24 (19.8%)
Nets
24 (19.8%)
Clippers
6 (5%)
Other
12 (9.9%)

Total Members Voted: 120

Author Topic: The Kyrie Irving free agency thread(to sign 4yr/$141M w/Nets page 105)  (Read 145602 times)

Re: This is why I don't want to sign Kyrie
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2019, 02:58:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As frustrating as this season has been we HAVE to remember some things -

Gordon Hayward has been a SHELL of himself, mostly. He was going to be our GLUE guy - supposed to be a STARTER - not a SIXTH MAN...

This man - with ALL-STAR LEVEL TALENT - was SUPPOSED to take the scoring, facilitating, rebounding, defending - load off of EVERYONE...dude was  / "IS" that talented.

Gordon needs to REMEMBER this.

"WE" need to remember this.

As it stands NOW - we have perhaps our best big DEFENDER out until the playoffs or just before. That being Aaron Baynes..

We have Big Al taking some games OFF to rest...

We NOW have Tatum and Big Will out with minor injuries.

If Coach Brad Stevens is a BIG BOY - and I believe he IS - then he will take Kyrie's criticism constructively AND he will continuously COACH Kyrie and help him grow....

Kyrie is a SUPERSTAR talent. I believe that. But he has missed his NUMBER 1A guy MOST of this season....

Get well, Gordon Hayward.

He is perhaps our MOST IMPORTANT Celtic. We NEED him.

Help us Gordon Hayward. You're our only hope.

« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2019, 03:26:13 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
I just want this season over. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead. But this team is not much of anything. Blow big losses, no chemistry, Brad looks lost.

Get this over with one way of the other.

agreed

brad has shown time and time again, weak on discipline and adjusting. he continually allows them to jack up lazy threes when they are not falling with no emphasis on getting to the hoop or teaching them when to try something else ad stick with what is working. sure we have other issues also no doubt.

The word on Stevens is he has always been tough on guys but doesn't show it to the public. I think he's trapped. Kyrie is the lever for all of the stuff you are talking about.

The team is on a razor's edge with him, and he does not appear to be someone that takes criticism well. If Kyrie decides to turns him off more persistently, it becomes a full fledged disaster.

This is the problem with the league. Kyrie is a great basketball player, not an elite general manager. But because of his contract situation and the marginal power of superstars, he holds the short term future of the franchise in his hands, and there is nothing that Ainge or Stevens can do about it.

I see zero evolution from Kyrie. He's gotten slightly more awesome at what he's always been awesome at. He hasn't gotten one iota better at learning how to use his other teammates or run the team.

People are still insisting Kyrie is a superstar?   

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2019, 03:35:37 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I just want this season over. Looking forward to whatever lies ahead. But this team is not much of anything. Blow big losses, no chemistry, Brad looks lost.

agreed

brad has shown time and time again, weak on discipline and adjusting. he continually allows them to jack up lazy threes when they are not falling with no emphasis on getting to the hoop or teaching them when to try something else ad stick with what is working. sure we have other issues also no doubt.

The word on Stevens is he has always been tough on guys but doesn't show it to the public. I think he's trapped. Kyrie is the lever for all of the stuff you are talking about.

The team is on a razor's edge with him, and he does not appear to be someone that takes criticism well. If Kyrie decides to turns him off more persistently, it becomes a full fledged disaster.

This is the problem with the league. Kyrie is a great basketball player, not an elite general manager. But because of his contract situation and the marginal power of superstars, he holds the short term future of the franchise in his hands, and there is nothing that Ainge or Stevens can do about it.

I see zero evolution from Kyrie. He's gotten slightly more awesome at what he's always been awesome at. He hasn't gotten one iota better at learning how to use his other teammates or run the team.

People are still insisting Kyrie is a superstar?
Yeah, they are probably doing that because he is. Whether you like or hate Kyrie, it's pretty darn difficult to argue that in today's NBA, he is not a superstar.

He is one of the best offensive players in the league. Top 15 in scoring and assists. He probably is an All-NBA 2nd teamer this year.

That type of stuff, plus the brand marketing through movies, advertising, shoes, etc., makes you an NBA superstar.

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2019, 04:31:43 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

yeah i seeall this too.  Add in Gordons troubles.

i think alot of this stockpiling of wings  the poor attitudes ,  , no bigs is posturing for the run at Davis .  Basically Magic J. has done the same with Lakers , even with Bron it killed the Lakers . Its all about landing the stars or in our case AD. 

i still say. DA is going for broke to land Davis and the team knows it and they are having a hard time dealing with it. . I think DA is so locked in on Davis as the franchise centerpiece,   I think he does the trade no matter what Kyrie does.   

Think we will have Gordon and Davis no matter what next year.  Not one other player i would bet on being here .  They pretty much know he ll trade what ever it takes.   Which i think will be at least 2-3 of our best young players .

Their brains are just not focused as a team ....playing for each other ...its about uping their pay day for a signing with anothertean not named Boston . 

The AD chase has sunk the Celtics and Lakers this year.  Kinda Magics fault wanting to go to war early and land Davis.  That pushed everything out in the open and dragged Boston into too.

Then, that's on Danny Ainge, isn't it?

I've mentioned in the past he should've done something to improve the team at the trade deadline and he didn't.

« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2019, 04:36:42 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Gordon Hayward has been a SHELL of himself, mostly. He was going to be our GLUE guy - supposed to be a STARTER - not a SIXTH MAN...

This man - with ALL-STAR LEVEL TALENT - was SUPPOSED to take the scoring, facilitating, rebounding, defending - load off of EVERYONE...dude was  / "IS" that talented.

As it stands NOW - we have perhaps our best big DEFENDER out until the playoffs or just before. That being Aaron Baynes..

If Coach Brad Stevens is a BIG BOY - and I believe he IS - then he will take Kyrie's criticism constructively AND he will continuously COACH Kyrie and help him grow....

Kyrie is a SUPERSTAR talent. I believe that. But he has missed his NUMBER 1A guy MOST of this season....

Or perhaps Hayward isn't as good as some think. Because whenever he's played this season, a majority of that time, he's looked lost.

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2019, 04:42:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

yeah i seeall this too.  Add in Gordons troubles.

i think alot of this stockpiling of wings  the poor attitudes ,  , no bigs is posturing for the run at Davis .  Basically Magic J. has done the same with Lakers , even with Bron it killed the Lakers . Its all about landing the stars or in our case AD. 

i still say. DA is going for broke to land Davis and the team knows it and they are having a hard time dealing with it. . I think DA is so locked in on Davis as the franchise centerpiece,   I think he does the trade no matter what Kyrie does.   

Think we will have Gordon and Davis no matter what next year.  Not one other player i would bet on being here .  They pretty much know he ll trade what ever it takes.   Which i think will be at least 2-3 of our best young players .

Their brains are just not focused as a team ....playing for each other ...its about uping their pay day for a signing with anothertean not named Boston . 

The AD chase has sunk the Celtics and Lakers this year.  Kinda Magics fault wanting to go to war early and land Davis.  That pushed everything out in the open and dragged Boston into too.

Then, that's on Danny Ainge, isn't it?

I've mentioned in the past he should've done something to improve the team at the trade deadline and he didn't.
Danny publically mentioned that he wouldn't be making any moves because there just wasn't upgrades out there to trade for that was worth the price of the trade. Trades take two to make and if you want to upgrade a rotation player, it's costing you other assets as well, assets Danny might need in a trade for Davis.

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2019, 04:44:12 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

Or perhaps Hayward isn't as good as some think. Because whenever he's played this season, a majority of that time, he's looked lost.

Oh, Gordon Hayward "IS" a great player - he has shown flashes of it this season, alone.

He has figured - by my rough estimates - to have positively impacted about 5-10 of our wins this season. This is a man coming off of a SIGNIFICANT injury, mind you.

What we've seen with him THIS SEASON is not the Gordon Hayward we've seen in Utah. He WILL be back.

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2019, 10:05:50 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Unless Kyrie is going to play properly in the playoffs

No interest in resigning him

He doesnt know how to win leading a team. A far better robin than batman

Liability on the defensive end late in games

Doesnt pass the ball with less than 3 min left....  look at me everybody mentality

everybody should pass more. that i agree with

but THANK GOD you are nowhere near this organizations front office
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

Yes.  I've rooted for the C's since the late '60's and I absolutely hate this team.  The team loses on a 30-5 run and the team's leader blames the coach?  Kyrie Irving is a POS.

LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2019, 10:15:05 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Yes.  I've rooted for the C's since the late '60's and I absolutely hate this team.  The team loses on a 30-5 run and the team's leader blames the coach?  Kyrie Irving is a POS.
Rofl. Fans like this are why he's going to leave, and why players will stop wanting to sign here.

Some of the posts I see here make me truly ashamed of this fanbase
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2019, 10:29:58 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I have no interest in letting Brad Stevens further sabotage our season, and have every intention of keeping Kyrie around.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2019, 10:43:01 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Kyrie is a great offensive talent.

He hasn't demonstrated so far with the Celts that he's a great player.   Things were pretty good last year, but he missed the playoffs and didn't have the chance to show what he could do as the best player in those circumstances.

This year, he hasn't been able to elevate the talent around him. And I think there are plenty of reasons to believe his off court stuff has hurt team chemistry, or at least been a major contributing factor to the awful chemistry that has torpedoed the team.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2019, 10:44:14 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I have no interest in letting Brad Stevens further sabotage our season, and have every intention of keeping Kyrie around.

silly kyrie fan don't you know it's kyrie's fault everyone on the team believes every jump shot is worth 50 pts.

it must be right? otherwise I don't know why we settle and run plays to get so many.

« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2019, 10:46:47 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Kyrie is a great offensive talent.

He hasn't demonstrated so far with the Celts that he's a great player.   Things were pretty good last year, but he missed the playoffs and didn't have the chance to show it in the playoffs.

This year, he hasn't been able to elevate the talent around him. And I think there are plenty of reasons to believe his off court stuff has hurt team chemistry, or at least been a major contributing factor to the awful chemistry that has torpedoed the team.
He's already proved he's a great player in the multiple finals he's been in. Whether he's a great leader is what the question should be.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2019, 10:49:06 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
start of the 3rd qrtr. we took like 5 jump shots, the very 1st play we ran was a pick n' pop between kyrie and morris in which morris shot and missed a 3.

ironically enough we finally scored when we went to the basket.

the coach allows this team to take too many jump shots. we don't go to the basket enough - his offensive philosophy is putrid