Author Topic: Paul Pierce at SG?  (Read 963 times)

Paul Pierce at SG?
« on: January 20, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
A thought just occurred to me as I watched our offense die (once again) when the second unit first came in tonight: do you think Doc would ever consider a starting lineup with Quisy at the 3 and Ray coming off the bench?

This may become a moot point with KG coming back and the C's possibly acquiring nate robinson, but it seems kinda intriguing. 

Ray is always an energy guy, night in and night out, and would undoubtedly provide that instant spark off the bench that seems to be lacking.

I'm not necessarily advocating this, just curious to know what other people think?

Re: Paul Pierce at SG?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 09:04:36 PM »

Offline scoop

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 74
No. Rondo+Daniels+Perkins in the same line-up would create unnecessary spacing problems.

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 09:22:16 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
Here is my thought watching this game.  Sit Pierce & Allen or bench the entire starting team.  Who cares if its a loss, doc needs to send a message to the team.  Obviously swearing at them during timeouts isn't working.
I wouldn't care if we lost every game as long as the guys out there are playing as hard as they can. 

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 10:15:43 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
My coaching idea:

Put Rasheed in Ray Allens position
Put BBD in Rasheed's position

What's got into Doc? Continuing to play the starters when the scores keeps dropping.

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 10:17:45 PM »

Offline Junkyard Dawg

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 51
I wouldn't care if we lost every game as long as the guys out there are playing as hard as they can.

I agree.  The Pistons announcers called it in the 2nd quarter, when the Cs were up by 5 or 6 they said "this game can be had" referring to the body language of the Celtics...

I dunno I wasn't just talkin about how they've been playing lately though, I'm saying that 2nd unit even when everyone's healthy, doesn't have a reliable, consistent scorer.  maybe nate's the answer, but from what i've seen we're gonna be giving up a lot defensively.