Author Topic: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?  (Read 14057 times)

Re: Boston is Smoove's Top Destination?
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 05:57:39 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
no brainer - get him if you can.

« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 06:18:45 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
If you have a player that’s want to come in, then it’s much, much easier for GM’s to work out something. Look at Orlando for exapmle and what they got in return for D-Hoo...
Let’s assume that RR, KG, PP and JET are not on the ice and that Danny is working with Sully, Avery, Green, Lee, Melo and Bass (Collins is left on purpose). I know what you thinking, also would not want part with AB and Green, but you have to send something out to receive something. If we include some other team that that has picks and is willing to accept player with multy year contract, then yea we might work something out till the deadline.   
I wolud like to see him in Boston but under our terms and that means playing with KG and Pierce one year.

« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 06:19:13 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
We can't get him as a free agent, meaning we would have to trade for him. But it would be virtually impossible to match salaries without including Pierce or Garnett. He makes a lot this season and the best we can do is Bass, Lee, Melo, picks and cash, and we wouldn't have a full squad after that.

Sign and trade in the offseason?

He isn't the best offensive player out there, but he is still an impact player.

But I'd consider this very unlikely.

If KG knew he was going to retire, could he wait to do it after an off-season trade as a way of helping the team?

« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 06:22:26 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I think if KG and Pierce retire they will have more than enough to bring in J Smoove at about 10-12 MM if my math is correct. If he will play for that I say sign him up.

The lineup would be Rondo, Bradley, Green, Smith, Sullinger (I assume they would bring Sully off the bench and try to acquire a center some how).

Now is this a world beating lineup? Of course not. Would this team play very good defense, move the ball, get up and down the court and be a lot of fun to watch? Absolutely.
your math is wrong.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Huge fan, hope it happens, no max contract player.

Bold prediction: KG retires, Smith is his replacement, I would be OK with that. Smith will fit in our culture, he still plays hard and come one fix his shot selection and he is already 5 times better and less annoyiing. Rondo / Green / Smith / Bradley for the future, I'll go for it!

I think he deserves 12,5 / 15m a year.

« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 06:23:22 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
I know that we would have to send half of our active roster but they are all role players. So, if you have a chance to bring this type of palyer and pair him with those thee, then i say you do it a nd fill the rest of roster with cheap veterans and players from d league (just like miami did).

« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 07:52:16 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
Not interested in Smith at anything remotely close to a max contract.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2013, 07:53:07 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Hope it happens.

So this guy is a milwaukee bucks beat writer?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2013, 08:10:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Want Smith if Rondo, KG and Pierce are here next year to play with him. If we could somehow get Smith I bet KG sticks around next year. Not sure what the Hawks would want but I would be ready to send them a package with Lee Bass and Bradley.

« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2013, 08:12:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Want Smith if Rondo, KG and Pierce are here next year to play with him. If we could somehow get Smith I bet KG sticks around next year. Not sure what the Hawks would want but I would be ready to send them a package with Lee Bass and Bradley.

I agree with you here.  But if we do this can we possibly round out a roster for the rest of the year?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2013, 08:12:58 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Not interested in Smith at anything remotely close to a max contract.

He can ask for a Max but that doesnt mean he is going to get it. Especially if its from a team that he really wants to play for.

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2013, 08:22:49 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
The idea of a team built around Rondo and Smith makes my head hurt, particularly once Garnett retires. Grumpy divas who are best friends -- maybe they can do one of those Snickers commercials together.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2013, 08:25:45 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

without lee and bradley we are much worst team, even with smith around, na ah... i'll pass

« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2013, 08:28:51 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Although they're friends I don't see rondo and Smith as a good fit basketball wise at all

Smiths twice the immature knucklehead rondo ever dreamt of being, and he can't shoot

« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2013, 08:37:05 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
You guys are crazy if you don't want josh smith. Now if we're talking max contract then no but if he comes for a discount of course you take him.

And when is the last time we've had a player of his caliber, wanting to be a Celtic, while entering their prime?