Author Topic: With Players like Barnes, Jones and Sullinger Returning... (Clipper's Pick)  (Read 10772 times)

Offline Global Celtic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 84
What happens to the rights of that pick if the Clippers end up with a 1 - 10 pick?

We don't have any compensation?

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
Yup - we probably won't have a shot at most of the guys on that list, but they might push what would've been top-5 picks down to where we could be.  Deep deep draft next year like a lot of people predicted.

Now the Clips just have to live up to their end by getting a pick from 11-14...
Do you think the clipper's core, as constituted, is capable of doing that?

I'd say so.  Huge strides this year made by Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin, and Deandre Jordan.  If they can get full healthy seasons out of Gordon and Kaman, and build stronger chemistry with Mo Williams (who I find a much better fit than Baron), I'd say with 100% confidence that they improve upon their 32 game win total.  We only need them to not be one of the 10 worst teams in the NBA.  They were the 8th worst last year and I expect improvement.

So 7 pts and 7 board a game is huge strides? Deandre Jordan stats this yr btw. I think the Clippers are going to make a move this offseason to get some more talent around Blake. Kaman has 1 yr left on his contract which pays him 12.2 mil. Could be the guy the Clippers move.

Offline EvilEmpire

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 17
What happens to the rights of that pick if the Clippers end up with a 1 - 10 pick?

We don't have any compensation?

Thats right all the way through 2016, after that the pick is no longer protected.