Author Topic: Celtics Only Three Games Out of Fourth & HCA in First Round  (Read 1302 times)

Celtics Only Three Games Out of Fourth & HCA in First Round
« on: January 01, 2013, 04:46:41 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Now I know 4th place doesn't mean you get HCA ( see last year ), but my point is that as bad as we are playing, and outside of an injury things can't get worse, that we can turn this around and string enough wins together to get HCA in the first round.

If that happens then I will feel pretty well about where the Celtics are going into the playoffs. (Assuming we are healthy). See 2010.

Personally I believe this team has enough talent to beat anyone 4 out of 7 times and thus I think we have the talent to capture 18.

The issue is that the effort and intensity are not consistent. The talent is underperforming but the talent, again, is there.

My point is that while things look bleak we get to see the return of our comeback catalyst from last year in Bradley and three games back of 4th is nothing.

The Celtics can do this. I believe in them.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

Re: Celtics Only Three Games Out of Fourth & HCA in First Round
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2013, 04:54:06 PM »

Kiorrik

Personally I believe this team has enough talent to beat anyone 4 out of 7 times and thus I think we have the talent to capture 18.
Right now, they're not playing like they can. In fact, I've yet to see a game where they're actually all clicking together. The best games so far have pretty much been games where either 1 person (KG, PP, RR) took the rest of the team on their back and did most of the work on their own, or maybe half a game where they turned up the defense.

The lack of any great team games suggests that as of right now, they're not ready yet.

That's my view anyway. I think there's a LOT of work to be done, and though I won't count them out just like that, I won't give them the statement I quoted either.

I'd like to see a string of good games first.

Let's start that with Bradley's return.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2013, 06:30:51 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
The thunder game comes to mind.

I see what you're saying. We have the talent though and come playoff time we have proven guys who have gotten the job done.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2013, 07:59:37 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This is exactly why I am not worried.

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2013, 08:13:30 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Just to provide some counter programming, Celtics only half a game ahead of Philly for the 8th and final spot in the eastern conference playoffs.

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2013, 09:02:14 PM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
This is exactly why I am not worried.

yup, and theres still 2/3 of a season to go...if they can turn this around we are still in good position to make a run.

but it needs to start NOW