Author Topic: Rudy Gobert  (Read 16817 times)

Re: Rudy Gobert
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2014, 01:55:38 AM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
As the president of the Rudy Gobert fan club I just want to say that Utah (the fans)think there is a very good chance that he ends up being a backup or even out of the league in a couple years....so do I.

If we did Zeller 4 Gobert ...I'd be parting like 99'

They would def take KO or Sully for him but I am not too sure about that bc its still a gamble on Gobert, even more than with KO/ Sully

The only way it would work is if we drafted Karl Towns and had Gobert at center. That would be a legit twin towers front court . Towns would destroy other 4's with his skill set and height .

BTW Its late and I'm dreaming.

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2014, 07:17:38 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
He had a good game when it mattered but here are this stats for the league

http://www.fiba.com/basketballworldcup/2014/Rudy-GOBERT

http://stats.nba.com/playerStats.html?PlayerID=203497

One good game doth not a player make, just ask Exum.

t Gobert is the real deal.

He rebounded well with 5 points.  He only scored five points and had one block.   Not like he played well enough to be the second coming.  Got to love CelticsBlog kneejerk reactions, LOL.

I think Spain shooting 2-22 from three point land hurt them more than Gobert.  Heurtel and Diaw always kept them with scoring.   But Spains poor three pointing shooting killed them and Gobert did step up with some boards and a key tap.   But you make him sound like Wilt Chamberlain which wasn't exactly what I saw in the game.

I still think he has NBA back up written all over him.

I just read this from a couple of weeks ago, I dont think there is a knee-jerk reaction on Gobert. His stat like is 5pt 5rb 1blk in 16min in a tournament where he is probably one of the (if not the) youngest bigs getting minutes. Im not saying he is the second coming for Russell or even Mutumbo for that matter but I do think he at least hits the same level as Sanders or maybe Chandler. Not bad for a late 1st round pick..
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2014, 10:01:54 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He had 20 rebounds the other night. Some teams are going to regrett passing him over.

Snell, karasev for example both looking like busts

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2014, 10:10:03 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Green for gobert. Do it danny

« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2014, 10:28:35 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
You kinda need Dennis Lindsey to agree to that.  And there's absolutely no way he would.