Author Topic: Bring in Chief Kief  (Read 807 times)

Bring in Chief Kief
« on: November 20, 2018, 08:43:02 AM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Markieff Morris is the best imaginable prize in a consolidation trade without radically changing the core of this locker room.

Marcus Morris has been our borderline 2nd to 3rd best player this year and it's not hard to imagine why. He works hard, he takes pride in his game and has a chip on her shoulder. He's earned every cent of his NBA contracts over the years. DA clearly had the right mindset identifying him as a fit on this team, so why not bring in Markieff?

I've always found it fascinating that the Morris Brothers were able to develop complementary games with each other. Markieff is just a bit taller and has always provided a strong post presence while Marcus is the consummate bomber, lighting of teams from the perimeter. If you have the two of them on the floor you know you're getting quality defense and shot creation in the post and on the wing.

The time they've spent apart since Phoenix has probably only helped them develop their individual games, so why not see what they look like running it together again.

When Marcus hit that shot over Paul George, Markieff was losing it. For a guy who has thrown serious shade at Horford in the Celtics in the past it's not hard for Markieff to put on the green colored glasses when Marcus is us in a position to be great. I think he'd be the best chance for us to shake up this rotation without damaging the greater culture.

Not sure what the deal would look like but I'm starting to feel like we're 1 more Morris away from greatness.

Re: Bring in Chief Kief
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 01:32:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Buyout candidate if they blow it up and tank, hopefully?

« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 01:40:06 PM by rondofan1255 »

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 02:16:39 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
How come Markieff makes 8.6 million and Marcus makes 5.3 million? I thought they signed matching contracts? It would be really hard to match the 8.6 million in a trade. Picking him up off the waver wire would be really good.

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 04:17:19 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
How come Markieff makes 8.6 million and Marcus makes 5.3 million? I thought they signed matching contracts? It would be really hard to match the 8.6 million in a trade. Picking him up off the waver wire would be really good.

Actually no, I remember the Realgm article listed their combined contract value but it was Markieff who signed the larger contract. Marcus was sent off to Detroit which alienated Kief since he felt he signed for less than the Suns should have paid him to if they were signing him outright.

Ya sorry if the trade is unrealistic I admit I didn't really look into the financials before making this thread.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 04:22:54 PM by Smartacus »