSD

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2155
im going to have to disagree with you.

For the first time I have ever heard, Barkley gave the Celtics a HUGE amount of credit. He called Rondo "fantastic" and he said Paul Pierce had "great defense" and he complimented Garnett a great deal as well. I don't know what he said at halftime so maybe thats what you heard. But the post game I watched I was shocked because Barkley was actually giving the celtics a great deal of credit.

I don't think you were watching the immediate post game...
The only color that matters is GREEN

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2008, 11:38:54 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
not to be a negative nelly, but i thought charles was fine. and at some level, lebron did miss shots (that last layup he missed was a gift)

did we have alot to do with that? you bet, awesome, awesome job tonight. But on 3 or 4 looks, he just missed.

And charles did point out pierce's great defense (i was stunned, a pierce complement ??? :o ???) and KG and rondo.

I'm usually on board with the "chuck hates the celtics" crowd, but i didn't see it tonight. He even had a line when someone said "it will be interesting to see the way both teams spin it"

and charles said "there's no spin, it's 1-0. Thats the spin."
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion