Author Topic: A. Sherrod Blakely - Celtics to view Embiid's medical records  (Read 10904 times)

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Well, some of them, anyway -

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/celtics-view-embiids-medical-records

WALTHAM, Mass. ? Only a select number of teams will get a glimpse at Joel Embiid's medical records and the Celtics will apparently be one of them, according to a league source.

Embiid underwent surgery on Friday to repair a fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot, an injury that will sideline him for at least four months.

Boston, which has the Nos. 6 and 17 picks in the first round of the NBA Draft on Thursday night, is expected to get some information relative to Embiid's most recent injury, but full access to his medical records is unlikely.

Sherrod isn't exactly Marc Spears (miss that guy), and the title of the article is misleading, but it's still an interesting development.  Have you guys seen his most recent mock draft?  It's so off it's hilarious.  He has Orlando taking Vonleh and Utah taking Randle.  WOW :o  Can I have his job?  Smart drops to the Lakers, btw.  Yeah, right.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-100-cs-take-chance-embiid

Re: A. Sherrod Blakely - Celtics to view Embiid's medical records
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 11:18:30 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
This is awesome news and exactly what I was waiting to hear. Now all we need them is to deny Utah and Orlando the medical records and he falls right into our lap.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 11:21:33 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
"celtics to view Embiid's medical records." ...

"full access to medical records is unlikely."

Uhm. What. Well that's misleading.

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 01:50:23 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Isn't withholding some information normal? at least they are willing to share some with us
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 01:51:27 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji
This is awesome news and exactly what I was waiting to hear. Now all we need them is to deny Utah and Orlando the medical records and he falls right into our lap.

Let's just hope that Boston receives enough information to be able to make an informed decision, or as close to one as possible.  I'm not sure that anyone has a clue right now as to what's going on with Embiid.

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:13 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501

WALTHAM, Mass. ? Only a select number of teams will get a glimpse at Joel Embiid's medical records and the Celtics will apparently be one of them, according to a league source.

Embiid underwent surgery on Friday to repair a fracture to the navicular bone in his right foot, an injury that will sideline him for at least four months.

Boston, which has the Nos. 6 and 17 picks in the first round of the NBA Draft on Thursday night, is expected to get some information relative to Embiid's most recent injury, but full access to his medical records is unlikely.

Sherrod isn't exactly Marc Spears (miss that guy), and the title of the article is misleading, but it's still an interesting development.  Have you guys seen his most recent mock draft?  It's so off it's hilarious.  He has Orlando taking Vonleh and Utah taking Randle.  WOW :o  Can I have his job?  Smart drops to the Lakers, btw.  Yeah, right.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/blakelys-nba-mock-draft-100-cs-take-chance-embiid
I agree with his draft 1-5, but this is the first time all year I have.  Miss Spears too.

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:38 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Isn't withholding some information normal? at least they are willing to share some with us

I was being difficult about the thread title more than anything.

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 01:54:44 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

Let's just hope that Boston receives enough information to be able to make an informed decision, or as close to one as possible.  I'm not sure that anyone has a clue right now as to what's going on with Embiid.
Yeah, who knows they might even show us everything it's just speculation on Sherrods part his agent supposedly wants to get him to either Boston or LA

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 02:04:28 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

Which is why I said that it's a little misleading ::)  It's the title of the article on csnne.  I wasn't trying to be difficult.  Jeez.

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 02:04:34 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
If the agent wants to get the player to a particular destination he can manipulate the process  for his desired outcome, or at least improve the chances for his desired outcome. Shouldn't the league have a rule that information given to one team should be given to all teams?

What is the purposes of having a draft if the player can manipulate the process against its intended goal?

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Word aapp!

Which is why I said that it's a little misleading ::)  It's the title of the article on csnne.  I wasn't trying to be difficult.  Jeez.

Word.

« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2014, 02:08:38 AM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Mr. Emoji

I agree with his draft 1-5, but this is the first time all year I have.  Miss Spears too.

Interesting.  What makes you think that Orlando won't take Smart?  Vonleh at 4 seems like a bit of a reach, imho, and I never would have had the Jazz taking Randle, but we'll see.  Just curious.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2014, 03:37:26 AM »

Offline Clench123

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Music to my ears.  Hope it's not that bad.

I always said when I left the Celtics, I could not go to heaven, because that would
 be a step down. I am pure 100 percent Celtic. I think if you slashed my wrists, my
 blood would’ve been green.  -  Bill "Greatest of All Time" Russell

« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2014, 03:50:43 AM »

Offline Rondo9

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 277
Many mocks have Smart going seventh. I wonder who the other teams are?

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
Music to my ears.  Hope it's not that bad.

Maybe you should hope it's bad on paper.