Author Topic: Lol at Blakely's latest mock  (Read 6344 times)

Re: Lol at Blakely's latest mock
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2015, 09:38:18 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
On one hand it is really embarassing that Blakley keeps making mistakes on his mock. However, I view him as more of a talking head who says inflamatory stuff to cause discussion than a writer with actual knowledge.

Shouldn't he have an editor to catch this stuff?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2015, 09:41:59 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
Looks like ol' Sherrod went back and tried to pull a Chad Ford by correcting Mudiay's 'school' ::) and Trey, instead of Tyler, Lyles, but he still didn't notice the Jordan Mackey error?  Ahaha ;D. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for us meddling kids, lol ;D.

fixing errors is not the same as editing past drafts to deceive people about your talent scouting acumen.

At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2015, 09:43:48 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
I would LOVE it if the Lakers took Stanley Johnson #4 overall, passing on Winslow, but I don't think even they are that dumb...

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »

Offline Al91

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 18
I think you guys will get a good laugh out of this.  Even for him, this is atrocious.  My personal favorites are his writing that Mudiay went to Kentucky ::) ;D, it's Tyler Lyles, not Trey ;D,

No, it's Trey.
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/trey-lyles

Mock Drafts in general are funny though. Anyone can make them and virtually no one has any idea who will really be picked in what position until draft night. I can't waste my time with Mock Drafts moving forward until Draft Night with all the trades that will go down thus making work like Blakely's kind of useless.
Long-form is far from dead, but please refrain from paragraph-laden posts! Who wants to read that?!

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2015, 11:09:47 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
I think you guys will get a good laugh out of this.  Even for him, this is atrocious.  My personal favorites are his writing that Mudiay went to Kentucky ::) ;D, it's Tyler Lyles, not Trey ;D,

No, it's Trey.

I think that's the joke, bro

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2015, 11:13:14 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

No, it's Trey.

Mock Drafts in general are funny though. Anyone can make them and virtually no one has any idea who will really be picked in what position until draft night. I can't waste my time with Mock Drafts moving forward until Draft Night with all the trades that will go down thus making work like Blakely's kind of useless.

Lol he knows it's Trey, Blakely didn't.

They are called mock for a reason. Doesn't require any skill at all. He made mistakes and fixed them, let 'em gooooooo.
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2015, 11:23:09 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
How does Blakely keep his job?

He is Ainge's smokescreen?  I have never seen a less informed insider.
or outsider for that matter

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2015, 11:28:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
I think you guys will get a good laugh out of this.  Even for him, this is atrocious.  My personal favorites are his writing that Mudiay went to Kentucky ::) ;D, it's Tyler Lyles, not Trey ;D, and that Olivier Hanlan is going to be taken in the first round (30th, but still).  Was Sherrod drunk when he wrote this?  Anyway, enjoy, ahaha ;D -

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/sherrod-blakely-nba-mock-draft-2.0-post-combine-move-ment

Omg lol

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2015, 10:16:05 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Okay, for some reason I can't see the comments under his 'mock 3.0' ::) at the moment, so you'll have to investigate for yourself, but still, this just keeps getting better, lol ;D. Apparently, not only he just flat out forget Kelly Oubre, but he still listed Jordan Mackey, ahaha ;D. Upon correcting his mistakes, however, Sherrod opted to not list Mackey ;) ::) ;D at all, haha ;D. Wow.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-30-lottery-set

and I decided to make a meme with the photo below, but since I can't upload it on here, above his head I wrote, "A. Sherrod Blakely Be Like," followed by this under the microphone, "Jordan Mackey." ;D

Unbelievable.  This guy puts the mock in mock draft, lol ;D.

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2015, 10:19:40 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Looks like ol' Sherrod went back and tried to pull a Chad Ford by correcting Mudiay's 'school' ::) and Trey, instead of Tyler, Lyles, but he still didn't notice the Jordan Mackey error?  Ahaha ;D. And he would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for us meddling kids, lol ;D.

fixing errors is not the same as editing past drafts to deceive people about your talent scouting acumen.

Right, except that both guys are still attempting to correct their screw ups after their pieces have been published, and besides, in Sherrod's case, is that not what editors and rough drafts are for?  Blakely would be outstanding for the Daily Mail, lol ;D.

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2015, 10:32:00 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Okay, for some reason I can't see the comments under his 'mock 3.0' ::) at the moment, so you'll have to investigate for yourself, but still, this just keeps getting better, lol ;D. Apparently, not only he just flat out forget Kelly Oubre, but he still listed Jordan Mackey, ahaha ;D. Upon correcting his mistakes, however, Sherrod opted to not list Mackey ;) ::) ;D at all, haha ;D. Wow.

Here's the link to the article - http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-30-lottery-set

and I decided to make a meme with the photo below, but since I can't upload it on here, above his head I wrote, "A. Sherrod Blakely Be Like," followed by this under the microphone, "Jordan Mackey." ;D

Unbelievable.  This guy puts the mock in mock draft, lol ;D.

He has the potential to be as great as Willie Maye was during his tenure.