Author Topic: How Good Will the Nets/Hawks Pick Get?  (Read 9761 times)

Re: How Good Will the Nets/Hawks Pick Get?
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 03:43:46 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I can't possibly see both those teams missing the playoffs in the Leastern Conference, but I can see the pick being somewhere between 15 and 20.  That should equal a fairly nice score for us. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2014, 05:45:36 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I can't possibly see both those teams missing the playoffs in the Leastern Conference, but I can see the pick being somewhere between 15 and 20.  That should equal a fairly nice score for us.

They're tied for the last spot in the playoffs in the conference.  Both missing would mean that two of Cleveland, Detroit, and New York passed them both.  While that's unlikely, I wouldn't go so far as to say its impossible.  I would also find it more likely that happened instead of either team passing Chicago or Toronto to move into the top four of the conference, which means the worst our pick will be is #18, and very likely better than that.  If both teams miss the playoffs, even without incredible lottery luck, we'd probably get a top 10 pick out of it, which would be amazing.  Trying not to get too excited for that possibility, but if the nets lose to the Lakers tonight, they could start to fall into a slide for the few games (@ POR, at @Denver on a back-to-back.) I do think Atlanta is pretty likely to fall out of the playoffs.  They really miss Horford.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 06:53:49 PM by saltlover »

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2014, 05:57:21 PM »

Offline Nerf DPOY

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 377
Nearly two months off, but Nets' and Cavs' play each other last game of the season in Cleveland on 4/16. It'd be nuts if it were for the 8 seed(and ATL being playoff ghosts at that point)....

Edit: Just to echo most here, it seems more realistic the Nets catch the Wiz and/or Bulls/Raps than fall out of the playoffs, but in regards to the East and the Nets this season, where has being realistic gotten anybody?...

« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2014, 06:45:25 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I thought it didn't matter what the nets did? and that it was Atlanta that we needed to lose?

« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2014, 06:51:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
I thought it didn't matter what the nets did? and that it was Atlanta that we needed to lose?

We get the worse pick between the 2, so we want both to lose.  Whichever loses less is the pick we get.

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2014, 07:19:58 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
Given that Brooklyn has been playing good ball for a while and has a very easy schedule from here on, I will be surprised if they are not the 3rd seed when all is said and done.  Still, at 20, it's better than expected.

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
Given that Brooklyn has been playing good ball for a while and has a very easy schedule from here on, I will be surprised if they are not the 3rd seed when all is said and done.  Still, at 20, it's better than expected.

They had a good January, but if they don't win tonight, they'll probably finish February with a losing record.  They have as many home games as road games left, and while their opponents aren't the most difficult, they still have two games left against Miami, and several games against the teams right around their record, so they certainly could go either way.  They also have 7 back-to-backs left, which they're 2-10 on second games so far this season.  While making the playoffs should be doable, I think it's a bit of a stretch to find it probable they'll pass Chiacgo and Toronto.